THE MOON

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

THE MOON

Post by Lacewing »

A few nights ago I watched a show that was suggesting some very odd characteristics about the moon. Which, if true, is rather startling. Such as, despite there being a vast range of circumference sizes of craters, they’re all the same depth! That makes no sense. Furthermore, the precise size, distance, and orbit of the moon, to allow eclipses with the sun, are phenomenal odds. Also notable is that we only ever see one side of it. Finally, when the Apollo mission (I think that’s the one) was returning to Earth, it released part of its equipment to fall back to the moon. Their sensors picked up that when the equipment hit the moon, the moon “rang like a bell” for a full minute! They couldn’t explain this, and so on another mission they released a larger load to fall back on the moon, and that rang like a bell for 3 minutes! The soft surface of the moon should not cause anything like that... and apparently scientists can’t explain that either. Are these false claims?

One theory suggests that the moon is actually a metal structure with a false surface... which could possibly be used as an observation base for someone. It was also suggested that it could have been towed into place... into precise position... a very long time ago -- perhaps to watch and interact with this earthly/humankind experiment?

Opinions or insights, anyone?
Hobbes' Choice

Re: THE MOON

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Lacewing wrote:A few nights ago I watched a show that was suggesting some very odd characteristics about the moon. Which, if true, is rather startling. Such as, despite there being a vast range of circumference sizes of craters, they’re all the same depth! That makes no sense. Furthermore, the precise size, distance, and orbit of the moon, to allow eclipses with the sun, are phenomenal odds. Also notable is that we only ever see one side of it. Finally, when the Apollo mission (I think that’s the one) was returning to Earth, it released part of its equipment to fall back to the moon. Their sensors picked up that when the equipment hit the moon, the moon “rang like a bell” for a full minute! They couldn’t explain this, and so on another mission they released a larger load to fall back on the moon, and that rang like a bell for 3 minutes! The soft surface of the moon should not cause anything like that... and apparently scientists can’t explain that either. Are these false claims?

One theory suggests that the moon is actually a metal structure with a false surface... which could possibly be used as an observation base for someone. It was also suggested that it could have been towed into place... into precise position... a very long time ago -- perhaps to watch and interact with this earthly/humankind experiment?

Opinions or insights, anyone?
The co-incidence of the perfection of the eclipse is temporary, and will change as the bodies change in distance. There is noting odd about this. Whatever the present distance would have low odds as the orbit is changing. It's only of apparent interest as we like to see the sun blotted out occasionally and have myths about it.
Not sure about the depth of craters and I doubt this is true.
I hope you were not watching the "Discovery Channel" because generally it is shite.

Can you tell us how the moon "rang like a bell"? In what way?

The moon cannot be hollow. It is not in a 'precise position', as its relation ship to earth is changing. It's now pretty well understood that the earth was more massive and the moon comprises of what was once part of earth separated by a massive catastrophe; being made of almost exactly the same stuff as the earth. Many of the craters related to a long time past when both the earth and the moon were in constant bombardment by the aftermath of that collision; they are now filled up with millions of years of dust (maybe why they are thought to be the same depth).

On the other hand maybe its just a massive DEATH STAR, which will wake up when Trump is made president.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Can you tell us how the moon "rang like a bell"? In what way?
It looked like a seismograph machine... registering vibrations. That's the description they used.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Many of the craters related to a long time past when both the earth and the moon were in constant bombardment by the aftermath of that collision; they are now filled up with millions of years of dust (maybe why they are thought to be the same depth).
Except that earth's craters aren't all the same depth.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:On the other hand maybe its just a massive DEATH STAR, which will wake up when Trump is made president.
:lol: Yes... if such a clown can rise to such a position of power, the earth experiment has likely failed (or provided a whole lot of entertainment for someone).
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Lacewing wrote: Furthermore, the precise size, distance, and orbit of the moon, to allow eclipses with the sun, are phenomenal odds.
This has struck me, in fact I nearly started a thread on it and I seem to remember bringing it up on another forum but no one else seemed to see anything remarkable about it. Personally, I think it is remarkably remarkable. If only I'd asked Hobbes in the first place I could have saved myself so much brain racking trying to think of a reason for it.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Lacewing wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Can you tell us how the moon "rang like a bell"? In what way?
It looked like a seismograph machine... registering vibrations. That's the description they used.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Many of the craters related to a long time past when both the earth and the moon were in constant bombardment by the aftermath of that collision; they are now filled up with millions of years of dust (maybe why they are thought to be the same depth).
Except that earth's craters aren't all the same depth.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:On the other hand maybe its just a massive DEATH STAR, which will wake up when Trump is made president.
:lol: Yes... if such a clown can rise to such a position of power, the earth experiment has likely failed (or provided a whole lot of entertainment for someone).
Was this Discovery Channel?
You can see craters inside craters on the moon - I don't think they can be the same depth.
I did not know there was a seismograph on the moon, presumably with its own power and a radio transmitter????
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Oh look moon craters with different depths.

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Older dust filled craters (similar depth), with newer craters on top.

http://oldsite.david-tyler.com/uploaded ... olycus.jpg

Billions of years of dust settles into the craters, making them appear the same depth whilst others form fresh splashes
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Here's another good example
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

The seismograph was taken on the first mission, to listen to the moonquakes.
The solidity of the moon seems to explain the sustained quake

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/home/15 ... uakes.html
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Was this Discovery Channel?
No! This was the very reputable program "Ancient Aliens" on the History channel. :lol: I know, you think that's shite too!
Hobbes' Choice wrote:I did not know there was a seismograph on the moon, presumably with its own power and a radio transmitter????
I'm guessing they have equipment (on the spacecraft) that can measure vibrations of planets when they're close to them. Does that seem far-fetched?
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Oh look moon craters with different depths.
:lol: :lol: Okay, well maybe their claim is that "generally-speaking, it's not what would be expected".

You've done a good job of addressing each of the claims! As Bill would say: Thank you for your participation in this most important thread.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:The seismograph was taken on the first mission, to listen to the moonquakes. The solidity of the moon seems to explain the sustained quake.
Okay, that's interesting. Could be a cover-up for their REAL reasons for their investigations and for going back to the moon. And Clive Neal admitted this: "What causes the shallow moonquakes? And where do they occur? We're not sure."

Perhaps the rumblings are from the industrial complex inside the decoy moon! :D
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Lacewing wrote: No! This was the very reputable program "Ancient Aliens" on the History channel.
Reputable? I suppose it is, in the same way as 'Hunting for Bigfoot' is 'reputable.' Or 'Sensing Murder'.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Lacewing wrote: No! This was the very reputable program "Ancient Aliens" on the History channel.
Reputable? I suppose it is, in the same way as 'Hunting for Bigfoot' is 'reputable.' Or 'Sensing Murder'.
Sure! Somebody's gotta report on this stuff! :lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTzV_f7hRqQ

Proof of 'Bigfoot' (Highly reputable). Did you know that the Moon landings were faked? Proven beyond a shadow (excuse the pun) of a doubt.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTzV_f7hRqQ

Proof of 'Bigfoot'. (Highly reputable). Did you know that the Moon landings were faked? Proven beyond a shadow (excuse the pun) of a doubt.
Okay, that was totally annoying. All the camera-zooming in and out, and then jerking around to try to disorient us, only to end up seeing what was clearly a guy in a hairy suit running. No other creature runs like that.

If you're not going to take this seriously... I can't have this conversation!

:lol: