the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:How does the term make no sense? You understood it well enough.
I didn't say no sense I said its a nonsense term in the sense of a rubbish one when there is a perfectly good one available.
Now, how did I know you'd nitpick that as well... :roll:
It's Kim's job to nitpick, when he/she/it feels like it's necessary.
SpheresOfBalance

Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Oh yeah. You are the gatekeeper of what is true. :roll:
Nope, I just understand the question of philosophy probably better than anyone here. I try to never say what is necessarily true, just point out when one professes to know the truth when it can't necessarily be determined with 100% certainty. You know, when it's simply tied to ones personal wants/desires, a matter of their self serving agenda. You're antinatalism for instance. Look, I'm sorry that your life was somehow less that perfect. You may be as I am, one that certainly knows pain. Sure life is a tumble of the dice. But I surely try and speak for everyone's equal benefit, not their never having a chance to benefit anything whatsoever.

What has soured your milk so terribly that you can't see it as either delicious buttermilk, yogurt or kefir?
Again, you fail to comprehend that nothing is not missing, nor needs, life and any 'benefits' that may or may not occur by existing. I'm not asking you to agree with me, as it's unpalatable to you. What I'm asking is, that you acknowledge that nothing, of or for itself, requires being concieved.
If nothing else you enjoy bitching about the fact that you're here to bitch about it, so I really don't know what you're bitching about. ;-)
SpheresOfBalance

Re:

henry quirk wrote:"what gave the young and non-white special soothsaying abilities?"

Best I can tell: "young and non-white" folks are just as biased, short-sighted, and, perhaps, stupid as old white folks. And: "young and non-white" folks have the added negatives of bein' very noisy and very idealistic (loony).

Go have a conversation with one and see for yourself.
I like how you have the knack for creating the image of some old crusty white guy holding a spear, no make that a shotgun. ;-)
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:It's Kim's job to nitpick, when he/she/it feels like it's necessary.
Please, leave Ms. Novak alone!
Walker

Re:

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote:"what gave the young and non-white special soothsaying abilities?"

Best I can tell: "young and non-white" folks are just as biased, short-sighted, and, perhaps, stupid as old white folks. And: "young and non-white" folks have the added negatives of bein' very noisy and very idealistic (loony).

Go have a conversation with one and see for yourself.
The gist of polling.

Positive Spin - Higher Obamacare Premiums
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anNWYPfK2oU
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Nope, I just understand the question of philosophy probably better than anyone here. I try to never say what is necessarily true, just point out when one professes to know the truth when it can't necessarily be determined with 100% certainty. You know, when it's simply tied to ones personal wants/desires, a matter of their self serving agenda. You're antinatalism for instance. Look, I'm sorry that your life was somehow less that perfect. You may be as I am, one that certainly knows pain. Sure life is a tumble of the dice. But I surely try and speak for everyone's equal benefit, not their never having a chance to benefit anything whatsoever.

What has soured your milk so terribly that you can't see it as either delicious buttermilk, yogurt or kefir?
Again, you fail to comprehend that nothing is not missing, nor needs, life and any 'benefits' that may or may not occur by existing. I'm not asking you to agree with me, as it's unpalatable to you. What I'm asking is, that you acknowledge that nothing, of or for itself, requires being concieved.
If nothing else you enjoy bitching about the fact that you're here to bitch about it, so I really don't know what you're bitching about. ;-)
I'd rather not be here to bitch about anything. I wouldn't miss the joy of bitching.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:I didn't say no sense I said its a nonsense term in the sense of a rubbish one when there is a perfectly good one available.
Now, how did I know you'd nitpick that as well... :roll:
I think it's more volunteer work than a satisfactory job.
SpheresOfBalance

Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: Again, you fail to comprehend that nothing is not missing, nor needs, life and any 'benefits' that may or may not occur by existing. I'm not asking you to agree with me, as it's unpalatable to you. What I'm asking is, that you acknowledge that nothing, of or for itself, requires being concieved.
I'd rather not be here to bitch about anything. I wouldn't miss the joy of bitching.
So while I don't recommend it, it would seem your resolve should be clear, after all you have that power, yet you'd rather bitch it would seem. And it's obviously for good reason! It's better to observe and learn of the animal than to initiate the sleep of no dreaming, even though it could be painless, as you might understand something one day that makes it all worth your wile.

As we can never necessarily know, what the future may hold.
SpheresOfBalance

Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: Now, how did I know you'd nitpick that as well... :roll:
I think it's more volunteer work than a satisfactory job.
While I sometimes don't see eye to eye with Kim either, I don't see eye to eye with anyone on everything anyway. And I would venture to say that it's the same for everyone. I believe that all people's words matter, that all people can cause one to think, whether like or dislike them, it really doesn't matter. Refining ones ideas is a life long course, lest one feigns being a fool, or otherwise. We can only speak for ourselves on any particular matter, so what we get from another can only be calculated by each one of us, for a plethora of reasons, that in and of itself does not necessarily speak of any universal truth, such that ones worth, as reported by any particular individual, is moot!

I believe that often another's words contain that which they don't want to hear, largely an issue of denial; those swirling vortexes of internal conflict giving us headaches, such that many are only comfortable with their self serving delusions. Unfortunately, this is indeed a very large part of the current human condition.
osgart

Post by osgart »

the fate of the world hangs on these employees making the right decisions. Nukes and wars. Borders and commerce and foreign relations and civil rights. Other than these things government is pretty routine. Transportation, social security environmemtal law, business law mail, and criminal law.
So this employee is the most powerful person on earth. They got to be visionaries and leaders and strong enough to keep the peace and civil order because no one agrees on the things they are involved with and every decision is a hot topic even the routine ones.
Its too bad we have the personalities we do running for office. They are easily corruptible. But these are the highest pressure jobs on earth with the most at stake.