Only the A.C. Nielsen Company Can Assure an Unrigged Election

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Only the A.C. Nielsen Company Can Assure an Unrigged Election

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:... In other words, winning candidates are only selected by dummies.
Or those smart enough to vote and increase the chance of getting the party they want in.

But once again we are on the bob goldfish memory loop
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:... In other words, winning candidates are only selected by dummies.
Or those smart enough to vote and increase the chance of getting the party they want in.
Please, I just stated the absolute fact that everybody's vote is meaningless and has no effect on the outcome of the election.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Bob, you are wrong on so many levels that the word "wrong" is inadequate for the job of critiquing you.

Three points:

Only the A.C. Nielsen Company Can Assure an Unrigged Election

The AC Nielsen company has no interest in representing the will of the people faithfully. As a private commercial corporation, it is only interested in maximising the return on its shareholder's investment and maximising the compensation of its CEO and board. Therefore it can never be trusted not to fake the results of its research in favour of the candidate who promises to do most to enrich its CEO, its board and its shareholders.

There's all kinds of voting fraud

Actually there isn't. The problem of voter fraud is hugely exaggerated by Republicans, seemingly in order to justify policies that depress the numbers of Democrat voters.

And again, everybody's views are not represented since less than half of the population bothers to go out and vote (the smart people). In other words, winning candidates are only selected by dummies.

This is incoherent, dude. What you seem to saying is that it is smart to have your views be not represented; that it is smart to have the dumb choice elected. That only make sense if you think smart people's ideas would be bad for the country.

Only a fool could think that.

And only a blithering idiot would think it a point worth making
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I'm sorry, but you obviously have no understanding of market research, voting or my argument, which is not surprising coming from the little Nazi in Augsburg.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Please, I just stated the absolute fact that everybody's vote is meaningless and has no effect on the outcome of the election.
Maybe not in your apparently corrupt and undemocratic republic but in our constitutional monarchy we appear fairly democratic and uncorrupt at the polls.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

My God you're pathetically stupid. Next thing you're going to say is that 100% of your stupid population votes. I'll give you credit for the "monarchy" part, though: supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:My God you're pathetically stupid. Next thing you're going to say is that 100% of your stupid population votes. ...
Nope, about 66%, the ones who don't can't complain.
I'll give you credit for the "monarchy" part, though: supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person.
Except your selective reading super-power blinds you to the word "constitutional". But I'll give you that our prime minister is way more powerful than your president.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

You fail to follow the basic argument. It is irrational to vote since one's vote cannot change the outcome of an election, ergo, the non-voter is both intelligent and rational. Trying to refute this argument by saying that people who don't vote can't complain is as irrational as voting.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Thanks god, you are going to change elections explaining that in internet.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:You fail to follow the basic argument. It is irrational to vote since one's vote cannot change the outcome of an election, ergo, the non-voter is both intelligent and rational. ...
No I get it, the problem is that it just doesn't hold up, so whilst its true that one vote may never be the deciding call it is true that if that vote was not made and each of your non-voters did just that then the vote that was carried by a thousand may not have been if a thousand non-voters had voted. The thing is that you just want to give our world over to 'Satan' and the 'Beast' and one of the best ways I guess would be to hand over democracy to institutions, so I guess you condemn yourself with every word you speak as the false prophet anti-baptist to 'Satan' and the 'beast'. Or you're just a loony, guess which I choose.
Trying to refute this argument by saying that people who don't vote can't complain is as irrational as voting.
Just saying that those who don't vote should stop whining about their govt.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Sorry, nothing you said makes any sense at all. Since a potential voter has no control over other potential voters, it makes absolutely no difference in an election's outcome whether or not he votes. Therefore, voting is ipso facto irrational, and to claim that it takes an irrational act to give one the right to complain is exceedingly moronic.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

In my country I sell my vote, so people can "convince" me.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

In the USA, you could go to jail for selling your vote, but the AEP will get around that via the Champagne Sherry Principle.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Sorry, nothing you said makes any sense at all. Since a potential voter has no control over other potential voters, it makes absolutely no difference in an election's outcome whether or not he votes. ...
We see things differently, from my point of view the more idiots who don't vote the more mine counts.
Therefore, voting is ipso facto irrational, and to claim that it takes an irrational act to give one the right to complain is exceedingly moronic.
From my point of view those who are so lazy as to not even make it to the polls should shut their yaps about the govt they get.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

bobevenson wrote:In the USA, you could go to jail for selling your vote, but the AEP will get around that via the Champagne Sherry Principle.
really? why? is that illegal, are you sure? How many years?
PS:
Oh, shit, it is illegal in my own country too. I didn't know XD.