The Big Bang is Wrong

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: The Big Bang is Wrong

Post by Arising_uk »

Viveka wrote:No modern standard model astronomer or physicist calls Einstein's general and special relativities an 'aether.' They were meant to supplant just that, an AEther.
No matter how you spell it,
Einstein wrote:...

Recapitulating, we may say that according to the general theory of relativity space is endowed with physical qualities; in this sense, therefore, there exists an ether. According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation of light, but also no possibility of existence for standards of space and time (measuring-rods and clocks), nor therefore any space-time intervals in the physical sense. But this ether may not be thought of as endowed with the quality characteristic of ponderable media, as consisting of parts which may be tracked through time. The idea of motion may not be applied to it.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Viveka wrote:I've told you a million times. Because an AEther and Einstein's theories are diametrically opposed, and the result was positive, ...
The event was a short-term one as such it's been taken as a passing gravitational wave, your 'AEther' would be a continuous event if it existed in the way you wish it to.
davidm

Post by davidm »

Viveka wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:16 am
davidm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:55 pm
You first link does not open for me; the second refers to an article from 2011!

The experimental results reported in that article were later found to be flawed. Neutrinos do not travel faster than light!

There is NO evidence against Einstein's relativity as of Oct. 26, 2017 (today)!
Explain the Sagnac effect using Relativity.
The Sagnac effect does not contradict relativity so ... nothing to explain. :?
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:55 am
Viveka wrote:No modern standard model astronomer or physicist calls Einstein's general and special relativities an 'aether.' They were meant to supplant just that, an AEther.
No matter how you spell it,
Einstein wrote:...

Recapitulating, we may say that according to the general theory of relativity space is endowed with physical qualities; in this sense, therefore, there exists an ether. According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation of light, but also no possibility of existence for standards of space and time (measuring-rods and clocks), nor therefore any space-time intervals in the physical sense. But this ether may not be thought of as endowed with the quality characteristic of ponderable media, as consisting of parts which may be tracked through time. The idea of motion may not be applied to it.
Those "measuring-rods and clocks" are exactly what his theories deny having reality. Space-time is simply a failure of an AEther because it has no true reference frame. If it were an AEther, it would have a specific way of existing for the propagation of light. For instance: vacuum permeability and permittivity and a certain structure of vortices; this is seen in James Clerk Maxwell's original Electromagnetic Theory. In modern Standard Model Quantum Physics, light is considered to propagate through a vacuum without any medium allowing it to propagate; it's like there is no space or time for light in that it has no AEther, but yet it still exists moving through a space and time.

Energy is considered equal to Mass, but yet the equation for Energy holds Mass within it! Of course you know what I'm talking about: Einstein's famous E=mc^2. Where is Mass equal to Energy in that equation? Unless you make c^2 into 1 by some random accident, I don't see how they equate Mass and Energy. Energy comes from its constituent units. It does not magically transform into Mass.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

davidm wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:02 am
Viveka wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:16 am
davidm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:55 pm

You first link does not open for me; the second refers to an article from 2011!

The experimental results reported in that article were later found to be flawed. Neutrinos do not travel faster than light!

There is NO evidence against Einstein's relativity as of Oct. 26, 2017 (today)!
Explain the Sagnac effect using Relativity.
The Sagnac effect does not contradict relativity so ... nothing to explain. :?
It certainly does. The Galilean Transformation works for the Sagnac Effect, and Special Relativity does not.

http://www.kritik-relativitaetstheorie. ... Sagnac.pdf
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:59 am
Viveka wrote:I've told you a million times. Because an AEther and Einstein's theories are diametrically opposed, and the result was positive, ...
The event was a short-term one as such it's been taken as a passing gravitational wave, your 'AEther' would be a continuous event if it existed in the way you wish it to.
And if you didn't cut my post short my argument would show why it isn't a continuous event.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Viveka wrote:And if you didn't cut my post short my argument would show why it isn't a continuous event.
Why would rotation make a difference? Your ether should be continuously 'pulling' or pushing' and the speed of light should be affected accordingly. Instead what has happened is that there was a measurable change for a short-period which is commensurate with Einstein's theory and the idea that there are gravitational waves out there.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Viveka wrote:...
Those "measuring-rods and clocks" are exactly what his theories deny having reality. ...
Have you read his layman's book 'Relativity'? It's pretty much all about measuring-rods, clocks and light.
Space-time is simply a failure of an AEther because it has no true reference frame. If it were an AEther, it would have a specific way of existing for the propagation of light. For instance: vacuum permeability and permittivity and a certain structure of vortices; this is seen in James Clerk Maxwell's original Electromagnetic Theory. In modern Standard Model Quantum Physics, light is considered to propagate through a vacuum without any medium allowing it to propagate; it's like there is no space or time for light in that it has no AEther, but yet it still exists moving through a space and time. ...
I'd have thought it moving through SpaceTime?
Energy is considered equal to Mass, ...
Is it? I thought it was considered equivalent to the density of the mass times the speed of light squared?
but yet the equation for Energy holds Mass within it! Of course you know what I'm talking about: Einstein's famous E=mc^2. Where is Mass equal to Energy in that equation? Unless you make c^2 into 1 by some random accident, I don't see how they equate Mass and Energy. ...
that'll be because 'they' don't I'd have thought.
Energy comes from its constituent units. It does not magically transform into Mass.
For myself I'm still with the idea that the term 'Energy' means 'no idea' or 'we don't know' but what we do know is that if we move matter very fast we can get a shitload of work done.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagnac_effect

"the accelerations connected with the rotation in no way influence the speed of light."

From the article.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

thedoc wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:43 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagnac_effect

"the accelerations connected with the rotation in no way influence the speed of light."

From the article.
Like Wikipedia knows anything, doc. I'm surprised that someone named 'doctor' would use Wikipedia for information.

http://www.kritik-relativitaetstheorie. ... Sagnac.pdf

"Nevertheless, the
linear term x v/c2
in the LT [Lorentz Transformation]– which is responsible for c = const – was simply not
there. The experimental result was consistent with the Galilei Transformation (GT),
i.e. light seemed to travel at the velocity c - v from west to east and c + v on the
return path from east to west, where v is the local rotational velocity of the earth’s
surface."
davidm

Post by davidm »

From the above link:
That all inertial observers are equivalent is also seen from the fact that they are represented by geodesic worldlines which in the case of flat spacetime are straight worldlines. However, when an observer is accelerating his worldline is not geodesic (not a straight worldline in flat spacetime). Therefore, accelerated motion, unlike motion with constant velocity, is absolute - there is an absolute difference between a geodesic and a non-geodesic worldline. This means that the laws of physics in inertial and non-inertial reference frames are not the same. An immediate consequence is that the speed of light is not constant in non-inertial frames - a non-inertial observer can detect his accelerated motion by using light signals.
It is precisely this corollary of special relativity that received little attention in the courses and books on relativity. In fact, that corollary is regularly used but since it is done implicitly confusions are not always avoided. For instance, an observer in Einstein’s thought experiment [3] involving an accelerating elevator can discover his accelerated motion by the deflection of a light ray from its horizontal path. An observer in a rotating reference frame, a rotating disk for example, can detect the disk accelerated motion also by using light: light signals emitted from a point M in opposite directions along the rim of the disk do not arrive at the same time at M (this is the so called Sagnac effect)
Bold by me.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Viveka wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:50 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:21 pm
You're not answering my question, why do you think a short-term event is not a gravitational wave and is a detection of this 'AEther'?
Because an AEther and Einstein's theories are diametrically opposed, and the result was positive, which thereby disproves Einstein and affirms an AEther.

They are diametrically opposed, however they can coexist as an observation of "Positive" or "Negative", much in the same manner as Yin and Yang. Einstein's Relativity is fundamentally, and I would like to see a physicist deny this simple observation, a study of "darkness".
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:26 am
Viveka wrote:And if you didn't cut my post short my argument would show why it isn't a continuous event.
Why would rotation make a difference? Your ether should be continuously 'pulling' or pushing' and the speed of light should be affected accordingly. Instead what has happened is that there was a measurable change for a short-period which is commensurate with Einstein's theory and the idea that there are gravitational waves out there.
The ether would fundamentally have to reflect, or "move itself into itself", in order to exist. It's self-reflective nature is what maintains it as "unmoving" or "stable".

The ether, in reflecting upon itself, would manifest an approximate negative structure as "apeiron":

"The apeiron is central to the cosmological theory created by Anaximander, a 6th-century BC pre-Socratic Greek philosopher whose work is mostly lost. From the few existing fragments, we learn that he believed the beginning or ultimate reality (arche) is eternal and infinite, or boundless (apeiron), subject to neither old age nor decay, which perpetually yields fresh materials from which everything we can perceive is derived.[4] Apeiron generated the opposites, hot-cold, wet-dry etc., which acted on the creation of the world.[5] Everything is generated from apeiron and then it is destroyed by going back to apeiron, according to necessity.[6] He believed that infinite worlds are generated from apeiron and then they are destroyed there again.[7]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apeiron_(cosmology)

This "apieron" as "negative being", "void", or "chaos" is strictly a dimension of perpetual flux.

Einstein's relativity is fundamentally a study of the "apeiron" in many respects:

"Werner Heisenberg, noted for the creation of quantum mechanics, arrived at the idea that the elementary particles are to be seen as different manifestations, different quantum states, of one and the same “primordial substance.” Because of its similarity to the primordial substance hypothesized by Anaximander, his colleague Max Born called this substance apeiron.[38]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apeiron_(cosmology)

In these respects the Ether would be equivalent to a dimension of Unified stability and the Apeiron as a dimension of Non-Unified flux.

If you look at the nature of measurement in modern physics it is fundamentally an act of "division" where dimensions are determined and the relation of these dimensions in turn individuates the percieved object or being as a "unit". This unit, or "part of a being/particulate" in turn is defined by its relations to another "unit". The physicist understands the electron through its relations to protons, neutrinos, etc. and in these respect individuates it as a "particle".

Measurement, as an act of division, can be applied to the Apeiron without contradiction for the Apieron is "divison as absence of structure".
Think about it this way, any time one divides or breaks apart an object when they are doing is creating a "void" within the object in order to understand the further "voids" which compose it.

The problem occurs, logically at least, is the the apeiron as a void forms the basis for all matter and in the act of measurement we follow it in both form and function. In this respect the act of measurement is as much how forming reality as it is about understanding it. The question is where does real science begin and end if "forming reality" is a possible basis for the modern view of science.

I heard a joke that quantum physicists are good a breaking things by accident...all jokes have a degree of truth in themselves.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

"The origins of length contraction started with G.F. FitzGerald. He was the first to suggest that Lorentz’s deformation model5 for a moving electron also applied to the "macro-world" in order to explain the Michelson-Morley null-result. It was this purely ad hoc idea that started the whole problem. During the first half of the twentieth century, physicists were eager to put length contraction to the test and see if the phenomenon really existed. Several experiments were performed,6-8 but no variation in length was observed. A modern space-based test has been proposed by Renshaw,9 but to date, no direct experimental verification of relativistic length contraction has ever been measured."

In other words, all attempts to prove length-contraction has the same problem of bending the bendable TV screen while trying to knock a rider off the horse on a TV show. If there is length contraction, how in the heck are we supposed to measure it? The fact that the Lorentz Factor was derived to be an alternative to an AEther, and explain the lack of a positive result on the Michelson-Morley experiment is now a problem because the Michelson-Morley experiment has been resurrected and rectified to show a positive result.