the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re:

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

henry quirk wrote:"When someone does something stupid, it limits the liberty of everyone else because then the govt. expands it's power by making more laws."

Yep.

I live in south Louisiana. Past few days we've had a godawful amount of rain and now have flooding. Civil authorities, over and over, encouraged folks to be sensible and stay off the roads. For one, driving through flood waters is liable to leave a body stranded when the car dies. For another, driving through flood waters stirs up a wake that goes plowing into homes making the bad, worse.

So what did a great many of my fellow Louisianians do? Drive through flood waters, get stranded, get rescued by an already strained EMS and police system; and, cause thousands of more dollars in damage to homes already flooded.

What did local government do in response? Issue curfews to restrain idiots who won't restrain themselves, idiots who now complain about the restraint.
Initially, ignorant people live in stupid places to live, but the question is, after repeated evidence of that truth, when does their ignorance wane and stupidity take over?

I know moving is hard, but then who do they really have to blame, when the planet is so adamant?
Dalek Prime

Re: the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

Post by Dalek Prime »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Par-tay!!! (Awesome pics of child abuse, btw. :evil: )

Yet another person who has proven not fit to breed.
Is he advocating, or contrasting for your benefit?
How is child abuse beneficial for anyone? I'm an antinatalist because I don't want this rubbish done to young minds.
creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

So many complaints that totally miss the big picture...

Ah well, at least the OP got something (almost)right. Most Americans have little to no clue.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"at least the OP got something (almost)right"

How am I not completely right?
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

How is child abuse beneficial for anyone? I'm an antinatalist because I don't want this rubbish done to young minds.
My comment went right over your head DP, is it any wonder? How is it child abuse to post pictures of people potentially abusing children? You don't even know "why" Bill posted those pics, to then say he's not fit to breed, is only a reflection of your own small mind, surely not his.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
My comment went right over your head DP, is it any wonder? How is it child abuse to post pictures of people potentially abusing children? You don't even know "why" Bill posted those pics, to then say he's not fit to breed, is only a reflection of your own small mind, surely not his.
I said the fellow abusing his kid in the picture is not fit to breed, not Bill, who has not bred. Try reading. And if you recall anything of me, it's that I'm against breeding, period. So you never do read.
Hobbes' Choice

Re:

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

henry quirk wrote:"at least the OP got something (almost)right"

How am I not completely right?
A hired hand, a slave, cannot lead, inspire, and has no authority to govern.

A leader has to be able to make mistakes and to be held accountable; be removable.

What is needed of an elected leader is the Benn V.

"What power have you got?

"Where did you get it from?

"In whose interests do you use it?

"To whom are you accountable?

"How do we get rid of you?"

Anyone who cannot answer the last of those questions does not live in a democratic system.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

The one picture was of someone with a Playboy magazine open in front of a toddler.

You must be ridiculously conservative on this stuff.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"A hired hand, a slave, cannot lead, inspire, and has no authority to govern."

Indeed, and here, in America, our employees get hired to work...and that's supposed to include presidents.

#

"A leader has to be able to make mistakes and to be held accountable; be removable."

Even more so with an employee, which is what a president is supposed to be.

#

"What power have you got?"

What's given in the job description, as approved by the employer(s).

#

"Where did you get it from?"

The employer(s).

#

"In whose interests do you use it?"

The employer(s).

#

"To whom are you accountable?"

The employer(s).

#

"How do we get rid of you?"

Firing or prosecution.

#

"Anyone who cannot answer the last of those questions does not live in a democratic system."

All questions answered, and, America is not a democracy. America is a constitutional republic.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Terrapin Station wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
The one picture was of someone with a Playboy magazine open in front of a toddler.

Do I think toddlers and sex should be separate and removed from each other? Yes. You don't? That's worrimsome. Even more worrisome that you think that anyone who thinks that way, should be ridiculed for it.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: How is child abuse beneficial for anyone? I'm an antinatalist because I don't want this rubbish done to young minds.

Do I think toddlers and sex should be separate and removed from each other? Yes. You don't? That's worrimsome. Even more worrisome that you think that anyone who thinks that way, should be ridiculed for it.
This isn't a conversation I'll get into in any depth here, but for one, there's no sex in Playboy, just nudity. It's not Hustler or Oui or anything like that. Toddlers see boobs regularly (at least hopefully they do).
Arising_uk

Re:

Post by Arising_uk »

henry quirk wrote:...

All questions answered, and, America is not a democracy. America is a constitutional republic.
I thought it was a constitutional democratic republic?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: How is child abuse beneficial for anyone? I'm an antinatalist because I don't want this rubbish done to young minds.

Nudity is natural. Clothes are not. Have you ever stopped to think harm the proscription against nudity can do to a young mind?
Wearing clothes and being told to cover up fosters notions that the body is dirty, and shameful.
Hobbes' Choice

Re:

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

henry quirk wrote: America is not a democracy. America is a constitutional republic.
Why do you go through all that pain of voting?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"I thought it was a constitutional democratic republic?"

It's also called a federal republic.

What it is: a republic bound up by, limited by, a constitution...democratic processes are a function of this but not the definer of it....at least, that's how it's supposed to be.

#

"Why do you go through all that pain of voting?"

We vote to hire employees, to approve infrastructure maintenance and improvement, to approve funding for infrastructure maintenance and improvement, etc. (we vote to maintain and further the nation)...at least, that what American voting is supposed to be about. Nowadays, American voting seems mostly to be about installing nobility, and gettin' other folks to foot one's bills.