Only the A.C. Nielsen Company Can Assure an Unrigged Election

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Only the A.C. Nielsen Company Can Assure an Unrigged Election

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:I do realize you have a short memory, but I'll try to refresh it. As I have stated time and time again, the Champagne Sherry Principle of the AEP, getting people to vote for an AEP member and not the candidate, is the automatic key to success.
Dur! But your claim is that voting makes no difference booblehead.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:... and I'm sure my vote wasn't the reason, but I realized the way to win an election is to get people to vote for you and not the candidate.
:lol:
Cognitive dissonance is your middle name bob.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote: I am serious and I will ask you to go through the Champagne Sherry Principle again.
OK, the only time I have ever voted for anybody was for Champagne Sherry for Homecoming Queen. She had a campaign poster of two bubbling champagne glasses with the slogan "Vote for Champagne Sherry for Homecoming Queen." I didn't know Sherry and wouldn't have walked across the street to vote for her. But her boyfriend was a friend of mine, and he figuratively dragged me across campus to vote for her. Champagne Sherry was elected Homecoming Queen, and I'm sure my vote wasn't the reason, but I realized the way to win an election is to get people to vote for you and not the candidate.
Then how does one vote for an AEP member without going to a voting booth and it appears from your story that someone has to convince you to vote for an AEP member?
AEP members are helping their neighbors throughout the year dealing with the local government, getting potholes fixed and helping them with a variety of other problems, while at the same time proselytizing them on the merits of the AEP. At election time, members only ask for them to vote for AEP candidates since members are evaluated by the AEP on voting results. Is that too much for a friend to ask? At least in my case it wasn't.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote: OK, the only time I have ever voted for anybody was for Champagne Sherry for Homecoming Queen.
Is there really a person who's actual name is Champagne Sherry? If I were to allow myself to start laughing at that I fear I would have to spend the rest of the week trying to stop.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Harbal wrote:
bobevenson wrote: OK, the only time I have ever voted for anybody was for Champagne Sherry for Homecoming Queen.
Is there really a person who's actual name is Champagne Sherry? If I were to allow myself to start laughing at that I fear I would have to spend the rest of the week trying to stop.
Please, Harbal, I don't even know what her last name was. Her first name was Sherry, and Champagne Sherry was just a clever little twist on combining two alcoholic drinks, OK? Now, if you want a laugh, the inventor of the Lear jet actually named his daughter Chanda!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote:Champagne Sherry was just a clever little twist on combining two alcoholic drinks,
Clever? Anyone lacking in good taste to that extent shouldn't be allowed out of their house.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote:if you want a laugh, the inventor of the Lear jet actually named his daughter Chanda!
That may just be the result of having a good sense of humour.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Harbal wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Champagne Sherry was just a clever little twist on combining two alcoholic drinks,
Clever? Anyone lacking in good taste to that extent shouldn't be allowed out of their house.
Harbal, you have certainly established yourself as an old stick-in-the-mud!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote: Harbal, you have certainly established yourself as an old stick-in-the-mud!
Come on, bob. Champagne Sherry would even be a step too far as the name of a character in a second rate American sitcom.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:AEP members are helping their neighbors throughout the year dealing with the local government, getting potholes fixed and helping them with a variety of other problems, while at the same time proselytizing them on the merits of the AEP.
But none of this exists. Why do you want people to keep talking about your stupid fantasies? Do you have anything remotely connected with commonly-recognized reality to talk about? What have you accomplished in ANY WAY that has benefited anyone's life during all these years that you've been blabbing on and on to feed your own ravenous and childish ego? Are you ever going to grow up and contribute something, or are you just going to keep making up fantasies and excuses?
Gustav Bjornstrand

Post by Gustav Bjornstrand »

Bob Evenson has done, and continues to do, extraordinary things. It really surprises me that no one of you sees it. Potholes are just a minor example. But in my neck of the woods we no longer have any potholes. This is no small thing. As time goes on I will list, one by one, the other trmendous advantages.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Harbal wrote:
bobevenson wrote: Harbal, you have certainly established yourself as an old stick-in-the-mud!
Come on, bob. Champagne Sherry would even be a step too far as the name of a character in a second rate American sitcom.
She won the election, pal.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:AEP members are helping their neighbors throughout the year dealing with the local government, getting potholes fixed and helping them with a variety of other problems, while at the same time proselytizing them on the merits of the AEP.
But none of this exists. Why do you want people to keep talking about your stupid fantasies? Do you have anything remotely connected with commonly-recognized reality to talk about? What have you accomplished in ANY WAY that has benefited anyone's life during all these years that you've been blabbing on and on to feed your own ravenous and childish ego? Are you ever going to grow up and contribute something, or are you just going to keep making up fantasies and excuses?
I pity people like you who can only discuss things they can touch.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gustav Bjornstrand wrote:Bob Evenson has done, and continues to do, extraordinary things. It really surprises me that no one of you sees it. Potholes are just a minor example. But in my neck of the woods we no longer have any potholes. This is no small thing. As time goes on I will list, one by one, the other trmendous advantages.
I look forward to hearing more from you, Gustav.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:I pity people like you who can only discuss things they can touch.
:lol:

Based on your PROJECTION above, I guess you are unable to recognize that it is YOU who are OBSESSED and DEPENDENT on a world YOU THINK YOU CAN TOUCH... and YOU often can ONLY discuss THAT. The much larger realm of possibilities that most of us delve into is what you shy away from... because you prefer to focus on and speak of an imaginary world that exalts you.