I'm not at all sure this has been handled properly.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: I'm not at all sure this has been handled properly.

Post by bobevenson »

You said globalization is Americanization, and nothing but good can come from it. Thank you for giving America the credit it deserves!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:They'll probably have another referendum and overturn it anyway. A storm in a teacup. It's a shame, because modern political correctness and globalization (Americanization) have made the world a terribly bland place.
Not a chance.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dubious wrote:... Not the EU that would accept another referendum by the Brits to now rejoin as acknowledgement of a colossal error (if it turns out that way). ...
Of course they would not least because we haven't left yet.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Harbal wrote: Jeremy Corbyn could well be wondering: "what the fuck did I do wrong, how is it my fault?" As for the rest of us, the ordinary people, I suspect when the dust has settled, a good many of us will be thinking: is this the position we actually wanted to be in?
The irony seems to have escaped the media. The fact is that Jeremy was always a Euro-skeptic, and so like a good leader whose party was for REMAIN, delegated the job of running Labour's referendum campaign to Hilary Benn; oddly the very same man who was first to resign the shadow cabinet blaming JC for failing on the campaign!!

The fact is that JC seems to be blamed for anything the media think of.

Despite the vitriol, this last year's opposition has been the most effective that I have ever witnessed; Taken back London and Bristol from the Tories, increased its majority in by-elections, and won every by-election and mayoral contest it stood in - Defeated the Tories on tax credits cuts, parts of disability benefit cuts, human rights cases and dozens of other policies.

Before JC the Labour Party was voting WITH the government, or abstaining on core areas of Labour values.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:... Before JC the Labour Party was voting WITH the government, or abstaining on core areas of Labour values.
Well we'll see how it goes with the voters at the next GE as the Trots are back with their dreams of a workers utopia and the last time they brought us Maggie.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:... Before JC the Labour Party was voting WITH the government, or abstaining on core areas of Labour values.
Well we'll see how it goes with the voters at the next GE as the Trots are back with their dreams of a workers utopia and the last time they brought us Maggie.
Do you even know a single policy suggested by JC?
Have you even bothered to get off your fat arse and examine what he has in mind?
Are you so full of yourself that you have not noticed what the fuck is going on in this cuntry.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Do you even know a single policy suggested by JC?
I know his principles but there are no polices as yet.
Have you even bothered to get off your fat arse and examine what he has in mind?
He was my mp for years so yes.
Are you so full of yourself that you have not noticed what the fuck is going on in this cuntry.
More than you probably as I've been working alongside the prole and living amongst the lumpen for quite a while now

I was around when the trots last came out to play and some of Corbyn's principles will bring back the bad old days and will return us to the days of the unions bringing down labour governments and splitting the labour party once again. You talk about an effective opposition but that's all they'll ever be if they keep heading backwards to some mythical dream of the past.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Do you even know a single policy suggested by JC?
I know his principles but there are no polices as yet.

You are as ignorant as I thought.

He was my mp for years so yes.

So yes you have not bothered.

More than you probably as I've been working alongside the prole and living amongst the lumpen for quite a while now

I was around when the trots last came out to play and some of Corbyn's principles will bring back the bad old days and will return us to the days of the unions bringing down labour governments and splitting the labour party once again. You talk about an effective opposition but that's all they'll ever be if they keep heading backwards to some mythical dream of the past.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You are as ignorant as I thought.
Name some Labour Party policies then?

So yes you have not bothered.
Name some Labour Party policies then?