President Trump

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

creativesoul

Re: President Trump

Post by creativesoul »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
creativesoul wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Where in Europe do they have the same situation?
There are many similarities between Brexit and the US election results.
I can't really see it.
Neither can I. That's always the case with relationships. It is often thought/believed to be a conceptual flaw. It is much better understood as a feature thereof.

An overwhelming amount of citizens think/believe that their inability to live their lives comfortably is unnecessary. Still yet, because the government creates the economic landscape, and the economic landscape is precisely the cause of the aforementioned inability... well...
creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I love this 'make America great again' slogan. Which point in time is it referring to? The slavery time? The segregation time? The McCarthyism time? The KKK lynchings time? The prohibition time? The Vietnam war time? The assassinations time? (oops, that's ongoing)...

Did anyone else notice how unhappy Trump's family looked? I thought his son Barron looked like a nice boy--trying to look interested when he was obviously desperately bored and tired and embarrassed at having to stand in front of all those people.
Trump's family consists of more than just the one son...

I agree that he was being a good kid. Must have been horribly boring for the lad...
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I love this 'make America great again' slogan. Which point in time is it referring to?
At least that's a question the people in your godforsaken country will never have to ponder.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bobevenson wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I love this 'make America great again' slogan. Which point in time is it referring to?
At least that's a question the people in your godforsaken country will never have to ponder.
You should define 'great'. When yanks claim their country is 'great' it doesn't actually mean anything.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
You should define 'great'. When yanks claim their country is 'great' it doesn't actually mean anything.
Well, it certainly doesn't mean anything in your goddamn country!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Watch the door don't hit your back.

- Thousands of needless, last-minute regulations costing billions of dollars to gum up the works.

- Back-stabbing Israel (purely envy of Bibi's intellect).

- Expelling Russian diplomats to fuel a false narrative of Trump’s win, for the sole purpose of fashioning a hook for the next election slogan, since the recount fiasco failed to penetrate the zeitgeist, though folks are still taking donations for the cause.

- No concept of international community and reality-based causality, because the office was too huge for an activist’s capacity, which narrowed the horizon of potential as close as the nearest mirror.

- True to form, continuing to needle and criticize the president-elect, like an irritant organizer.

- Will Hillary get a pardon for anything she may have done in the past, like Nixon did? Two ways of looking at it.

- One, what an egregiously corrupt and arrogant misuse of power to pardon one whose crimes were enumerated for the public record by the director of the FBI.
- Two, at this point what difference does it make if one more totalitarian, party-conscious, rule-of-man middle finger to the country is added to the legacy.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: - Back-stabbing Israel
Quite right. He should have looked Israel squarely in the eye as he pushed the knife in.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote:
Walker wrote:Quite right. He should have looked Israel squarely in the eye as he pushed the knife in.
He did. Everyone knows of his churlish view, but even aware, intelligent, and guarded backs are vulnerable to a needed embrace.

Israel certainly needs one, surrounded as it is by bloodthirsty, homicidal maniacs who launch thousands of rockets into places where folks live.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote:
Israel certainly needs one, surrounded as it is by bloodthirsty, homicidal maniacs who launch thousands of rockets into places where folks live.
I think the fact that Israel shouldn't really be there in the first place might have somthing to do with that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote:
Walker wrote:
I think the fact that Israel shouldn't really be there in the first place might have somthing to do with that.
Interesting perspective. Logically, in the world outside of imagination, everyone is exactly where they should be at every moment of existence, even it’s at a bus stop. Most often ignored by the free-willers is the choiceless act of struggle. People struggling to stay vs. people struggling to evict are doing just what they must, right where they must, and to do otherwise at the moment of doing is impossible. The question is, just how conditioned are folks to resolution? The answer is, quite conditioned. Life imitates art. Some folks demand a happy ending, so that is what they see. Some folks demand the tragic, or the sad, some a grand ending, some a fade-out, some a laugh or a surprise. Dramatic structure of entertainment dictates many expectations of unfolding reality, but unlike past forms of entertainment, these days forty acres and a mule ain’t the key to happiness for many, unless the forty acres are claimed in downtown Manhattan or some such place, and then think of the taxes. Best to lay claim to chunks of wasteland like Utah, or Nevada, in the land of the brave and the home of the free. Plenty of room there for the brilliant, enterprising, good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2JR3FmvVAw