U.S. Government-sanctioned Slavery

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: U.S. Government-sanctioned Slavery

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Can't you just write it all in one piece?
Depends upon what I'm reading.
The yank invasion of Iraq enabled the rise of ISIS and you know it. ...
I also know the Soviet invasion created the mujaheddin and al-queda. So you're bothered about ISIS are you, what do you think should be done then?
Outcomes are sometimes so obvious that they don't warrant the word 'prediction'. ...
True but that is because they aren't willing to be true imperialists and stay for a 50-100 odd years.
Hussein hated radical islam. He kept it well under wraps. ...
Well he kept the Shia's and Kurds under wraps I'll give you that and he was a pan-arabic nationalist. But let me check, you're happy with the low estimate of 250,000 being killed to keep the radicals down?
People come up with endless excuses for war. It's always 'the other side' in the wrong. I have no time for warmongers. ...
For me it depends what the war is about. So you'll be leaving ISIS alone then?
The US was warned it was opening Pandora's box.
No argument there.
You only think the US is 'benign' because of brain-washing and racism. I doubt if the people of My Lai found Americans very 'benign'. ...
No less than others found the Khmer Rouge, Stalin, Mao, etc, etc. What I wonder is what you would do about things?
Iran had a democratically-elected leader but we all know what happened to him and the puppet who replaced him. Fuck the US and its meddling, and the same goes for GB, its little bitch.
Hold on!? You're happy with Saddam but unhappy with the Shah?
Btw, the Kurdish massacre occurred more than a decade before the Iraq invasion. ...
I was talking about now, where the Kurds are now trying to be an independent nation.
That was never given as a reason anyway, just some bullshit lies about WMDs. Iraq was the easiest target for venting yank rage at its buildings being blown up, and a convenient opportunity to stamp its footprint in the ME, create more mischief, and use some of the toys it spends an obscene amount of money on (keeping the arms industry happy). America's committed more than its fair share of massacres, keeping in mind that it's 'the goody' and everything in the world that is moral and good. :lol:
Never said that and Iraq wasn't about 11/9 but about Bush wanting to finish the job that his dad started over Kuwait, 11/9 just gave an excuse.
ps The 'war on tourism' has worked REALLY well (or perhaps that was the idea in the first place).
Americas problem is that it acts imperialistic but doesn't want to stay the course.

Still not hearing how you think the world will go if America retreats to its pre-WWII stance?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Gary Childress wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Greta wrote:An established modest minimum wage, subsidised in part by more honest accounting of multinationals' and billionaires' taxes, could help heal some of the divisions of US society.
Free-market capitalism is the only way to provide a higher standard of living for everyone, rich and poor.
Can you cite an example of a society which has now or has had in the past a perfectly "free market" without any government intervention of any kind in which there is or was a standard of living higher than what is now present in many developed countries?
Yes Gary, Bob is speaking ideology, not reality. There are no examples. ATM there is one government-free country in the world - Somalia.

The US has been so dominant and self sufficient for so long that they have fallen into the hubris that affects all great empires. In lieu of serious competition from other nations they look inwards, and the infighting makes them weak and vulnerable. The US economy was single-handedly destroyed by the Bush administration in just eight years. Now vulnerable, they are being overtaken by China. That's even worse news for "wage slaves".
Greta

Post by Greta »

Gary Childress wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Greta wrote:An established modest minimum wage, subsidised in part by more honest accounting of multinationals' and billionaires' taxes, could help heal some of the divisions of US society.
Free-market capitalism is the only way to provide a higher standard of living for everyone, rich and poor.
Can you cite an example of a society which has now or has had in the past a perfectly "free market" without any government intervention of any kind in which there is or was a standard of living higher than what is now present in many developed countries?
Bob, please don't use large bold type all the time. It makes you look pushy and selfish.

Gary is right. You are making claims without any evidence.

Meanwhile, as we follow the ideological distractions, something that looks very much like slavery continues to be quietly introduced by the private sector - unannounced and unchallenged by private sector news outlets.

Large type posts are irritating, aren't they? :lol:
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Greta said:

"Large type posts are irritating, aren't they? "

What that fool doesn't understand is that they distract from his messages, provided he has any messages to relate.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

[quote="Arising_uk"]
What do you mean 'what would I do'? I'd leave them the fuck alone. And the difference between Mao, Stalin etc. is they were totalitarian dictatorships. It's the US that puts itself on a moral pedestal and has set itself up as the policeman of the planet. The taliban wanted to destroy the poppy industry. The yanks were having none of that. Are you suggesting the US invaded Afghanistan just to get a handful of renegades? It must be even stupider than it appears then, and you must be even more gullible.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/drug-war-a ... on/5358053
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Gary Childress wrote: Not everyone in the US thinks or believes the same way. Believe it or not, there are many even among conservatives who disapprove of what was done in Iraq. The Republican Ron Paul spoke out against it back in 2002. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TZ5cpaPlf4
And those people are derided as 'liberal scum' in your illiterate country. There was barely a wimper, and ya'll just LOVE your troops (professional murderers and thugs). Who dares to criticise them over there? Practically no one I bet, unless they have a death wish.
I don't know what you mean by we "all love our troops". Our "troops" are our sons and daughters or our brothers and sisters or fellow countrymen and women who are being told to go to war for all the wrong reasons by corrupt and cowardly politicians. Yes we love them and we don't want to see harm come to them, especially for unjust reasons. Some people fall under the spell of mindless war propagandists who say that if you are against the war then you are therefore against the troops. But not everyone.
Ted Bundy, Wayne Gacy, and William Calley were 'sons and brothers' too. Doesn't mean you have to love them. Do you never question what kind of a person actively pursues a 'career' in the military? That just maybe their motives might not be 'pure'? What the fuck are they 'defending' your country from anyway? Do you think there might be some individuals who simply enjoy killing? Love those who deserve it, not thugs who swagger around with automatic rifles and wrap-around sunglasses, bullying children and throwing puppies over cliffs. Ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXa9bj-jqA8
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greta wrote:Bob, please don't use large bold type all the time. It makes you look pushy and selfish. Gary is right. You are making claims without any evidence. Large type posts are irritating, aren't they? :lol:
First of all, Greta, you just used 200 point type to make your fallacious charge, while I consistently use only a modest 125 point type, so that obviously makes you one lying son-of-a-bitch, right? Secondly, regarding evidence, since I am Bob the Baptist, the new guru, the modern messiah, the wizard of Ouzo, and a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic, the only evidence I need are my prophetic credentials which I have presented earlier.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Love those who deserve it, not thugs who swagger around with automatic rifles and wrap-around sunglasses, bullying children and throwing puppies over cliffs. Ugh.
Fair enough. No argument here.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:
Greta wrote:Bob, please don't use large bold type all the time. It makes you look pushy and selfish. Gary is right. You are making claims without any evidence. Large type posts are irritating, aren't they? :lol:
First of all, Greta, you just used 200 point type to make your fallacious charge, while I consistently use only a modest 125 point type, so that obviously makes you one lying son-of-a-bitch, right? Secondly, regarding evidence, since I am Bob the Baptist, the new guru, the modern messiah, the wizard of Ouzo, and a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic, the only evidence I need are my prophetic credentials which I have presented earlier.
You mean that larger type makes you into a liar? :lol:

I bet you have received divine guidance from watching the Wizard of Oz. :lol:

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Do you never question what kind of a person actively pursues a 'career' in the military? That just maybe their motives might not be 'pure'? What the fuck are they 'defending' your country from anyway?
What kind of a fucking dream world do you live in, huh?
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Do you never question what kind of a person actively pursues a 'career' in the military? That just maybe their motives might not be 'pure'? What the fuck are they 'defending' your country from anyway?
I wouldn't expect you to recognize facetiousness, but other than that your 'point' makes no sense. You really do have a great deal of trouble making coherent points don't you? Making coherent points and answering questions. That doesn't leave much except to use huge, bold type. Says it all really.
psst.. Huge type can't turn a pig's ear into a silk purse.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
I wouldn't expect you to recognize facetiousness, but other than that your 'point' makes no sense. You really do have a great deal of trouble making coherent points don't you? Making coherent points and answering questions. That doesn't leave much except to use huge, bold type. Says it all really.
psst.. Huge type can't turn a pig's ear into a silk purse.
Everything I say is divinely inspired, sister, and I answer all questions of a spiritual, political or economic nature.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: Everything I say is divinely inspired, sister, and I answer all questions of a spiritual, political or economic nature.
You still haven't answered Arising's questions :lol:

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
bobevenson wrote: Everything I say is divinely inspired, sister, and I answer all questions of a spiritual, political or economic nature.

PhilX
They have to be questions with at least a low level of sensibility that, unfortunately, Arising doesn't come close to meeting.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:

PhilX
They have to be questions with at least a low level of sensibility that, unfortunately, Arising doesn't come close to meeting.
So is it the form of the question or the person asking it that matters more to you?

PhilX