Is American democracy still good?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: Is American democracy still good?

Post by bobevenson »

Please, don't be so thin-skinned, I wasn't specifically talking about you.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote:Please, don't be so thin-skinned, I wasn't specifically talking about you.
So you're saying you don't think my posts are stupid? Have you got any idea how much effort I put into trying to make my posts among the most stupid on this forum? It makes me wonder why I even bother!
osgart

Post by osgart »

democracy is of the people, for the people, by the people. Its never been that. Its a republic representing the people. The only thing it represents though is big money special interests. If it was a democracy every citizen would have rights of survival and opportunity.
It is imperialistic money driven competition of empires of controlled wealth with a high tolerance of people in general. Which is to their credit.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Harbal wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Take a good hard look at your fucking candidates.
One evil witch, and one government scrounger bankrupt racist p****.
We should send Jeremy over there. Their need is greater than ours. :D
They have Bernie, but Hilary cheated him out of the contest.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

bobevenson wrote:None of you understand that the quality of candidates for U.S. president is dictated by the salary the position offers. Unfortunately, the most important position in the world has a salary that might be appropriate for a middle manager of a small corporation. The president should receive a larger salary than any CEO in America. In fact, I offer an even better solution. The president should not be offered a salary at all, but 0.5% of every U.S. tax dollar that is not flushed down the toilet, and a bonus for every drop of American blood that is not shed in vain. I guarantee you that the next president would not be a Donald Trump, a Hillary Clinton or anybody else on an ego trip, but somebody who can actually make things happen!
This is not relevant.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Note to Herbal: You said you are trying to make your posts the most stupid in this forum. I believe if you study the above post by Hobbes' Choice, you will be well on your way to success.