Can you think of anything good about islam ?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

EchoesOfTheHorizon

Re: Can you think of anything good about islam ?

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

Actually, Christianity did see a expansion on ideas of concepts used today in physics and biology, including evolutionary theory as well as a theory of force, and even sent out a expedition to India to do scientific surveys, paralleled Darwin in many ways (but not in conclusions). Some remains cutting edge, still in full swing in experimental science.

If you want links, ask, but I'm guessing you won't click them, so why bother. I'm starting to notice most people on this site seem to know nothing of the history of philosophy. But that's most places.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:33 am If you want links, ask, but I'm guessing you won't click them, so why bother.
I don't want links, if you've got something to say, say it.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

I've said it, you just didn't read it. Cause you suck.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Don't have the balls to say it again, huh?
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Balls don't speak, they ejaculate.

Which incidentally seems to be the overall aim of your discussions.

I'm starting to understand your difficulty in terms of communicating on this forum, approach is all wrong. Dialogue, debate.... it is a two way street, you just don't blow your twisted spew all over everyone's face and call it a day. You give and take, and when you give an idea or questions be prepared to receive, it's that the dialectic thingy.

Go back up to the earlier posts in this thread, read what was said, what was linked, and make a solid effort in showing you digested what was said. You are not getting off the hook this time, you asked the question if we can think of anything good in Islam, and I answered yes. Try not to demolish the point of your own thread.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:35 pm Go back up to the earlier posts in this thread, what was linked... You asked the question if we can think of anything good in Islam, and I answered yes. Try not to demolish the point of your own thread.
a) I'm not interested in anybody's goddamn links; if you've got something to say, say it!
b) I didn't start this goddamn thread so stick it up your ass, and I don't mean the donkey you sleep with!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:31 pm
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:35 pm Go back up to the earlier posts in this thread, what was linked... You asked the question if we can think of anything good in Islam, and I answered yes. Try not to demolish the point of your own thread.
a) I'm not interested in anybody's goddamn links; if you've got something to say, say it!
b) I didn't start this goddamn thread so stick it up your ass, and I don't mean the donkey you sleep with!
And who do you sleep with Bob? :lol:

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

God.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:35 pmGod.
He must be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

And getting some good wine in the process.
Last edited by bobevenson on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:58 pm An getting some good wine in the process.
An??? And or am?

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Can you think of anything good to say about Islam? That's like asking if you can think of anything good to say about Philosophy Explorer. No way, José!
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:28 pm Can you think of anything good to say about Islam? That's like asking if you can think of anything good to say about Philosophy Explorer. No way, José!
You represent a bigger challenge in that department.

PhilX 🇺🇸
dorothea

Post by dorothea »

The guy in charge of a group of Arabs I was running a course for told my husband he should convert (easily done, utter the 'There is no God but ..' sentence and you're in). He gave the usual western male answer (why multiply troubles by four) but the Arab's wife didn't join the joke. She said in a steely voice: 'If he takes a second wife I will kill him and return to my father.' This has nothing to do with what y'all talking about. Maybe it was my Schopenhauer involuntary will.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

duszek wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:08 pm Only serious suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.
its not racist. anyone from any race can convert and be accepted as legit and equal moslem.