Hydrogen

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: Hydrogen

Post by uwot »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:EACH ONE OF OUR POSTS is sprung from a need to feel superior-even if for just a minute or two...no matter how it's accomplished, upon a web site located in the tenuous ethereal.
Has it ever occurred to you that other people might have different reasons?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

................................................................................Image

...or they are fooling themselves in thinking there are many reasons to post when there is only one? Maybe? Possibly?

uwot

Post by uwot »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...or they are fooling themselves in thinking there are many reasons to post when there is only one? Maybe? Possibly?
Is that why you post?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

............................................................................................Image

Yeah..um, I'm going to stick with this one for now -

EACH ONE OF OUR POSTS is sprung from a need to feel superior-even if for just a minute or two...no matter how it's accomplished, upon a web site located in the tenuous ethereal.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Ergo, you post to feel superior to others.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.............................................................................Image

WE ALL post to feel superior to others.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:http://i.imgur.com/m6yfLDi.gif
Hear that banging? Its your closet door. Amazing what your choice of pictures says about your unconscious. Must start posting them on a freudian psychology site. They'll have a field day.
WE ALL post to feel superior to others.
You'd know this how?
Last edited by Arising_uk on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

......................................................................................................

Each one of these representations we call words are just one of our egos climbing to the top of our consciousness.

You know that right?

You're able to understand that?

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Each one of these representations we call words are just one of our egos climbing to the top of our consciousness.
And each picture comes with a message from ones unconscious. You get that yes?
You know that right?

You're able to understand that?
I understand that until you explain the difference between an 'ego' and ones consciousness you'll just be waffling. As words are the expressions of ones thoughts. The mistake is to think that thought is only the voice in ones head.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Bill, surely there is nothing to like or dislike here. "How does one get a goose out of a bottle?"

ginkgo
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Consciousness defies a specific denotative definition.

I could give you an example of ego: Your technique of asking and asking and asking fellow members questions not to receive a useful specific answer but to use whatever answers you are give as material for you to attack. Most members are consciously able to see your sophomoric, one-trick pony style as not only a reflection of you state of being but as your ego-defined prison that encases you.

I mentioned before, if you are willing, I will help you escape. You will need courage. Courage that, honestly, I don't see right now. You will need to overcome the fear that defines you here at the Philosophy Now Forums.

If you are not ready do not accept my proposal.

I will tell you that you have nothing to lose.

* I see the most recent post by another member has just been submitted immediately prior to this. So fitting. Thank you for reconfirming the perception that all of us see. I agree. GREAT metaphor. And you are right. The goose will not and is not able to get out of the bottle.

...................................................................................................................................................

* Edited once for spelling
* 2nd time! - FTFY

Last edited by Bill Wiltrack on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Consciousness defies a specific denotative definition.

I could give you an example of ego: You technique of asking and asking and asking fellow members questions not to receive a useful specific answer but to use whatever answers you are give as material for you to attack. Most members are consciously able to see your sophomoric, one-trick pony style as not only a reflection of you state of being but as your ego-defined prison that encases you.

I mentioned before, if you are willing, I will help you escape. You will need courage. Courage that, honestly, I don't see right now. You will need to overcome the fear that defines you here at the Philosophy Now Forums.

I will tell you that you have nothing to loose.

* I see the most recent post by another member has just been submitted immediately prior to this. So fitting. Thank you for reconfirming the perception that all of us see. I agree. GREAT metaphor. And you are right. The goose will not and is not able to get out of the bottle.

...................................................................................................................................................

Bill, this is not an attack. It is an acknowledgement of your efforts. I want to see us BOTH grow.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Bill, my "one-trick pony style" is an attempt top get people to think about the position they take. I use it to try and advance their knowledge as well as mine. If they don't choose to respond then than that is the prison of their making. If you read some of my posts then you will see that "fear" doesn't keep me here. What keeps me here is discussing issues that have advanced my knowledge.

Bill, have you ever though why I am not attacking your ideas? Do you think this would be the sole intention of a one-trick pony? Have I ever attacked anyone with anything other than argument?

If you don't accept my proposal then we are both doomed to trying to break geese out of bottles.

Ginkgo
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I think there was a small misunderstanding.

In my post, the one with the happy Buddha, only the part beginning with the * was directed in reference to you and your original short post.

The bulk of my large, happy Buddha post was directed towards another poster.

I appreciate your posts and your opinions.

I'm sorry if I caused any confusion with my sometimes odd sentence structure.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

And yet you talk about it all the time? :roll:
I could give you an example of ego: ...
You just have. :roll:
Your technique of asking and asking and asking fellow members questions not to receive a useful specific answer but to use whatever answers you are give as material for you to attack. ...
Its not 'attack' fragile boy, on the whole its to understand the others position as unlike you I don't think I know what others think, if I disagree with the answer I say so and why and then I listen to the reply, if the reply shows my position untenable then I say so and I've learnt something and will have to adjust my viewpoint, its called philosophy.
Most members are consciously able to see your sophomoric, one-trick pony style as not only a reflection of you state of being but as your ego-defined prison that encases you.
:roll: There you go again! 'Most members', you know this how? If you look at my actual posts you'll find the sophomore only appears when apt.
And as I've oft replied, save your psycho-babble for yourself as I need no help from a gnu with an agenda, especially one who thinks the intellect and words have no place in philosophy.
Don't hold your breath.
I will tell you that you have nothing to loose.
How many times! Its "lose" and you have no idea what I do or don't have.