What does Bob think of the British political system?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

What does Bob think of the British political system?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

I never see a discussion about the British political system. Considering this is a British website and it looks like Bob likes to keep up to date on these matters plus I figure Bob would be unbiased, I thought it would be interesting to pose him the question to learn something about British politics.

PhilX
bobevenson

Re: What does Bob think of the British political system?

Post by bobevenson »

I don't know anything about British politics other than its dream of making America its beast of burden.
"Am I hard enough,
Am I rough enough,
Am I rich enough,
I'm not too blind to see,
I'll never be your beast of burden."
-The Rolling Stones
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

So you admit that all this 'policeman of the world' guff is just national self-interest?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, do yourself a favor and sober up.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I wonder how many Americans understand their own bizarre voting system. Perhaps that's why Bob doesn't vote--he doesn't know how.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I wonder how many Americans understand their own bizarre voting system. Perhaps that's why Bob doesn't vote--he doesn't know how.
No, Ms. Vegetariantaxidermy, the American voting system is very clear, it's just like every other voting system, you select stupid candidates whose only interest is getting elected or reelected. Unfortunately, every voting system in the world is inaccurate and expensive, and should be replaced by a system designed by the A.C. Nielsen Company. I don't vote because I'm too smart to vote (unable to control the election outcome).
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I wonder how many Americans understand their own bizarre voting system. Perhaps that's why Bob doesn't vote--he doesn't know how.
No, Ms. Vegetariantaxidermy, the American voting system is very clear, it's just like every other voting system, you select stupid candidates whose only interest is getting elected or reelected. Unfortunately, every voting system in the world is inaccurate and expensive, and should be replaced by a system designed by the A.C. Nielsen Company. I don't vote because I'm too smart to vote (unable to control the election outcome).
So you wouldn't want to be elected then?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

When the AEP runs a candidate, the modus operandi will be the Champagne Sherry Principle, getting people to vote for an AEP member instead of the candidate.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Guys... we should stop jokes, this is serious, people die. Bob should be our president.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Arising_uk wrote:So you admit that all this 'policeman of the world' guff is just national self-interest?
Bobby Bobby, you just said you're not our beast of burden so what is this burden you think you bear?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

The British would like us to be their beast of burden, but I'm afraid it's still just a wet dream!
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote:
Our voting system at state and federal levels is the most accurate in the world. We continually have a 96 to 97 percent voter turnout. it is also the least corrupt system in the world. Ask me how this is achieved.
vegetariantaxidermy

Ginkgo wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Our voting system at state and federal levels is the most accurate in the world. We continually have a 96 to 97 percent voter turnout. it is also the least corrupt system in the world. Ask me how this is achieved.
96 to 97 percent voter turnout? I find that hard to believe. And how do you know it's the 'least corrupt'?
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Ginkgo wrote:
bobevenson wrote: No, Ms. Vegetariantaxidermy, the American voting system is very clear, it's just like every other voting system, you select stupid candidates whose only interest is getting elected or reelected. Unfortunately, every voting system in the world is inaccurate and expensive, and should be replaced by a system designed by the A.C. Nielsen Company. I don't vote because I'm too smart to vote (unable to control the election outcome).
96 to 97 percent voter turnout? I find that hard to believe. And how do you know it's the 'least corrupt'?
Sorry, my mistake, I misread the table. Austria is one of the highest for electoral integrity. Australia ranks in the top thirty.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Ginkgo wrote:
bobevenson wrote: No, Ms. Vegetariantaxidermy, the American voting system is very clear, it's just like every other voting system, you select stupid candidates whose only interest is getting elected or reelected. Unfortunately, every voting system in the world is inaccurate and expensive, and should be replaced by a system designed by the A.C. Nielsen Company. I don't vote because I'm too smart to vote (unable to control the election outcome).

It's illegal to NOT VOTE in Australia.