Muslim brothers. You have created our new Caliphate. Who is your new Caliph?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Muslim brothers. You have created our new Caliphate. Who is your new Caliph?

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote:
Greta wrote:We are inevitably influenced by the company we keep, and that includes those we fight.

We can hardly be influenced by those whose ideas we are not exposed to, can we?

The US has been hanging around the "slums" of the world and allowed itself to be dragged into the gutter.
Trump is likely elevating to a prominent place in many mythologies. Boogyman, savior, caliph, grand wazoo. A few years ago Progs were sneering at the idea of a caliph. Now, the caliph is Trump. Go figure. In classic self-sabotage mode the targets awaken to and legitimize the paradigm of a fundy mythology hell-bent on the apocalyptic destruction, the invalidation with extreme prejudice, of the other.
Quick to jump to conclusions. Trump was not in my mind when I wrote the post, which are thoughts I'd had when GWB was riding roughshod over the middle east and the US economy. The association between the Abrahamic opponents has deepened significantly for over a decade.

Muslims have now been the US's main focus and the influence of Islam on the US is becoming ever more plain, with an increasing number of fundamentalists with views very similar to those of Muslims. Moral of the story: be careful what you focus on because that's the influence you have chosen to take on, knowingly or not.
Walker

Re: Muslim brothers. You have created our new Caliphate. Who is your new Caliph?

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote:Moral of the story: be careful what you focus on because that's the influence you have chosen to take on, knowingly or not.
Why?
Is the aim of Ralph Calph to make everyone act like a Muslim, and to renounce all other authority over man except for one?

From your statement are we to jump to conclusions that to be Muslim is wrong, and that in resisting Muslims folks become Muslims themselves in their behavior?

For what reasons would becoming Muslim be wrong. Because Islam is the religion of peace, as the saying goes?

Or, would it be because of the lust for invasion, terrorism, religious intolerance, and denial of human rights?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote:
Greta wrote:Moral of the story: be careful what you focus on because that's the influence you have chosen to take on, knowingly or not.
Why?
Because it's better to be careful than reckless in one's associations - to have at least some control over your influences rather than just following one's instincts.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote:
Walker wrote:
Why?
Because it's better to be careful than reckless in one's associations - to have at least some control over your influences rather than just following one's instincts.
Thank you. I'll take that as clear advice.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Greta wrote:We are inevitably influenced by the company we keep, and that includes those we fight.

We can hardly be influenced by those whose ideas we are not exposed to, can we?

The US has been hanging around the "slums" of the world and allowed itself to be dragged into the gutter.
It had the moral high ground at one time and pushed freedom.

All free men and nations have forgotten the first rule that a free man and nation has. To insure that all men share in that freedom.

We in the West have forgotten what we went to war to do.

Regards
DL
People often forget why they are where they are, 'specially those with lofty ideologies.
It catches on as the way to be. Woe when that forgotten gets challenged.

Trolls and larger-scale nation baiters know that in the civilized world, fighting words are merely the goad, so they’re well-behaved when there’s no strategic advantage in sacrificing the brave and young indoctrinated to the impersonal maw of war.

“There’s only one rule in street and bar fights: maximum violence, instantly.”
- Martin Amis
Free men who recognize their duty to insure that all share the freedom their people died for is hardly a lofty ideology.

If is duty and honor.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Harbal wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Take a look at the middle east since the fall of the Ottoman empire
Ah, yes. The good old days of the Ottoman Empire, how I miss them.
Good answer.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
He's called Donald Trump.
That is either astute thinking or foolishness. Time will tell.

A new world order has always been a U.S. goal.

Regards
DL
Seriously I think the aim of the US, and its western allies is world chaos. People in chaos find it hard to unite. Take a look at the middle east since the fall of the Ottoman empire and the steps taken by Britian and France then by the us is destabilising the region; funding dictatorships, and encouraging rebellion
I do not agree but if the tribes and cults you are talking about are Muslims and their slave owning ideology, then where do you see the problem in the Wests encouraging that they kill each other off?

I see that as weakening the enemy and promoting freedom with chaos.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:[

Or, would it be because of the lust for invasion, terrorism, religious intolerance, and denial of human rights?
For your files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... TdKxCz2FIQ

Regards
DL
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote:
Harbal wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Take a look at the middle east since the fall of the Ottoman empire
Ah, yes. The good old days of the Ottoman Empire, how I miss them.
Good answer.

Regards
DL

An empire who enshrined tolerance and freedom of religion to a degree that put the western powers to shame.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Harbal wrote: Ah, yes. The good old days of the Ottoman Empire, how I miss them.
Good answer.

Regards
DL

An empire who enshrined tolerance and freedom of religion to a degree that put the western powers to shame.
Western nations have yet to stoop to genocide and to think genocide is a part of a tolerant ideology is quite droll.

Regards
DL
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Greatest I am wrote: Western nations have yet to stoop to genocide
Taking the piss?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Good answer.

Regards
DL

Western nations have yet to stoop to genocide and to think genocide is a part of a tolerant ideology is quite droll.

Regards
DL
:roll:
Western nations invented genocide. Not only the phrase but the actuality. The native people's of both continents of American. The Jews in Germany. Several more modern examples in Bosnia and elsewhere.
You do not half talk bollocks.
Last edited by Hobbes' Choice on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Taking the piss?
:D :lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
FlashDangerpants wrote:
Taking the piss?
:D :lol:
It should be obvious by now that Trump is mindfully and purposefully controlling the media according to unwritten rules and principles some folks are just beginning to learn. This will form his identity according to his will within the zeitgeist and history. No fool, this one. If he’s a clown, it’s a tactic. Talk about your situational awareness.

Once that pattern of messaging is in place and he turns his attention to other matters, folks may not want to get on his bad side. He thinks in terms of military strength. If the US ever unleashes, whether or not it falls into the plan of a religious mythology, the cost will be more than scorched sensibilities. Folks may want to oust any ruler antagonistic to the USofA. However, the unleashing will likely be non-discriminatory in any terms other than constitutional, and genocide is not in the constitution.

For philosophical ideologues whose purpose is to define deplorable, this does not necessarily construe a statement defining a principle of what should be, even if one has the view that what should be can only be what is, for what whatever can be will be, as the song tells us.

Trump begins implementing his presidential media strategy
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... ategy.html

The demagogic genius of Donald J. Trump
http://theweek.com/articles/663225/dema ... ld-j-trump
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Try to construct useful sentences you ridiculous pseud.