the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

Post by henry quirk »

If elections were viewed properly (as hiring an employee instead of installing a noble) then voters, americans, america might get the kind of practical, minimalist, public service (and servants) it needs.

But, noooooooo...

There seems to be an unattractive aspect of the human psyche that craves 'leaders' and 'directors' and 'governors', that wants some one else to say what's what.

Me: I want proxies, servants, employees...folks who shut the fuck up and do the work they were hired to do...folks who never lose sight of being employees and who evidence the appropriate humility as employees.

Not seein' why so many find being 'the governed' a good thing...not seein how a 'need' for governance is a good thing.
Bill Wiltrack

Re: the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Good point & well articulated.

Think America as well as a few other modern, industrialized countries are going through a period of disruptive technology that will break-down the strict top-down management type of governance.

This is seen in the modern types of communication. Tweets & bloggers are being quoted more & more in the modern American political discourse.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Think America as well as a few other modern, industrialized countries are going through a period of disruptive technology that will break-down the strict top-down management type of governance. ...
Except that these technologies are allowing fewer and fewer to gain more and more of the wealth.
This is seen in the modern types of communication. Tweets & bloggers are being quoted more & more in the modern American political discourse.[/size]
Instead of twitting and blagging they should actually get out and vote, be an activist for a party. The problem with these 'communication' types is that people think they are actually doing something rather than just doing something.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Points well taken. Actually I am into the emerging blockchain technology. Which is more of a Decentralized Autonomous Organization.

You're welcome.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.Points well taken. Actually I am into the emerging blockchain technology. Which is more of a Decentralized Autonomous Organization. ...
Actually more of a distributed database technology upon which one can build certain types of transactions and one with a severe problem for payments at present as you can't pay your taxes with the 'currency' so essentially its for the black-marketeers, plus it's shown itself vunerable to hackers and exchange collapse. But when you say "into" you mean you've read about it
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote:If elections were viewed properly (as hiring an employee instead of installing a noble) then voters, americans, america might get the kind of practical, minimalist, public service (and servants) it needs.

But, noooooooo...

There seems to be an unattractive aspect of the human psyche that craves 'leaders' and 'directors' and 'governors', that wants some one else to say what's what.

Me: I want proxies, servants, employees...folks who shut the fuck up and do the work they were hired to do...folks who never lose sight of being employees and who evidence the appropriate humility as employees.

Not seein' why so many find being 'the governed' a good thing...not seein how a 'need' for governance is a good thing.
Excellent posting, (and not a 'shrug' anywhere). You are absolutely right. Politicians are our employees, NOT our leaders. Anyone who actually wants to be the US President has something fundamentally wrong with them by default, so they are always going to be deeply flawed individuals. I like the Swiss system with its nominal 'leader' (I think the governing collective have turns in that role) and referendums on major policies. It's the only true democracy on the planet.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

No, actually I'm in. Really in.

Kind-of funny the way I got into it. Bout 8 months ago I actually mentioned cryptocurrency here on this forum. Being a new idea- of course it was met with much skepticism here. The rudeness and off handedness by fellow active members here drove me to dig deeper & go all-in.

Things were getting boring here so I kind-of left here for about 6 months when I actually began serious study & even more investing in crypto.

Funny thing happened...I've made more money quicker than ANY OTHER TIME IN MY LIFE - except of-course when I was slingin dope.

Got to say, of all the years I've spent upon this forum THIS experience REALLY paid-off & UNEXPECTEDLY paid-off. IN SPADES!

& it NEVER would have happened unless I was here...and then NOT HERE of course.

FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Lol, Bill got banned for posting a an animal sex and death video and then put all his money in a sure fire investment that can only ever go up.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...
Funny thing happened...I've made more money quicker than ANY OTHER TIME IN MY LIFE - except of-course when I was slingin dope.

Got to say, of all the years I've spent upon this forum THIS experience REALLY paid-off & UNEXPECTEDLY paid-off. IN SPADES!

& it NEVER would have happened unless I was here...and then NOT HERE of course. [/size].
So how did you make money from it?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The blockchain is the next internet.

Actually, I am spending hours each day - STILL learning. Quite exciting.

Matter-of-fact I have less & less time to spend here - philosophy...my first love.

Finding myself coming here less & less.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.The blockchain is the next internet.
No its not, they are two different things.
Actually, I am spending hours each day - STILL learning. Quite exciting.
Good for you, its good to keep updated.

How did you make money from it?
Matter-of-fact I have less & less time to spend here - philosophy...my first love.
Plus for us and Philosophy.
Finding myself coming here less & less..
Double plus.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

henry quirk wrote:If elections were viewed properly (as hiring an employee instead of installing a noble) then voters, americans, america might get the kind of practical, minimalist, public service (and servants) it needs.

But, noooooooo...

Is this just for your Presidential elections or do you think it applies to Congress and Senate too?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

You appear to have an affinity for the AEP. First of all, everybody's vote is counted through modern statistical sampling techniques. Secondly, the government does not own, operate, support or promote anything. And you can forget about the crony capitalism so prevalent in other so-called political parties.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Is this just for your Presidential elections or do you think it applies to Congress and Senate too?"

I think it applies to every public job -- elected or appointed -- from the federal all the way down to the municipal. They're all employees (who're treated like rulers by a population apparently well-trained to do just that).

I want them all to see themselves as proxies...I want the voters to see them as proxies...I also want to live forever and that ain't gonnna happen either.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"You appear to have an affinity for the AEP."

I agree, and as I say elsewhere, as soon as you move the AEP from blueprint stage, I'll be happy to consider giving it my support.