Is there really a single universe?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Were the God perspective you suggested actually true there would be evidence to demonstrate this
There is plenty of evidence to demonstrate and support the God and Enlightenment perspective
What exactly do you mean by evidence and can you provide some to support the God perspective
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 am
ken wrote:
You will NEVER see what IS actually true and right with just probabilities
No but when those probabilities are entirely wrong what is true and right cannot be determined at all
I would suggest if people want to teach what is true and right, then they just write what IS true and right, instead of writing what could probably be true and right.

For example writing, "In the beginning ..." in regards to the Universe is NOT what IS true and right. And, writing "In the beginning ...", in regards to the Universe, does NOT help any one. In fact some people end up believing this is true, and from then on look at all things with this particular view in sight, which obviously could distort what IS actually true and right.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:49 am
ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Were the God perspective you suggested actually true there would be evidence to demonstrate this
There is plenty of evidence to demonstrate and support the God and Enlightenment perspective
What exactly do you mean by evidence and can you provide some to support the God perspective
Yes, AFTER you tell Me what do you mean by 'the God perspective.'
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:
Yes AFTER you tell Me what do you mean by the God perspective
The idea that an entity known as God actually exists
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
The reason you human beings still have to apparently work hard to acquire new or further knowledge is because of the way you are all are preoccupied in looking for and seeing what it is that you already believe is true. If you stopped presuming and assuming and believing ( in )
things then things become much clearer and thus also much easier to understand
This is very true and as I get older I realise I have less need for belief even though I still make assumptions but I know that is all they are
Knowledge acquisition would be far easier with a completely open mind but things could still be hard to understand in and of themselves
I have only been doing this for seven years and even though I have made progress there is still so more to be done so I carry on regardless
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:11 am
ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

Yes AFTER you tell Me what do you mean by the God perspective
The idea that an entity known as God actually exists
You will have to define what this entity known as God actually IS, BEFORE I could produce any evidence for It. Until then I do not know what your interpretation of what an entity known as God is and I can not provide evidence for some thing that I do not know what you are talking about.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
I have already stated I NEVER try to convince any one of any thing which includes My self. You are free to believe or not believe [ in ]
any thing. I for One neither believe nor disbelieve any thing. What I say is either true or right and / or correct. If it is not any of these
then I am sure that some one could point that out to Me
I also have zero intention of trying to convince anyone of anything that I say
They can try and convince me of what they are saying for that is how I learn
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
You will have to define what this entity known as God actually IS BEFORE I could produce any evidence
This is a hard concept to explain for there are many interpretations and I might fail to describe what God means
An idea that exists within human consciousness that transcends physicality like a a metaphysical [ non physical ]
entity that can be experienced as an energy or a force. Could simply be consciousness itself I really do not know
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
I see no reason at all to think that human beings are a part of Mind or Consciousness
One reason I see for doing that is because by doing it you are then remaining OPEN
Is it possible that a mind can be too open and if so can you give an example of this
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:26 am
ken wrote:
The reason you human beings still have to apparently work hard to acquire new or further knowledge is because of the way you are all are preoccupied in looking for and seeing what it is that you already believe is true. If you stopped presuming and assuming and believing ( in )
things then things become much clearer and thus also much easier to understand

This is very true and as I get older I realise I have less need for belief even though I still make assumptions but I know that is all they are
Knowledge acquisition would be far easier with a completely open mind but things could still be hard to understand in and of themselves

So we both agree that learning and knowledge acquisition is far easier WITH a completely open Mind?

Do you have any examples of things that could be hard to understand in and of themselves?

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:26 amI have only been doing this for seven years and even though I have made progress there is still so more to be done so I carry on regardless
What have you been doing for seven years?
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:38 am
ken wrote:
I have already stated I NEVER try to convince any one of any thing which includes My self. You are free to believe or not believe [ in ]
any thing. I for One neither believe nor disbelieve any thing. What I say is either true or right and / or correct. If it is not any of these
then I am sure that some one could point that out to Me
I also have zero intention of trying to convince anyone of anything that I say
They can try and convince me of what they are saying for that is how I learn
Instead of people trying to convince Me of some thing, and they just expressed only what they want to say, show, or teach Me, then we can begin to discuss how much truth is in what they are actually trying to persuade Me is true. The word 'convince', to Me, has a connotation of force, which I do not like from any one, including Me. So, I do not like people trying to convince Me of some thing and I will never try to convince some one of some thing also, but I am open to listening to all things.

What I want to express will either be accepted and agreed with, or it will not. If it is the latter, then I am the first to want to know WHY. I want to know WHERE exactly what I am saying is not true, not right, or not correct, and WHY it is false, wrong, or incorrect. I am very open to being told this and in fact seek it out. That way I can learn how to express better what I want to say.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
So we both agree that learning and knowledge acquisition is far easier WITH a completely open Mind

Do you have any examples of things that could be hard to understand in and of themselves
We both agree that learning and knowledge acquisition is far easier with a completely open mind
Not only that but also with a mind that is only partially open but still more open than it once was

I can only give an example of something I find hard to understand and it is Quantum Mechanics
Now some of that is counter intuitive but it is also hard from a purely intellectual perspective
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
What have you been doing for seven years
I think I have been trying to acquire greater knowledge and understanding of how things are
I want to carry on doing this for the rest of my life so there is still so much more to be done
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
Instead of people trying to convince Me of some thing and they just expressed only what they want to say show or teach Me then we can begin to discuss how much truth is in what they are actually trying to persuade Me is true. The word convince to Me has a connotation of force which I do not like from any one including Me. So I do not like people trying to convince Me of some thing and I will never try to convince some one of some thing also but I am open to listening to all things
I have no problem with anyone trying to convince me of something if it actually results in me acquiring new knowledge or greater
understanding. If they have to be forceful then so be it for if I had a completely open mind they would not have to be so forceful
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:06 am
ken wrote:
You will have to define what this entity known as God actually IS BEFORE I could produce any evidence
This is a hard concept to explain for there are many interpretations and I might fail to describe what God means
But it is impossible to fail expressing YOUR own interpretation and/or concept of some thing.

We can only really talk about our own interpretations because if others have not clearly expressed their interpretations, then we do NOT know what they are.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:06 amAn idea that exists within human consciousness that transcends physicality like a a metaphysical [ non physical ]
entity that can be experienced as an energy or a force. Could simply be consciousness itself I really do not know
And this is EXACTLY where the whole discussion about God fails completely, in and of itself. If NO person knows what they are talking about when they refer to God in any discussion, then how could any sort of reasonable discussion take place?

IF, and when, 'God' is defined and that definition is accepted and agreed with, then, and only then, a true discussion could take place about whether God exists or not. There is absolutely NO use in trying to prove or disprove the existence of God or not when people do not even know what a 'God' is.

By the way, do you know of any metaphysical entity?

Or, do you know of any metaphysical thing for that matter?