Cartoon worlds - possible by altering the molecular constants?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Cartoon worlds - possible by altering the molecular constants?

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Imagine the scientific multiverse is real, that there are other universes, but with somewhat different laws of physics.

I am wondering if in another universe, if you were God, could you alter the subatomic particle constants such that it was physically possible to have world's that looked like this?

Or is the default worlds of all universes always going to look like this kind of graphics?
surreptitious57

Re: Cartoon worlds - possible by altering the molecular constants?

Post by surreptitious57 »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Imagine the scientific multiverse is real that there are other universes but with somewhat different laws of physics Yes

I am wondering if in another universe if you were God could you alter the subatomic particle constants such that it was

physically possible to have worlds that looked like this Yes

Or is the default worlds of all universes always going to look like this kind of graphics No
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:11 am Imagine the scientific multiverse is real, that there are other universes, but with somewhat different laws of physics.

I am wondering if in another universe, if you were God, could you alter the subatomic particle constants such that it was physically possible to have world's that looked like this?

Are you saying it doesn't look like this to you :?: :!:
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

You wouldn't need to alter the constants (such a thing doesn't exist, it is a logical shortcut for physicists) but rather a human's ability to perceive.

If you can go somewhere, in the body you have, and live, it is because the physics of that place is roughly compatible with your own. Cause and effect in physics happen close to the pattern of here. Meaning not much difference at all. In physics, like in Aristotle's, Numenius of Apamea, and Aquinas' time this would of been a bit easier to grasp given the physics dealt centrally with unmoved movers who sat just outside of but influencing everything in our little universe. Relativity and time didn't play on them, but they played on us. If you could invert it, and go and influence them, with our world acting upon them similar to how they act on us (in that theory) then hypothetically we wouldn't really feel a difference, but would exert massive influence on that other world. Time would fly by rapidly in a blink of a eye for us, in their world. A sun might form in emulation of you, or a planet, or a sad misshappened planet that nobody likes.

Now what you speak of is taking one person here, transporting them there. The mutuality of the physics was never fully accepted, men had to go through a process of deification to become a God.... but it was possible in the theories of those times for that to happen. If you rose to heaven like Caesar or Augustus supposedly did, then you would go through the metamorphosis. In Christianity, generally it is only the soul that rises, and it was never of this world.

If we just could step through, like the TV show Sliders, to a parallel universe, then from my perspective (which is such things do not exist, but I obviously would have to reevaluate my position if I did go there) the two worlds are fundamentally connected, the physics of one effect the other. Would we share influence of say, gravity as a absolute constant or would it be off? Would the space time curvature of that would still grasp me, or would I float off into nothingness, disappear, but still exert a effect on the strong and weak nuclear forces? Would that effect be the same, or noticeably different? Would my world here leak into their world? Would the atomic weights be exactly the same, or slightly off? Would my atoms be structured in the exact same way? Would Arising UK think he was making sense in that world, and would people treat him like he was clever in that world, unlike here?

All good questions to ask. Farscape dealt with this topic in two different episodes, when I remember which ones I'll link it.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:... Would Arising UK think he was making sense in that world, and would people treat him like he was clever in that world, unlike here? ...
Would he care about interweebles opinions in that world or this one? No.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:I am wondering if in another universe, if you were God, could you alter the subatomic particle constants such that it was physically possible to have world's that looked like this?
Don't know about this 'God' but it's physically possible in this world, just keep dropping a lot of acid or alternatively eat a lot of shrooms.