THE MOON

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: THE MOON

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:It's embarrassing to think that me and Simon were very close friends between 1968 - 1976, and went to the same schools.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHaZvpg6rnE

After about an hour - he mentions that the moon is a artificial satellite, placed there by aliens.
He's a complete nut-job.
http://www.simonparkes.org/

Apparently he lost his virginity to an alien at the age of five.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hmm. An alien space-craft that just happens to look exactly like a moon. :roll:

This explains it:
In Confessions of an Alien Abductee, Parkes, who is also a qualified driving instructor, said he had an alien family with an extra-terrestrial lover.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:It's embarrassing to think that me and Simon were very close friends between 1968 - 1976
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Apparently he lost his virginity to an alien at the age of five.
Hobbes', did he never mention this to you while you were friends?
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:It's embarrassing to think that me and Simon were very close friends between 1968 - 1976, and went to the same schools.

After about an hour - he mentions that the moon is a artificial satellite, placed there by aliens.
He's a complete nut-job.

That sounds like a child's coping mechanism for abuse.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:

He's a complete nut-job.

Or that time between being asleep and awake, where people can have all kinds of strange hallucinations and temporary paralysis. The phenomenon that have rise to 'alien abductions' (the modern equivalent of incubuses and succubuses).
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: He's a complete nut-job.

Or that time between being asleep and awake, where people can have all kinds of strange hallucinations and temporary paralysis. The phenomenon that have rise to 'alien abductions' (the modern equivalent of incubuses and succubuses).
Hey, I'll stick with succubi, thanks. Call me old-fashioned (and mildly romantic ;)).
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:... is cheese... Camembert...

Don't make me state the obvious *sigh*
Do they serve crackers and dip with that?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:... is cheese... Camembert...

Don't make me state the obvious *sigh*
Do they serve crackers and dip with that?
Most certainly they serve crackers and dips during a full moon... Oh, you meant the food, not emergency services. My mistake.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote: Most certainly they serve crackers and dips during a full moon... Oh, you meant the food, not emergency services. My mistake.
It's OK, at the local "Fine Wine and Good Spirits" store there was a sign on the customer computer console there was a notice "No chip" so I asked if they didn't have any dip either. But after they started accepting chips, they still didn't serve dip. I was very disappointed.

If the local emergency services served chips and dip with their rides, I would be most appreciative.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Maybe the Chinese know/suspect something about the far side of the moon...

(From History.com)

China’s growing space program has announced its plans to make a historic landing on the far side of the moon in 2018—two years earlier than originally planned.

Despite such advances in lunar knowledge, the Chinese space program has so far mostly repeated feats that its U.S. and Soviet counterparts achieved decades ago. The Chang’e 4 mission (named after China’s mythological moon goddess) is to make a soft landing on the far side of the moon, however, and will represent a first in the history of space exploration.

Chang’e 4’s goal is to land on the far hemisphere of the moon, so that China can study its geology and possibly place a radio telescope there. As the moon itself would block any interfering waves from Earth, its far side would be an ideal location to study radio waves. But this same aspect makes it more difficult to land a spacecraft there, as the probe would be unable to receive radio signals to communicate with Earth. In order to confront this challenge, Liu said China plans to add a relay satellite to the probe in order to enable communication between it and Earth.
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Or that time between being asleep and awake, where people can have all kinds of strange hallucinations and temporary paralysis. The phenomenon that have rise to 'alien abductions' (the modern equivalent of incubuses and succubuses).
Yes, but having sex with an alien at age five ... I didn't know what sex was at that age. Unfortunately not everyone can say that.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Or that time between being asleep and awake, where people can have all kinds of strange hallucinations and temporary paralysis. The phenomenon that have rise to 'alien abductions' (the modern equivalent of incubuses and succubuses).
Yes, but having sex with an alien at age five ... I didn't know what sex was at that age. Unfortunately not everyone can say that.
True, but did this 'memory' come from his five-year-old mind, or his adult one? I think probably his adult. He's a total nut-job. He's made up that bullshit story just like all his other ones.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Greta wrote: That sounds like a child's coping mechanism for abuse.
Interesting thought given the dedication on his website.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Lacewing wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:It's embarrassing to think that me and Simon were very close friends between 1968 - 1976
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Apparently he lost his virginity to an alien at the age of five.
Hobbes', did he never mention this to you while you were friends?
No. When we were about 12 he discovered "Chariots of the Gods" and we used to spent time watching the skies. I think it was around then that the fantasy of his life began to form. But after a couple of years he no longer mentioned aliens, and we went through school talking about Star Trek and sci-fi books, model making the usual stuff. By the age of 17 I became too cool for school and we drifted apart.

But we first knew each other from age 8 and we were both ordinary kids, a bit nerdy I suppose - not sporty, but with an interest in fossil collecting. Nothing about aliens.

I was truly shocked to find he had pulled off a career as a Labour councillor, as in the 1970 election he was blue and i was red, but I managed to turn him. I'd not realised I'd turned him that far!! And I only found out about all this last year when I did and FB search for him - to which he never replied. Don't know why. Maybe because I know the truth about his teens and late kidhood?

He definitely believes what he says and has managed to construct an impenetrable edifice of belief for which no falsification is possible. I don't see him as any different from any other religious person. This should act as a warning to anyone who allows belief into their lives.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greta wrote:

He's a complete nut-job.

He never knew his father, and lived alone with his mum who it seemed to me was a really nice lady. She was always nice to me anyway. They were close, beyond that I'd not want to speculate.
He was clumsy with the opposite sex. His looks were unusual - are unusual. He has changed very little, and his hairline started to go really young. In fact he had a sort of 'balding' appearance as long as I knew him. Long face, deep voice, slim boney.

All that stuff about Mum working for MI5 is PURE fantasy. They lived in rented accomodation next to Preston Park and his Mum had an office job in Brighton. They were not well off, and his jumpers were often threadbare. I think he even claimed free school meals, as I did at the time.
I cannot speak for his grandfather, but I think it unlikely he was a diplomat to the UN!
Last edited by Hobbes' Choice on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.