All Hail Free Market Capitalism!

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: *thumbs up*

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Please, no self-respecting guy would ever post the kind of crap you do.
LMFAO! So they'd post the self-delusional nonsense that you spout do they? Spare me your sad little Yank male world bob as its cramped and limited. There's still time, I guess, for you to grow-up, get a job and father a family.
So says the dyke who has a girl's name, but poses as a guy.
a Shark

Re: All Hail Free Market Capitalism!

Post by a Shark »

bobevenson wrote:For all of you people who don't understand anything about economics, let me present a simple example of what I'm talking about. If I decide to turn turn my car into a taxicab, and I negotiate with you to take you someplace for an agreed upon fee, the stinking government should not stick its stinking nose into our business, saying that I have to have a stinking license of some kind, or that I have to have some kind of stinking insurance or any other stinking commercial obstacles it can come up with to restrict free trade. Have I made myself sufficiently clear?
Problem Bob is that you dont understand Free Market Capitalism.
If we put in place what you suggest then a burger stall could be set up on your
front yard operating 24 /7 .
You would not be able to do anything about it.
Arising_uk

Re: *thumbs up*

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:So says the dyke who has a girl's name, but poses as a guy.
:lol: And does a better job at it than you I'd say.
a Shark

Post by a Shark »

I would support the view expressed by Bill Willtrack that the sub prime market was a condition of free market liberalization .
Clearly Bill Clinton made a big mistake repealing the Glass Steagall act.
He ruined the world .
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

a Shark wrote:
bobevenson wrote:For all of you people who don't understand anything about economics, let me present a simple example of what I'm talking about. If I decide to turn turn my car into a taxicab, and I negotiate with you to take you someplace for an agreed upon fee, the stinking government should not stick its stinking nose into our business, saying that I have to have a stinking license of some kind, or that I have to have some kind of stinking insurance or any other stinking commercial obstacles it can come up with to restrict free trade. Have I made myself sufficiently clear?
Problem Bob is that you dont understand Free Market Capitalism.
If we put in place what you suggest then a burger stall could be set up on your
front yard operating 24 /7 .
You would not be able to do anything about it.
You seem to believe that free-market capitalism means doing whatever you want regardless of how it directly affects other people. That position is 180 degrees from the truth. The government shouild not interfere in business transactions between two parties that are not directly interfering with other people.
a Shark

Post by a Shark »

The government should not interfere in business transactions between two parties that are not directly interfering with other people.
How to you settle what is "interfering" . If someone claims your business is interfering with them and you say it is not then who should be the arbiter of that situation ?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

a Shark wrote:
The government should not interfere in business transactions between two parties that are not directly interfering with other people.
How to you settle what is "interfering" . If someone claims your business is interfering with them and you say it is not then who should be the arbiter of that situation ?
That's what the legal system is designed to do, my friend.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Why would it be a race to the bottom? Pay is based on how much it would cost to replace a worker, as well as the average productivity across the national work force as a whole. As capitalism expands, demand for workers can increase, and that drives up wages. A capitalist can only get away with paying workers crap if those same workers have no other decent job prospects. If that is the case, then the capitalist would still be providing the workers a better option than their alternatives, which is why countries that have children in so-called sweat shops don't stay that way forever and as wealth increases opportunities expand.

Profits are not a bad thing --- in order to earn a profit resources must be used efficiently, and that's a good thing.

I'm not stating capitalism is perfect, but these types of blanket indictments against free-markets are misleading.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

What did you do for a living?

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Ya, know, forget that. I don't want to know what you did for a living.

Straight-up. Simple. The world has expanded into one unique marketplace for manufacturing & an ever expanding list of other professions.

THE LOWEST bid gets the job. Period. If workers will work for just food in China or North Vietnam - THAT'S WHERE AN ITEM WILL BE MANUFACTURED.

Grow-up. Educate yourself.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 am Ya, know, forget that. I don't want to know what you did for a living.

Straight-up. Simple. The world has expanded into one unique marketplace for manufacturing & an ever expanding list of other professions.

THE LOWEST bid gets the job. Period. If workers will work for just food in China or North Vietnam - THAT'S WHERE AN ITEM WILL BE MANUFACTURED. ...
Actually not true as it depends upon what item is to be manufactured and even then it depends upon what market you are selling into.
Grow-up. Educate yourself.
How rude and especially pompous since you are a union man who advocates closed markets so already defying what you say. You must love Trump.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Telling me to grow up and educate myself? I am confident that I know much more about the topic of economics than you do, including economic theory, econometric modeling, including the use of complexity in deriving models, as well as behavioral economics and evolutionary economics as well as economic history.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The lowest price does not always win out, and a common example for this is the use of advertising to create branding.

If you look at the history of capitalism, you will see that on average, it has raised the standard of living of workers.

I'll leave you to your own little ignorant bubble then. Just know, however, that people who have spent years studying economics are not likely to agree with you on your overly simplistic presentations.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You don't need years of economic study to understand that the lowest bid wins.

There is no such thing as nobility, an economic or moral high road, when it comes to the practice of capitalism.

Capitalism works. There is no other game in town & ALL of us are guilty of being hypocrites, and soulless.

Capitalism is who we are. We think we can buy our way out of hell when in fact we are buying our way into it. And there is no way out.

All Hail Free Market Capitalism!

And as far as Trump goes- I am Trump. We are Trump. All of us are Trump.

Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Your knowledge of economics is less than that of an average third-grader. For one thing, you don't even know what capitalism is. Capitalism is not a system of free-markets. It is a system of free-markets along with a set of laws, regulations, government institutions, etc., that give it a structure. There are no such things as free-markets operating independently of government. This is why capitalism can take a wide-variety of forms and is consistent with a so-called mixed economy, like we see in the USA as well as in the Nordic states.

Capitalism has always been based on moral limits to markets. You don't even have a proper understanding of what capitalism even is.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Yeah, I mean if you would have read earlier posts within this thread you would have noticed that I do understand that there is no such thing as completely pure or raw capitalism - nor should there be. I have written in refrence to this many times over the past number of years upon this forum. So I completely agree with you, Capitalism is not a system of free-markets. It is a system of free-markets along with a set of laws, regulations, government institutions, etc., that give it a structure. There are no such things as free-markets operating independently of government. This is why capitalism can take a wide-variety of forms and is consistent with a so-called mixed economy, like we see in the USA as well as in the Nordic states.

*However I completely disagree with you when it comes to human conception of morality and the morality that is in conjunction with successful capitalistic outcomes. In reference to this I wish to, in part, completely re-emphasize my original post upon this thread -

Why should these workers have representation or a paycheck?

Don't these workers know that wages NEED to be cut to NOTHING in order to increase profits?

There is a world-wide race to the bottom.
And ALL of us are in it. I'm praying for a finish line but I know the inhumanity that we are capable of towards each other has no bounds.

ALL HAIL the GOD - PROFIT.

ALL HAIL the religion of FREE MARKET CAPITALISM.

**Used to be there was only one prophet - God. .............................Now there is only one god - Profit.