the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

Post by Dalek Prime »

Arising_uk wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:...Yes, definitely heterocurious, ...
So bi-sexual, not this nonsense 'heterocurious'.
How does the term make no sense? You understood it well enough.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:you're one of my favorites here. :)
How sweet... thank you! It is thrilling to be appreciated/enjoyed when one is letting loose genuinely and not holding back. :D (As doing that clearly bothers some people.)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dalek Prime wrote:How does the term make no sense? You understood it well enough.
I didn't say no sense I said its a nonsense term in the sense of a rubbish one when there is a perfectly good one available.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:My point is, they don't need to be exposed to an 18+ magazine as infants. Society agrees with me, as does the law. I'm done with your excuses.
Well there goes another fool apparently not knowing how to judge with certainty what is/is not/'can't be determined as' truth. So why are you in a philosophy forum then? A philosophical newbie then huh? That's acceptable! ;-)

Oh yeah. You are the gatekeeper of what is true. :roll:
Nope, I just understand the question of philosophy probably better than anyone here. I try to never say what is necessarily true, just point out when one professes to know the truth when it can't necessarily be determined with 100% certainty. You know, when it's simply tied to ones personal wants/desires, a matter of their self serving agenda. You're antinatalism for instance. Look, I'm sorry that your life was somehow less that perfect. You may be as I am, one that certainly knows pain. Sure life is a tumble of the dice. But I surely try and speak for everyone's equal benefit, not their never having a chance to benefit anything whatsoever.

What has soured your milk so terribly that you can't see it as either delicious buttermilk, yogurt or kefir?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Arising_uk wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:How does the term make no sense? You understood it well enough.
I didn't say no sense I said its a nonsense term in the sense of a rubbish one when there is a perfectly good one available.
Now, how did I know you'd nitpick that as well... :roll:
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Well there goes another fool apparently not knowing how to judge with certainty what is/is not/'can't be determined as' truth. So why are you in a philosophy forum then? A philosophical newbie then huh? That's acceptable! ;-)

Oh yeah. You are the gatekeeper of what is true. :roll:
Nope, I just understand the question of philosophy probably better than anyone here. I try to never say what is necessarily true, just point out when one professes to know the truth when it can't necessarily be determined with 100% certainty. You know, when it's simply tied to ones personal wants/desires, a matter of their self serving agenda. You're antinatalism for instance. Look, I'm sorry that your life was somehow less that perfect. You may be as I am, one that certainly knows pain. Sure life is a tumble of the dice. But I surely try and speak for everyone's equal benefit, not their never having a chance to benefit anything whatsoever.

What has soured your milk so terribly that you can't see it as either delicious buttermilk, yogurt or kefir?
Again, you fail to comprehend that nothing is not missing, nor needs, life and any 'benefits' that may or may not occur by existing. I'm not asking you to agree with me, as it's unpalatable to you. What I'm asking is, that you acknowledge that nothing, of or for itself, requires being concieved.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:you're one of my favorites here. :)
How sweet... thank you! It is thrilling to be appreciated/enjoyed when one is letting loose genuinely and not holding back. :D (As doing that clearly bothers some people.)
Feel free to let loose anytime. I know you're a reasonable person, all in all. (Youre welcome, btw. :))
osgart

Post by osgart »

We need term limits in congress. We need much smaller federal government. We need more political parties. Right now government is investing and making business decisions and trade deals; what could be worse. Decentralized government is the only hope for america. Hands off the economy feds. Let the states solve their own energy and economic and welfare concerns. Federal government is meant for very few things such as national defense and environmental protection and immigration and when states cant solve their differences. No more then that. The constitution used to protect us from tyranny. Supreme court justices should have term limits too. There is too much able power at the top. Its got to stop!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

For starters, old white guys should not be allowed to make rules and policy for the future that is unfolding because they don't understand it and they're just infecting the future with their ignorance.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Lacewing wrote:For starters, old white guys should not be allowed to make rules and policy for the future that is unfolding because they don't understand it and they're just infecting the future with their ignorance.
Good job Lacy, as an older white guy, I couldn't agree more. Isn't it weird that we see eye to eye sometimes, don't you just hate it? ;-)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Lacewing wrote:For starters, old white guys should not be allowed to make rules and policy for the future that is unfolding because they don't understand it and they're just infecting the future with their ignorance.
Sorry but what gave the young and non-white special soothsaying abilities?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Arising_uk wrote:
Sorry but what gave the young and non-white special soothsaying abilities?
Old white guys aren't in the right frame of mind to steer the future for the coming generations because they are intoxicated with their old white guy mentality built on the past, and their influence needs to have limits. They had their chance to steer the world... now they need to allow others that same chance. There are too many old white guys in government controlling everything based on their archaic, rigid notions. They need to get out of the way of broader visions and understandings and growth.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:Isn't it weird that we see eye to eye sometimes, don't you just hate it? ;-)
Shocking. 8)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"what gave the young and non-white special soothsaying abilities?"

Best I can tell: "young and non-white" folks are just as biased, short-sighted, and, perhaps, stupid as old white folks. And: "young and non-white" folks have the added negatives of bein' very noisy and very idealistic (loony).

Go have a conversation with one and see for yourself.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"... old white guys should not be allowed to make rules and policy for the future..."

No worries...one day you'll wake up to discover all the old white guys are dead and have been replaced by young(er) and (sometimes) non-whites and you'll find things just a fucked up as they are today (though, perhaps, for different reasons).

Be patient.