Hydrogen

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Hydrogen

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas that, given long enough, begins to think about itself.

Bernard

Re: Hydrogen

Post by Bernard »

And PH (potential hydrogen) would be... existential hydrogen...?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Its a nice twist on the 'Man is second-generation stardust' idea and 'Man, the Universe looking at itself'.

But since we are on the philosophy of science forum I think some rigour is in order. So bearing in mind that we should stick to the detectable,

Protons and Neutrons - Invisible, unsubstantial particles that given time and gravity produce the elements that produce thinking things.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas that, given long enough, creates an entity that has the ability to be totally self-conscious.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

*Yawn*
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

If an incredible philosophical statement like the one I stated above invokes a yawn from you, perhaps this philosophical forum is not the right place for you right now.

What excites you besides philosophy?

I notice you have many posts here but for the past year or so you seem rather negative.

Have you been here too long?

Has something happened here that sours you towards this medium and it's relationship to modern philosophical thought?

What other forums are you on?

Perhaps you are let down that you don't use your legal name here-you don't really have any skin in the game.

You look back here and NOTHING can be attributed to you.

If you died today you would go knowing you never had the guts to attribute your personal thoughts to you yourself.

It must be an empty feeling.

Perhaps that is what is undermining your responses here at the Philosophy Now Forums.

Good luck to you.

I hope you find out your dis-ease.

Thank you for participating and opening-up, to the degree that you are able, here within my thread.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Care to say what's philosophical about it Bill?

Save your psycho-babble for yourself. As you truly need it given you don't know who you are, think you're are part of some thing called 'Bill Wiltracks brain' and never ever say what you actually think about the plagiarism you parrot.

Pretty much all your posts point to someone stuck in pessimistic teenage existential angst. Try reading some actual philosophy, it may help you.

Please stop appending meaningless platitudes.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

If an incredible philosophical statement like the one I stated above invokes a yawn from you, perhaps this philosophical forum is not the right place for you right now.

...........................................................Image

I notice you have many posts here but for the past year or so you seem rather negative.

Has something happened here that sours you towards this medium and it's relationship to modern philosophical thought?

Perhaps you are let down that you don't use your legal name here-you don't really have any skin in the game.

If you died today you would go knowing you never had the guts to attribute your personal thoughts to you yourself.

Perhaps that is what is undermining your responses here at the Philosophy Now Forums.

Good luck to you.

........................................Image

Thank you for participating and opening-up, to the degree that you are able, here within my thread.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You think this an original thought!? I was having these thoughts as a teen and they have been endlessly said by the hippies, gnus and 'new-agers', onwards.

You append many platitudes but your words show your nasty little mind so save your psycho-babble for yourself as its ineffectual upon me, but you might benefit from them as I've seen your mess around the web and wish you well thinking that when you die these will be others understanding of your thoughts. Mine, I'll let stand anon as I have not your need for recognition and approbation.

You might as well save the images as I've turned them off.

As usual you just re-parrot yourself, !squawk!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I do not mean for these open-ended questions to be too painful.

Good luck to you.

Fear & hate; Two sides; Same coin.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

!Squawk!Polly wants a cracker!Squawk!

Its no pain at all thanks. That you think so is instructive as to your psyche.

I've already pointed out to you your error about the coin. Unless you'd care to tell me what this coin is?

What open-ended questions? I see mainly assertions about me, designed I presume with some psycho-babble aim in mind or is that one of your brains? :roll:

A few other things excite me besides philosophy.

No, I think I haven't as I tend to take the long-view about things.

I'm not on any other philosophy forums apart from sometimes one that only allows answers to philosophical questions, if I think I can answer them. Oh! And two political ones.

See how easy it is to answer questions, try it some time.

Why do you think being upon other forums adds anything to ones thoughts?

What drives your self-promotion?

Why do you plagiarise others works and not create your own?
blackbox

Post by blackbox »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas that, given long enough, creates an entity that has the ability to be totally self-conscious.

Sam Harris is also mystified at how conciousness could emerge from non-conciousness. And yet, here we are.

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the- ... ousness-ii
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.........................................................................................Image

Everything is Hydrogen.

Hydrogen is the most elemental of the elements.

The simplest element.

The oldest element as far as we know.

By far the most abundant of all elements.

In fact, all that we see and know is just manifestations of the now complex crossroads of the many evolutions of Hydrogen.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Hydrogen is the most elemental of the elements.
:roll: But we live in a more modern world and the elements aren't so elemental anymore.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Correct.

Absolutely.