Britain has voted to leave the EU

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Britain has exited from the EU

I'm from the UK and think it is a good idea.
No votes
I'm from the UK and think it is a bad idea.
8%
I'm from the UK and am either unsure or indifferent to this issue.
No votes
I'm NOT from the UK and think it s a good idea.
42%
I'm NOT from the UK and think it is a bad idea.
25%
I'm NOT from the UK and am either unsure or indifferent to this issue.
25%

Total votes: 12

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Britain has voted to leave the EU

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:You don't count bombings and beheadings then? 'Honour killings'? Rapes? Fatwas? Suicide bombers? Cartoonist murders? Which bubble are you living in?
Still got more chance of being run over by a bus. You think we should have condemned all the Irish then? As for 30 odd years of my life we had terrorism over here.
I'm not saying you should condemn them, I'm saying GB and the US should take all of them. I mean, they are such wonderful citizens, so I'm sure you wouldn't mind. Wouldn't you be bitter and angry if someone came along and destroyed your country? ME countries are ancient. The cradle of civilization.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Gary Childress wrote: I guess it depends upon what country one is from as to what is PC and what is not. If one were from Russia, then it would maybe be PC to dis Muslims but not to dis "ex-soviets". Here in the US, where I am from, we have our share of issues with bigotry and nationalism as much as many other countries and peoples do. However, as far as I am concerned it's sort of a morally depraved person who throws rocks at other people because of the country those other people are from and then hides behind anonymity as to what country they themselves are from.

BTW: Any chance you are part of this gang, VT? I mean, if you are from Russia, that is cool. Maybe we can exchange ideas and learn to respect one another's countries. We are all human beings and have our human cares and concerns. All of us are thrown into this world not of our own design and we don't choose what country we are from.
It's not 'secret', just none of your damn business. Not everyone likes to spill their guts publicly the way yanks do. Did you really think we needed to know your life story and mental problems? And you were the one saying how you 'love our troops'. You are too stupid to converse with. You don't mind them going off to murder muslims and destroy their countries, yet you come over all PC and self-righteous when someone criticises them.
I do mind being involved in unjust wars. I thought I had made that clear on more than one occasion here. If not, must I disclose everything about myself or are stereotypes enough for you in dealing with other people.
You said you 'love our troops', and that kind of comment doesn't normally go hand-in-hand with anti-war sentiments. I don't particularly want to know anything about you, but if you want to spill your guts you are free to do that, just don't expect others to and then make snide comments about them being 'secretive' when they don't.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

As far as me disclosing things about myself here, I believe that one reason the Internet is so rowdy is that sometimes, some people will hide behind anonymity so that they can engage in just really bad behavior. I do it myself sometimes but I find that by using my real name and disclosing things about myself, others tends to keep me straight on issues and it adds to my accountability. I use my real name on pretty much all forums I belong. So if I do something stupid I am tarnishing my own name. It sometimes prevents me from doing stupid things. If you think I'm "stupid to converse with" now, just think how much worse I would be if I didn't invest some degree of ownership over my presence on the Internet.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote:As far as me disclosing things about myself here, I believe that one reason the Internet is so rowdy is that sometimes, some people will hide behind anonymity so that they can engage in just really bad behavior. I do it myself sometimes but I find that by using my real name and disclosing things about myself, others tends to keep me straight on issues and it adds to my accountability. I use my real name on pretty much all forums I belong. So if I do something stupid I am tarnishing my own name. It sometimes prevents me from doing stupid things. If you think I'm "stupid to converse with" now, just think how much worse I would be if I didn't invest some degree of ownership over my presence on the Internet.
If you don't want others to point out the idiocy of your arguments then perhaps you shouldn't post. As for giving your real name, that's your choice, but it doesn't make you any better than those who choose not to.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Gary Childress wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: It's not 'secret', just none of your damn business. Not everyone likes to spill their guts publicly the way yanks do. Did you really think we needed to know your life story and mental problems? And you were the one saying how you 'love our troops'. You are too stupid to converse with. You don't mind them going off to murder muslims and destroy their countries, yet you come over all PC and self-righteous when someone criticises them.
I do mind being involved in unjust wars. I thought I had made that clear on more than one occasion here. If not, must I disclose everything about myself or are stereotypes enough for you in dealing with other people.
You said you 'love our troops', and that kind of comment doesn't normally go hand-in-hand with anti-war sentiments.
What am I supposed to do, not care about them? "Oh well, they're just a bunch of schmucks. Hopefully ISIS will kill them all?" Is that how I'm supposed to think? If I don't even care about those directly around me, why should I even care whether Muslims thousand of miles away are being killed. I've often heard that care should start with the self and expand to include everyone.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Gary Childress wrote:As far as me disclosing things about myself here, I believe that one reason the Internet is so rowdy is that sometimes, some people will hide behind anonymity so that they can engage in just really bad behavior. I do it myself sometimes but I find that by using my real name and disclosing things about myself, others tends to keep me straight on issues and it adds to my accountability. I use my real name on pretty much all forums I belong. So if I do something stupid I am tarnishing my own name. It sometimes prevents me from doing stupid things. If you think I'm "stupid to converse with" now, just think how much worse I would be if I didn't invest some degree of ownership over my presence on the Internet.
If you don't want others to point out the idiocy of your arguments then perhaps you shouldn't post. As for giving your real name, that's your choice, but it doesn't make you any better than those who choose not to.
Straw man argument.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: "Oh well, they're just a bunch of schmucks. Hopefully ISIS will kill them all?"
I agree.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Gary Childress wrote: "Oh well, they're just a bunch of schmucks. Hopefully ISIS will kill them all?"
I agree.
Well I commend you for your moral superiority. Wish I could be up there with you. But I will not go that route.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote:
I agree.
Well I commend you for your moral superiority. Wish I could be up there with you. But I will not go that route.
You could have fooled me.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Gary Childress wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: I agree.
You could have fooled me.
Fooled you on what? Would you expand a little on what you mean?
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: That's rather naive, and extremely bad for the planet. People do 'roam where they please' (as the massive influx recently into Europe shows), but those countries don't have the resources to cope with it. You live in a house don't you? You think of it as your home, presumably, and feel some pride and affection for it? Perhaps some people down the street don't have a very nice house. They haven't looked after it. They've had far too many children for the size of the house and haven't bothered to keep it clean and maintained. I assume you have an open-door policy regarding your house, and it's open to everyone who wants to live there. How long do you think it would remain habitable?
No...it's not naive. People are people...all cultures have what you speak about. I am not the mentality to sayou or imply that 'only this culture is 'good' and that culture is 'bad' . I will leAve that mentality to Trump type minds.

There will be a 'united world' in the future. It's the only practical way for mankind to survive. Your population will explode eventually immigrant or not...think about it for a second at least. Is it rational to believe a country as small as great Britain can house that many people?

Come on....we will need a world full of space...someday.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... but it doesn't make you any better than those who choose not to.
That's not quite true, so whilst I've argued that there are some valid reasons for not giving ones name giving it does at least mean one has to stand by ones words and GC has a point about bad behaviour, anonymity and the web.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... but it doesn't make you any better than those who choose not to.
That's not quite true, so whilst I've argued that there are some valid reasons for not giving ones name giving it does at least mean one has to stand by ones words and GC has a point about bad behaviour, anonymity and the web.
In a world where there is very little privacy left, some people want to hang onto whatever they have. The ‘Web’ can be a very ugly place. As for ‘bad behaviour’, that’s pretty subjective, and people tend to regard ‘bad behaviour’ as anyone who disagrees with them or has an opinion they don’t like. I find the people on here to be pretty restrained. I don’t know if you ever look at Youtube comments, but that’s where you will find the biggest trolls there who hide behind anonymity. I don’t know if Gary is brave or foolhardy.
vegetariantaxidermy

artisticsolution wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: That's rather naive, and extremely bad for the planet. People do 'roam where they please' (as the massive influx recently into Europe shows), but those countries don't have the resources to cope with it. You live in a house don't you? You think of it as your home, presumably, and feel some pride and affection for it? Perhaps some people down the street don't have a very nice house. They haven't looked after it. They've had far too many children for the size of the house and haven't bothered to keep it clean and maintained. I assume you have an open-door policy regarding your house, and it's open to everyone who wants to live there. How long do you think it would remain habitable?
No...it's not naive. People are people...all cultures have what you speak about. I am not the mentality to sayou or imply that 'only this culture is 'good' and that culture is 'bad' . I will leAve that mentality to Trump type minds.

There will be a 'united world' in the future. It's the only practical way for mankind to survive. Your population will explode eventually immigrant or not...think about it for a second at least. Is it rational to believe a country as small as great Britain can house that many people?

Come on....we will need a world full of space...someday.
We have plenty of homeless people here as it is. People need to start making their own countries more appealing instead of parasiting of others’. You speak of a hypothetical future as if it’s a foregone conclusion. Most people are concerned about their children and grandchildren rather than some ‘mono-cultural’ future of identical people and mind-sets that will probably never happen. Humans could be extinct in another few years as well. Who knows? You can’t live your life based on a hypothetical fantasy. We can only do the best we can with the here and now. Humans are a territorial animal. That’s not going to change any time soon. No one wants their country taken over by a completely alien culture and mind-set. I suppose you think the Afghans should just sit back and let itself be taken over.
Great Britain isn’t one country, btw, and I don’t know why you mention it specifically.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Humans are territorial but also adventurous. But to think in this day and age that they are vastly different from one another is wrong. Most take care of and want a better life for their children. That will not change. It is naive to think one culture is full of criminals and one culture is,full of good people.

It is our right as humans to roam this planet as free individuals. To think it's not is just a load of crap that we've been brainwashed to believe. ..sort of like being raised to believe in Christ.

There is absolutely no rational reason to be confined to one place. It's just that we've all been herded into one mindset by authority figures that tell us thatswhat's best for us. It's actually a load of crock...and when it no longer serves thier purpose financially, they will brainwash us to understand a new reality. That's what they do...wake up sweetie.