What is a quantum computer?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Cerveny

Re: What is a quantum computer?

Post by Cerveny »

Such as quantum operators acting (not locally) at whole space, brain synapses are capable of dynamical cross-cruise information field and find / define at first sight obscure context. Now here synapses act as quantum elements dynamicaly finding / naming ("measuring") the discrete reality..., I believe:)
Last edited by Cerveny on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wtf

Post by wtf »

Cerveny wrote:Such as quantum operators acting (not locally) at whole space, brain synapses are capable of dynamical cross-cruise information field and find / define at first sight obscure context. Now here synapses act as quantum elements dynamicaly finding / naming ("measuring") the reality..., I believe:)
Oh, well now that you've explained it ...
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

Any computer (even equiped by quantum logic elements) is not able to spontaneously create new algorithm. See simply known example to Gauss sum numbers from 1 to 100. Dynamical synapses grouping, whole data space seeing (at once, not as a sequence) provides effective results...
wtf

Post by wtf »

Cerveny wrote:Any computer (even equiped by quantum logic elements) is not able to spontaneously create new algorithm. See simply known example to Gauss sum numbers from 1 to 100. Dynamical synapses grouping, whole data space seeing (at once, not as a sequence) provides effective results...
That's a misunderstanding of the famous story about Gauss. The algorithm was well known. The story is about how clever Gauss was as a young boy.

And (playing Devil's advocate) if a physical mechanism can not discover an algorithm ... how did Gauss do it?
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

Since he used "quantum computer" ... But excuse me, I meant more like "spontaneously use" instead of "spontaneously create" ...
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Blueprint for universal quantum computer. My only question is when?:

https://m.phys.org/news/2017-02-bluepri ... antum.html

PhilX

Update: This article answers my when question:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 58036.html
Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
wtf

Post by wtf »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Blueprint for universal quantum computer. My only question is when?:

https://m.phys.org/news/2017-02-bluepri ... antum.html
On the shelf at Best Buy in time for Christmas.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Personally NanoTech implemented Rod Logic and will be the next true revolution in Computing, a 'super'-computer in your pocket. If it happens that is.
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote:Personally NanoTech implemented Rod Logic and will be the next true revolution in Computing, a 'super'-computer in your pocket. If it happens that is.
You don't even have to go that far. Last year IBM announced that they will make their quantum computer (which is more powerful than a supercomputer) accessible to the general public.

PhilX
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:You don't even have to go that far. Last year IBM announced that they will make their quantum computer (which is more powerful than a supercomputer) accessible to the general public.

PhilX
Of course they will, but can I fit it in my pocket and use it for anything I want to do?
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:You don't even have to go that far. Last year IBM announced that they will make their quantum computer (which is more powerful than a supercomputer) accessible to the general public.

PhilX
Of course they will, but can I fit it in my pocket and use it for anything I want to do?
I believe you can access IBM's computer through the Internet so my answer is yes as long as you have a smartphone. Want me to look up the article and post it?

PhilX
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:I believe you can access IBM's computer through the Internet so my answer is yes as long as you have a smartphone. ...
:lol: And do what?
Want me to look up the article and post it?

PhilX
No.
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:I believe you can access IBM's computer through the Internet so my answer is yes as long as you have a smartphone. ...
:lol: And do what?
Want me to look up the article and post it?

PhilX
No.
"And do what?" You raised the question. Don't you know what you want to do?

PhilX
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:"And do what?" You raised the question. Don't you know what you want to do? ...
I do. I also know that 'accessing a quantum computer through your smart phone' is not the same as having a NanoTech Rod Logic machine in your pocket.
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:"And do what?" You raised the question. Don't you know what you want to do? ...
I do. I also know that 'accessing a quantum computer through your smart phone' is not the same as having a NanoTech Rod Logic machine in your pocket.
Let me ask you this then. What would you hope to gain through the Rod Logic device that you couldn't gain from a smartphone (which is available)?

PhilX