President Trump

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: President Trump

Post by Dubious »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Dubious wrote: Umm no. I'm not American. What I'm basing it on is the advancement of animosity in the Western World against the Elites and the status quo.
Strange, because that's exactly what Americans are saying about the election of Trump. :)
What's strange? Like you said, the US is not the world. The dissatisfaction among citizens in Europe is not unlike that in the US though not quite as violent...yet.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dubious wrote:
Dubious wrote: Umm no. I'm not American. What I'm basing it on is the advancement of animosity in the Western World against the Elites and the status quo.
Strange, because that's exactly what Americans are saying about the election of Trump. :)
What's strange? Like you said, the US is not the world. The dissatisfaction among citizens in Europe is not unlike that in the US though not quite as violent...yet.
Where in Europe do they have the same situation?
creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

Dubious wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Strange, because that's exactly what Americans are saying about the election of Trump. :)
There are many similarities between Brexit and the US election results.
vegetariantaxidermy

creativesoul wrote:
Dubious wrote:
There are many similarities between Brexit and the US election results.
I can't really see it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Walker wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
I was talking about the fat properties of his arse, not his brain, unless he keeps his brain in his arse; Trump might.
Good grief. Look up holistic.
Possibly it doesn’t mean what you think.
So Trump holistically keeps his brain in his arse?

I'm still waiting for the punchline. If you want to do stand up you need to maintain the rhythm of comedy.
Sorry Hobbes. We don’t share your fascination with Trump’s anatomy, though it is obvious if someone told Trump to haul ass he would have to make more than one trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI
Walker

Post by Walker »

“To say that you won’t accept the results of the election, that is a direct threat to our democracy. The peaceful transfer of power is one of the things that makes America, America. It is not a joke and you know, some people are sore losers. We’ve just got to keep going.”
- Hillary Clinton

Same hypocritical words delivered in less than dulcet tones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oSicfdfmFU
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:“To say that you won’t accept the results of the election, that is a direct threat to our democracy. The peaceful transfer of power is one of the things that makes America, America. It is not a joke and you know, some people are sore losers. We’ve just got to keep going.”
- Hillary Clinton

Her voice is like a serrated-edged knife scraping along raw granite.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Obama:
At this time of Fidel Castro’s passing, we extend a hand of friendship to the Cuban people. We know that this moment fills Cubans - in Cuba and in the United States - with powerful emotions, recalling the countless ways in which Fidel Castro altered the course of individual lives, families, and of the Cuban nation. History will record and judge the enormous impact of this singular figure on the people and world around him.

For nearly six decades, the relationship between the United States and Cuba was marked by discord and profound political disagreements. During my presidency, we have worked hard to put the past behind us, pursuing a future in which the relationship between our two countries is defined not by our differences but by the many things that we share as neighbors and friends - bonds of family, culture, commerce, and common humanity. This engagement includes the contributions of Cuban Americans, who have done so much for our country and who care deeply about their loved ones in Cuba.

Today, we offer condolences to Fidel Castro's family, and our thoughts and prayers are with the Cuban people. In the days ahead, they will recall the past and also look to the future. As they do, the Cuban people must know that they have a friend and partner in the United States of America.

Trump:
“Today, the world marks the passing of a brutal dictator who oppressed his own people for nearly six decades.

“Fidel Castro’s legacy is one of firing squads, theft, unimaginable suffering, poverty and the denial of fundamental human rights. While Cuba remains a totalitarian island, it is my hope that today marks a move away from the horrors endured for too long, and toward a future in which the wonderful Cuban people finally live in the freedom they so richly deserve.”

“Though the tragedies, deaths and pain caused by Fidel Castro cannot be erased, our administration will do all it can to ensure the Cuban people can finally begin their journey toward prosperity and liberty. I join the many Cuban Americans who supported me so greatly in the presidential campaign, including the Brigade 2506 Veterans Association that endorsed me, with the hope of one day soon seeing a free Cuba.”
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Walker wrote:“To say that you won’t accept the results of the election, that is a direct threat to our democracy. The peaceful transfer of power is one of the things that makes America, America. It is not a joke and you know, some people are sore losers. We’ve just got to keep going.”
- Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton's logic is beyond me. She must know that recounts at this time will have no effect on Trump becoming President; the only effect is to damn herself by having all her sanctimonious words put into question any integrity she may still have left. In effect, she lost twice, this time through sheer hypocrisy. Again it's clear that taking the high-road is not a proposition normally accepted by politicians no matter how many times they proclaim it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dubious wrote:
- Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton's logic is beyond me. She must know that recounts at this time will have no effect on Trump becoming President; the only effect is to damn herself by having all her sanctimonious words put into question any integrity she may still have left. In effect, she lost twice, this time through sheer hypocrisy. Again it's clear that taking the high-road is not a proposition normally accepted by politicians no matter how many times they proclaim it.
There’s a few possibilities for gain.

Possibly the electoral count could change and give Trump less than 270 votes.

This would send the election to the House of Representatives, which would make Trump president because of the R. majority.

However, combined with all the bleating about the popular vote, the Progs would amp up the bleating that Trump is an illegitimate president.

Sets the mood for Trump’s future impeachment.

And Clinton’s hands are somewhat clean. Her surrogate Stein is in charge.
Walker

Post by Walker »

This is just precious.

Subsequent reality puts this segment of the third debate in perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXzxeTn6AXU
3:05 - genuine

Just by telling the truth, Trump gave Clinton all the line she wanted and off she went to prove what an unethical phony she is.

Thing is, Progressives know she is an unethical phony. They don’t really care.
The end justifies the means. Lying, cheating, defaming, belittling, breaking the law …

Sounds a lot like Taqiyya.

Pennsylvania State Department says Stein missed recount deadline
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/penns ... le/2608305
(Oh, surely this deadline can be extended. The future of the world is at stake.) :roll:
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:Obama:
At this time of Fidel Castro’s passing, we extend a hand of friendship to the Cuban people. We know that this moment fills Cubans - in Cuba and in the United States - with powerful emotions, recalling the countless ways in which Fidel Castro altered the course of individual lives, families, and of the Cuban nation. History will record and judge the enormous impact of this singular figure on the people and world around him.

For nearly six decades, the relationship between the United States and Cuba was marked by discord and profound political disagreements. During my presidency, we have worked hard to put the past behind us, pursuing a future in which the relationship between our two countries is defined not by our differences but by the many things that we share as neighbors and friends - bonds of family, culture, commerce, and common humanity. This engagement includes the contributions of Cuban Americans, who have done so much for our country and who care deeply about their loved ones in Cuba.

Today, we offer condolences to Fidel Castro's family, and our thoughts and prayers are with the Cuban people. In the days ahead, they will recall the past and also look to the future. As they do, the Cuban people must know that they have a friend and partner in the United States of America.

Trump:
“Today, the world marks the passing of a brutal dictator who oppressed his own people for nearly six decades.

“Fidel Castro’s legacy is one of firing squads, theft, unimaginable suffering, poverty and the denial of fundamental human rights. While Cuba remains a totalitarian island, it is my hope that today marks a move away from the horrors endured for too long, and toward a future in which the wonderful Cuban people finally live in the freedom they so richly deserve.”

“Though the tragedies, deaths and pain caused by Fidel Castro cannot be erased, our administration will do all it can to ensure the Cuban people can finally begin their journey toward prosperity and liberty. I join the many Cuban Americans who supported me so greatly in the presidential campaign, including the Brigade 2506 Veterans Association that endorsed me, with the hope of one day soon seeing a free Cuba.”
Trump probably had to google his name. He wasn't a dictator and I'm not getting into an argument of googles over him, especially with some paranoid yank morons.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Trump probably had to google his name. He wasn't a dictator and I'm not getting into an argument of googles over him, especially with some paranoid yank morons.
Trump said Castro was a dictator.
Look up the meaning of the word.

He did not say that Cuba is a dictatorship.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Trump probably had to google his name. He wasn't a dictator and I'm not getting into an argument of googles over him, especially with some paranoid yank morons.

Oooh, Trump said it. Like I should care why?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Walker wrote:

Oooh, Trump said it. Like I should care why?
Since you don't like Americans or America, why do you even post anything about them? I think you secretly love us and want to come here.