Only the A.C. Nielsen Company Can Assure an Unrigged Election

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Only the A.C. Nielsen Company Can Assure an Unrigged Election

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

bobevenson wrote:Nielsen does it for TV ratings and product brand shares sold through grocery and drugstores, where accuracy is of paramount importance. Are political elections any less important?
No one cares what Nielsen is; what you are, nor what you are saying.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:I pity people like you who can only discuss things they can touch.
You prefer to focus on and speak of an imaginary world that exalts you.
It doesn't exalt me, but now that you mention it, maybe it does!
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Nielsen does it for TV ratings and product brand shares sold through grocery and drugstores, where accuracy is of paramount importance. Are political elections any less important?
No one cares what Nielsen is; what you are, nor what you are saying.
Please, for your own self-respect, stop showing your ignorance so flagrantly!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:I pity people like you who can only discuss things they can touch.
You prefer to focus on and speak of an imaginary world that exalts you.
Oh exalted one. Does this mean you are in charge here?

PhilX
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:
Lacewing wrote:You prefer to focus on and speak of an imaginary world that exalts you.
It would be totally absurd for you to pretend here that your glorification is not a big part of your imaginary world. You've repeatedly spoken about it and insisted that everyone believe it. But I guess openly demonstrating your absurdity is not something you pay heed to, if you're even conscious of it. :)
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I'm just teasing you with your own terminology. You keep forgetting that I'm a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic, or ESP as the first letter of each word suggests.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

I think you mean SPE and you forgot the word Waffle.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Please, somebody, give me a single example of where I have been wrong on anything on any level!

Strange question, already answered before it was asked ...
mickthinks wrote:Bob, you are wrong on so many levels that the word "wrong" is inadequate for the job of critiquing you.

Three points:

Only the A.C. Nielsen Company Can Assure an Unrigged Election

The AC Nielsen company has no interest in representing the will of the people faithfully. As a private commercial corporation, it is only interested in maximising the return on its shareholder's investment and maximising the compensation of its CEO and board. Therefore it can never be trusted not to fake the results of its research in favour of the candidate who promises to do most to enrich its CEO, its board and its shareholders.

There's all kinds of voting fraud

Actually there isn't. The problem of voter fraud is hugely exaggerated by Republicans, seemingly in order to justify policies that depress the numbers of Democrat voters.

And again, everybody's views are not represented since less than half of the population bothers to go out and vote (the smart people). In other words, winning candidates are only selected by dummies.

This is incoherent, dude. What you seem to saying is that it is smart to have your views be not represented; that it is smart to have the dumb choice elected. That only make sense if you think smart people's ideas would be bad for the country.

Only a fool could think that.

And only a blithering idiot would think it a point worth making
... which naturally leads to another example of what's wrong with you, Bob—apparently you can't read!
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, the A.C. Nielsen Company has been in business longer than you've been alive, and has gained a world-wide reputation as the leading market research company producing data that million-dollar companies use to make billion-dollar decisions. There is plenty of documented voter fraud and inaccuracy in trying to tabulate results from thousands upon thousands of voting locations. And the fact that half the population doesn't vote means they are not being properly represented, which Nielsen would be able to correct.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

OK. So many of the polls were wrong about Trump winning. So we're supposed to believe that polling for Presidential elections will be accurate? :?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gary Childress wrote:OK. So many of the polls were wrong about Trump winning. So we're supposed to believe that polling for Presidential elections will be accurate? :?
Please don't try to compare the A.C. Nielsen Company with the crap these so-called polls come out with!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:OK. So many of the polls were wrong about Trump winning. So we're supposed to believe that polling for Presidential elections will be accurate? :?
Please don't try to compare the A.C. Nielsen Company with the crap these so-called polls come out with!
Whatever you say, Bob.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gary Childress wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Whatever you say, Bob.
Yup, Gary, you can hang your hat on whatever I say, and twice on Sunday!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Please don't try to compare the A.C. Nielsen Company with the crap these so-called polls come out with!
Why?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Because nobody's paying them for their crap, and that's a pretty good definition of "crap."