THE MOON

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: THE MOON

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: He was clumsy with the opposite sex. His looks were unusual - are unusual. He has changed very little, and his hairline started to go really young. In fact he had a sort of 'balding' appearance as long as I knew him. Long face, deep voice, slim boney.
He's not an unattractive man. If I were guessing what he did by looking at him, I would have probably said 'scientist'. He doesn't look like the nutter that he surely must be.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Greta wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Or that time between being asleep and awake, where people can have all kinds of strange hallucinations and temporary paralysis. The phenomenon that have rise to 'alien abductions' (the modern equivalent of incubuses and succubuses).
Yes, but having sex with an alien at age five ... I didn't know what sex was at that age. Unfortunately not everyone can say that.
True, but did this 'memory' come from his five-year-old mind, or his adult one? I think probably his adult. He's a total nut-job. He's made up that bullshit story just like all his other ones.
I once asked about his father. We both we brought up in single parent families, but I knew my Dad. Simon's dad was unmentionable. So who knows, he was certainly completely out of he and his Mum's life by the age of eight.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: He was clumsy with the opposite sex. His looks were unusual - are unusual. He has changed very little, and his hairline started to go really young. In fact he had a sort of 'balding' appearance as long as I knew him. Long face, deep voice, slim boney.
He's not an unattractive man. If I were guessing what he did by looking at him, I would have probably said 'scientist'. He doesn't look like the nutter that he surely must be.
Unless there is so sort of genetic problem nutters rarely look like nutters.

And whilst you might think he looks okay for a fifty-six year old man, you have to imagine that head on a 14 year old from a boys school trying to impress girls. Like I said he has changed very little.
Last edited by Hobbes' Choice on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
I have to disagree. Plenty of nutters look like nutters.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: He's not an unattractive man. If I were guessing what he did by looking at him, I would have probably said 'scientist'. He doesn't look like the nutter that he surely must be.
I have to disagree. Plenty of nutters look like nutters.
I'm not going to get into another stupid argument with you.
Suffice it to say that this man's beliefs are no more ridiculous than Simon's.

The only difference is that the Pope has a bigger constituency.

But Simon has managed to construct this system with less help.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

And whilst you might think he looks okay for a fifty-six year old man, you have to imagine that head on a 14 year old from a boys school trying to impress girls. Like I said he has changed very little.
I thought it said he was 54. You should see David Cassidy now. What a train wreck. Some people reach their peak early, others later on.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: He's not an unattractive man. If I were guessing what he did by looking at him, I would have probably said 'scientist'. He doesn't look like the nutter that he surely must be.

I thought it said he was 54. You should see David Cassidy now. What a train wreck. Some people reach their peak early, others later on.
He might be 55. You are probably reading something not updated. I can't remember his birthday, but he was born between September 1959, and October 1960, because we were in the same year at school.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Suffice it to say that this man's beliefs are no more ridiculous than Simon's.

The only difference is that the Pope has a bigger constituency.

But Simon has managed to construct this system with less help.
Not that I disagree, but it's still debatable. Very young children don't tend to be brain-washed with 'illuminati, UFOs, lizard/mantis aliens etc. etc.' Those are things that supposedly 'mature' adults have come up with. At least those who have had religion pumped into them from birth have an excuse.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote: He might be 55. You are probably reading something not updated. I can't remember his birthday, but he was born between September 1959, and October 1960, because we were in the same year at school.
Still in your prime then. :wink:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Yes. Not a pretty sight, but had you not known what he looked like I don't think this is too bad for a man in his sixties.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: He might be 55. You are probably reading something not updated. I can't remember his birthday, but he was born between September 1959, and October 1960, because we were in the same year at school.
Well. Cancer takes the wind out of your sails a bit. But I don't look too bad.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Yes. Not a pretty sight, but had you not known what he looked like I don't think this is too bad for a man in his sixties.
He would have looked fine if he hadn't had all that botox and crap. When men get cosmetic surgery they end up looking like women (and not attractive women either). He's also bloated with alcohol. He was so beautiful in his youth. Funnily enought the 'ugly' one, Danny Bonaduce, aged a lot better.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Well I hope you aren't going to suddenly disappear like Leo did.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: He would have looked fine if he hadn't had all that botox and crap. When men get cosmetic surgery they end up looking like women (and not attractive women either). He's also bloated with alcohol. He was so beautiful in his youth. Funnily enought the 'ugly' one, Danny Bonaduce, aged a lot better.
Mickey Rourke is the real tragedy on that score.
he was not just pretty, but interesting looking.

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Still in your prime then. :wink:
Well I hope you aren't going to suddenly disappear like Leo did.
Eight years in remission so far.