Is there really a single universe?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ken
Posts: 1928
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by ken » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:52 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 am
ken wrote:
How forceful do you really want Me to be in order for you to start learning what IS actually true

As you have already discovered all by your Self you are never going to learn unless you actually start paying attention
So when are you going to really start paying attention
Be as forceful as you like because that is the best way
'To you', you mean. From what I have observed most people do not like to be forced at all, for most things, including learning.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 am
Paying attention is not something instantaneous
That may be the case for you, but are you suggesting that is the same for every one?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 am
but instead something that happens slowly and gradually over time
But I have witnessed very young human beings paying far more attention, and instantaneously also, while the older ones have not even noticed what was going on nor even noticed what was being said.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 am
It began for me seven years ago and has been growing and developing ever since and shall carry on till the day I die
Why did paying attention only begin seven years ago? What caused you to only start paying attention at that time in your life?

surreptitious57
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 am

ken wrote:
So the reason WHY you were more attached in the first place is because the body is younger and again more detached the older the body gets

Does this happen for ALL human beings
I was thinking more of my mind than my body since I am more free within my mind now than in the past as I have either learned to let go or have
naturally let go. I am not sure which it is but it does not matter. Letting go has helped me overcome my fear of death so now it matters not when
I die. Life is merely a tiny blip between non existence and death. I do not know if this happens for all human beings I only know it happens for me

surreptitious57
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:06 am

ken wrote:
Why did paying attention only begin seven years ago
After becoming atheist I became interested in serious subject matter particularly science and philosophy
I never paid any attention to either up until then but am now glad that I do since I have learned so much

ken
Posts: 1928
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by ken » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:06 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 am
ken wrote:
So the reason WHY you were more attached in the first place is because the body is younger and again more detached the older the body gets

Does this happen for ALL human beings
I was thinking more of my mind than my body since I am more free within my mind now than in the past as I have either learned to let go or have
naturally let go.
How many times do I have to tell you that there is NO such thing as 'my mind'. There is only one Mind. How forceful do I have to be to make to understand this fact? When will you ever start really paying attention?

I have already shown numerous times how you are wrong, without being forceful at all, by just asking you simple questions that you are unable to answer, like, "How exactly are 'you' more free within 'your' mind?" "What are 'you' in relation to 'your mind'?" "How do you propose any or all of this could happen and take place?" "Why do you NOT know what you have learned?" You say you have either learned to let go or have naturally let go, which one is it? "What have you 'let go' of exactly?" "How does a so called "mind" get older?" "How could the so called "mind" get older and not the body?"

Now, you already know that I do not like being forceful at all. I allow you to learn as fast or as slow as you like. That is WHY I ask questions on here. If you study your answers and/or non-answers correctly, then you will begin to learn and see the truth far more by your self. You have already learned, by your self, that you need to start paying more attention. I did not force you to learn that. You learned that all by your self. Now let us see if you put what you learned, and know, in to practice. "Practice makes perfect", as they say.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 am
I am not sure which it is but it does not matter.
Of course it matters. If you do NOT know what is happening within your own head, then there is not much real use in talking like you do know.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 am
Letting go has helped me overcome my fear of death
I already KNOW the answer, but let us see if you do, "Why would you, and why did you, even have a fear of death in the first place?"
surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 am
so now it matters not when
I die.
Does not matter to who?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 am
Life is merely a tiny blip between non existence and death.
Are you doing the typical human being here and only looking at 'life', and 'death', from one's own personal self's point of view?

It never ceases to amaze Me how selfish human beings are, on both a personal level and a collective level.

On a trivial note, were you aware that words like the 'after life' and the 'hereafter' are NOT in relation to one human being nor to human beings collectively at all?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 am
I do not know if this happens for all human beings I only know it happens for me
Well when the words 'very naturally' are used, it would generally be in the sense of for every thing or for a particular species in question, otherwise if some thing was "very naturally" occurring to one person only and not for others, then they are putting them self above, beyond, or outside of others or vice versa.

So, let us see if I have this right. 'You', (whoever that is), is more detached, (from what we have not yet defined), because 'your' (again whoever that is) "mind" (a function of the brain) gets older. And, 'you' (whoever) is more free within 'your' (whoever) "mind" (function of brain) now, than in the past, because you have either learned to let go (of what we do not know yet, but whatever you let go of helped you overcome of your fear of death), which you may not have actually learned to let go (of that whatever it is) and that letting go just naturally happens anyway. Have I got this somewhat right? I hope so, and I hope this is clearing things up for others.

You write, "I do not know", but you also write in such a way as though you are trying to express, "I do know". You do know "this" happens to you, but you seem somewhat very unsure of what "this" actually is.

What is going on here is EXACTLY how the Mind and the brain work, and how they can be in total contradiction of each other. This being another perfect example for what it is that I want to express. Even to the point of Me asking you if you want to learn more about how the Mind and the brain work, and how even if you say yes you still show absolutely no interest.

ken
Posts: 1928
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by ken » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:17 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:06 am
ken wrote:
Why did paying attention only begin seven years ago
After becoming atheist I became interested in serious subject matter particularly science and philosophy
So, you changed one belief for another belief, and accordingly you now look at what is right and only see what is true and correct. It is funny how all people think, believe, and/or say they do this.

Obviously changing beliefs has helped you to now discover the "serious matter", and so you are now only looking at and seeing what "really matters". Every 'other matter' is of course not serious, only trivial, unimportant, and superficial "matter", and therefore not even really worthy of being looked at, is this correct?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:06 am
I never paid any attention to either up until then but am now glad that I do since I have learned so much
You could learn FAR MORE if you stopped believing completely and remained fully OPEN. But I will NOT force the issue. I can only suggest trying some thing. You are free to do whatever you wish to do though.

surreptitious57
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:28 am

ken wrote:
How many times do I have to tell you that there is NO such thing as my mind? There is only one Mind. How
forceful do I have to be to make you understand this fact? When will you ever start really paying attention
I know that you think or know that there is no such thing as anyones mind but I do not think or know this
There is no need to keep repeating the fact that you think or know this since I already know that you do

ken
Posts: 1928
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by ken » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:51 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:28 am
ken wrote:
How many times do I have to tell you that there is NO such thing as my mind? There is only one Mind. How
forceful do I have to be to make you understand this fact? When will you ever start really paying attention
I know that you think or know that there is no such thing as anyones mind but I do not think or know this
There is no need to keep repeating the fact that you think or know this since I already know that you do
How then do I be forceful in teaching you some thing, especially when you show absolutely no interest in learning?

surreptitious57
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:53 am

ken wrote:
Are you doing the typical human being here and only looking at life and death from ones own personal selfs point of view

It never ceases to amaze Me how selfish human beings are on both a personal level and a collective level
Given how what I described was from my own perspective well obviously it was my personal point of view
I cannot speak from anyone elses perspective only my own. That is just a simple statement of fact which
does not automatically mean it is selfish though sometimes it can be. Your amazement at the selfishness
of human beings is not an emotional reaction I share as I am never amazed at anything human beings do

surreptitious57
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:11 am

ken wrote:
Obviously changing beliefs has helped you to now discover the serious matter and so you are now only looking at and seeing what really matters

Every other matter is of course not serious only trivial unimportant and superficial
I do not do belief and so have not changed one belief for another. I do not believe God exists but nor I do not believe he does not exist either
All serious subject matter is worthy of study regardless of whatever it is so I do not think any of them are trivial or unimportant or superficial

ken
Posts: 1928
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by ken » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:19 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:53 am
ken wrote:
Are you doing the typical human being here and only looking at life and death from ones own personal selfs point of view

It never ceases to amaze Me how selfish human beings are on both a personal level and a collective level
Given how what I described was from my own perspective well obviously it was my personal point of view
I cannot speak from anyone elses perspective only my own.
I was not speaking about speaking from other's points of view, I was speaking of only looking at and speaking about 'life' from one's own self and from that point of view instead of looking at 'Life', Itself.

To Me, when looking at the word 'life' (and 'death') from one's own perspective instead of from the overall perspective is selfish.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:53 am
That is just a simple statement of fact which
does not automatically mean it is selfish though sometimes it can be.
If a person is looking at 'life' and 'death' with only them in the viewpoint, then what is it if it is not self-ish?

If it is not thinking about one's self only, then what is it?
surreptitious57 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:53 am
Your amazement at the selfishness
of human beings is not an emotional reaction I share as I am never amazed at anything human beings do
And your point is very valid, as I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it. However, i still allowed the human being perspective of emotions get in to what I wrote. I also allowed the human being habit of impatience get in the way of expressing that what I really wanted to write.

surreptitious57
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:24 am

This thread is no longer about the original subject matter and has not been for some time and we are the only two
still posting in it and so therefore I am going to vacate it for those reasons though it was interesting while it lasted

Dontaskme
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by Dontaskme » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:02 am

Getting back to the thread topic ...


Question: Is there really a single universe?

Answer: One would have to show evidence of a definitive border to the universe in order to answer that question correctly.

What was the point to the question (Is there really a single universe?) ???

.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Is there really a single universe?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:26 am

Well duh obviously.

The universe is defined as "all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos."
That means, that however big multiplicitus, or deep it is, the universe is all that there can be, by definition.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests