The Passing of Charles H. Wadanabe

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: The Passing of Charles H. Wadanabe

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dalek Prime wrote: Somewhere between Wadanabe and the bench, I presume. No wonder the fool could never reach it.
:lol:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote: Somewhere between Wadanabe and the bench, I presume. No wonder the fool could never reach it.
That would depend on how close he needed to be to sit on the bench, granted he would never get to the bench, but when he got close enough, he could turn around and sit on it.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:
That would depend on how close he needed to be to sit on the bench, granted he would never get to the bench, but when he got close enough, he could turn around and sit on it.
No. He could only turn and sit half way. :wink:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:
I suppose it would spoil the experiment, if he lost his balance and fell backwards onto the bench.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Isn't Davros already sitting down, or does he just have very short legs?
uwot

Post by uwot »

Well, the good news is that if Zeno of Elea, the inspiration for Charlie's experiment is right, Mr Wadanabe isn't dead, because in order to be dead, he would first have to be half dead, then half of that, and half of that and so on for an infinite series of halving that never quite reaches completely dead. Although, to be fair, he could still be very poorly.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Davros is imperfect. Davros must be exterminated.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: No. He could only turn and sit half way. :wink:
Well we knew that already, but wasn't the main reason, that he couldn't be upgraded. For example, weren't the first daleks restricted to a metal floor so that they could pick up power from it, and they couldn't go up stairs. I know the power problem was solved in later episodes, but did they ever work out stairs?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Well we knew that already, but wasn't the main reason, that he couldn't be upgraded. For example, weren't the first daleks restricted to a metal floor so that they could pick up power from it, and they couldn't go up stairs. I know the power problem was solved in later episodes, but did they ever work out stairs?
Oh yeah, they worked out the stairs in the newer series. But they didn't need to, as real Dalek's don't climb stairs; they level buildings. So much easier.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

I have just been notified that Charles H. Wadanabe is now under consideration for a NAS award in 2017 in the category Physical, Earth and Space Sciences for his scientific dedication to truth above and beyond the call of duty. A party is being planned for the farm which will include home made wine. The name Charles H. Wadanabe will go down in history as the man officially recognized for getting half way there.

http://www.nasonline.org/programs/award ... oogle.com/
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I think Arising should get an award for his 'sunlight' comment. :lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

thedoc wrote:... I know the power problem was solved in later episodes, but did they ever work out stairs?
Yup, they flew.

You not seen the revamped series? If not you've missed a treat.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote:
thedoc wrote:... I know the power problem was solved in later episodes, but did they ever work out stairs?
Yup, they flew.

You not seen the revamped series? If not you've missed a treat.
I watched the rebroadcast of the old series on PBS, but the new series is on cable or channels that I don't get. I don't have any intention of paying for cable, so I watch whatever I can pick up with an antenna.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Anyways, can we discuss Charles M. Schultz and 'Peanuts' instead?

By the by, they should have a Doctor Who episode, with Daleks controlled by cat brains. (OMG! As soon as I wrote this, four(!) cats peacefully converged near me! How rare is that?)

I don't believe that it means anything, but in the past few months, if I think of something, no matter how mundane or bizarre, by the next day, someone will mention it. What a weird synchronicity. This cat thing is just the latest.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dalek, Charles H Wadanabe was an admirer of Charles M. Schulz. He was moved by this quote and decided to conduct a scientific experiment to unify mankind in the knowledge that regardless of the platitudes we are always getting half way there. Perhaps, he reasoned, if people appreciated their hopeless position it would become unnecessary to hate another. So the now legendary Charles H. Wadanabe dedicated his experiment to the cause of world peace.
“I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand!!” ― Charles M. Schulz, The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 5: 1959-1960