Time is Unstable Space?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Viveka

Re: Time is Unstable Space?

Post by Viveka »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 am
Viveka wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:54 pm EodnhoJ7, I think you are missing a fundamental point (pun unintended) when you say that a line is two points. A line would start off as a circle in 1-dimension of length, and 0-dimension of length would be the point in the middle of the circle. In other words, 1 and 0 dimensions are reciprocals of one another, the point being an infinitely small circle, and an expanded point a circle. This is why there is 'point everywhere, circumference nowhere.'
The line is a one dimensional "direction" and in these respects is an observation of "movement"...unless direction can exist without movement. That would be an interesting concept.

In these respect, under Relativity, it is an observation of "flux" where the points exist if and only if they are zero dimensional. These zero dimensional points as a "dividors" for the line in one respect. This help enables structure.

However considering the line is 1 dimensional it must "continue" and in these respects "actuality" and "potentiality" are points which it "moves" through.

The line is a "negative dimension" or "structural boundary" in the respect of "non-movement" or stability. In this respect considering the point is Unified, the line that extends between the points is not a thing in itself but and observation of "multiplicity" as "1" for the point is strictly reflecting itself.

This self reflection of through itself into itself maintains a unity through infinity.

The point is 1 dimensional under Reflection and 0 dimensional under Relativity.
The Line is -1 dimensional under Reflection and 1 dimensional under Relativity.

I wouldn't call a line a 'negative dimension' unless it had to do with Cartesian Curvilinear Geometry, within which a point would deal with 'i', the square root of negative one. If there is a line that is between two points, it exists as the radius of the circle and point. I don't understand what you mean by relativity and reflection. Please explain them to me.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Thank you for comprehensive answer, but my question was a fairly straightforward 'What do you think time is?' Here you suggest that it is a force:
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:51 pmThe Op invented a third unnamed force (at least three, could in theory be more) besides time and space, and didn't realize it.
Which is an unconventional use of the word. Are you sure you mean that time is a 'force'?
There's another suggestion here:
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:51 pmWe can also invert it and say space is just smooth time, and mathematicically prove it by running it past the Homunculus living inside out brain.....
Well, firstly, you don't prove anything about ontology using mathematics; that's what Hubble telescopes and Large Hadron Colliders are for.
Other than that, I am not sure what you are inverting; much less what any homunculus has to do with anything.
The best I can make of it, is that time is 'smooth', presumably because it is empty.
But then you say:
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:51 pmWe don't actually know what time and space time is, other than they are apparently default operations of the mind, and might not even exist in nature.
Which I agree with.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Viveka wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:13 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 am
Viveka wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:54 pm EodnhoJ7, I think you are missing a fundamental point (pun unintended) when you say that a line is two points. A line would start off as a circle in 1-dimension of length, and 0-dimension of length would be the point in the middle of the circle. In other words, 1 and 0 dimensions are reciprocals of one another, the point being an infinitely small circle, and an expanded point a circle. This is why there is 'point everywhere, circumference nowhere.'
The line is a one dimensional "direction" and in these respects is an observation of "movement"...unless direction can exist without movement. That would be an interesting concept.

In these respect, under Relativity, it is an observation of "flux" where the points exist if and only if they are zero dimensional. These zero dimensional points as a "dividors" for the line in one respect. This help enables structure.

However considering the line is 1 dimensional it must "continue" and in these respects "actuality" and "potentiality" are points which it "moves" through.

The line is a "negative dimension" or "structural boundary" in the respect of "non-movement" or stability. In this respect considering the point is Unified, the line that extends between the points is not a thing in itself but and observation of "multiplicity" as "1" for the point is strictly reflecting itself.

This self reflection of through itself into itself maintains a unity through infinity.

The point is 1 dimensional under Reflection and 0 dimensional under Relativity.
The Line is -1 dimensional under Reflection and 1 dimensional under Relativity.

I wouldn't call a line a 'negative dimension' unless it had to do with Cartesian Curvilinear Geometry, within which a point would deal with 'i', the square root of negative one. If there is a line that is between two points, it exists as the radius of the circle and point.

With the point being 1 dimensional, as it moves inwards towards itself and in do so is "non moving", all extensions of the point are the point itself. The line, as an extension of the point reflecting upon itself is not really a "dimensions" in itself but rather an extension between the points as they are the only dimensions.

I hope that was clearer.

I don't understand what you mean by relativity and reflection. Please explain them to me.

Reflection (or Reflective Space) is strictly the ether, through the point, "throwing itself into itself" to maintain its as both One and Infinity. In this respect it is stable. The point reflects itself through structures (line, triangle...organic forms such as branching, waves, etc.) however these structures are strictly the point reflecting upon itself. In these respects the point is composed of itself as "infinite points".

The point, as 1 in quantity and Unity in Quality, is strictly an ethereal unifying dimension that "binds" reality together. The universe is mathematical/geometric if one strictly observes it as points reflecting points.

Take for example the branching pattern in a tree. That is what make the tree a tree, the branching or "lines" and "points". Move in further to the tree and look at an individual branch...it is still the same pattern. Now look closer at the leaf...the stem follows the same pattern.

The tree in this respect, as a form, is strictly lines and points reflecting lines and points reflecting lines and points...etc.

We can observe this further in other such aspects of nature as rivers/streams, lighting, lava flows, rock formations, winds through sand, etc.

Relativity (or Relative Space) is strictly the apeiron, through the 1 dimensional line as perpetual movement. This perpetual movement exists as a relation of the point as not a thing in itself, but rather existing if and only if their is another point it can relate to. In these respects the points are zero dimensional for the line as "relation" only is observable. The points as zero dimensional, exist as dividing and multiplying extensions of the line.

The line as one dimensional "flux" is strictly movement from itself (while under the ether the point is movement in towards itself).

In this respect view is as "stability" propogating (dividing or multiplying) "flux" through the "point". However because the apieron exists as flux, the point is striclty a cessation of reflection in this respect as the Apeirion is an approximate of the Ether (or structurally congruent to it) and exists if and only if there is an ether.

Where the point as 1 reflects the line as -1 in the ether (1 ≡ -1 ≅ 0) the apieron begins through 0 as the point.

Relativity is strictly the individuation of 1 (gradation of unity) through temporality. In these respects it is continual flux. The line manifests itself through a 1 dimension direct outside of itself which is observed in the movements we see today...a projection outwards. These movements are strictly the line being propogated through zero dimensional points. In these respects the line is composed of further lines as "particle-waves".

The line, as 1 in quantity and Flux in Quality, is strictly an apeirionic fluxing dimension that propogates reality through individuation.

Take again the same example of the branching "movement" in a tree. That is what makes the tree a tree, the movements of "branching" where the line continual propogates itself through the point.

The tree in this respect, as a movement, is strictly lines actualizing through potential points.

We can observe this further in other such aspects of nature as rivers/streams, lighting, lava flows, rock formations, winds through sand, etc.