Scientific Facts In The Quran

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kayla

Re: Scientific Facts In The Quran

Post by Kayla »

Khalid wrote:Is there a materialistic evidence or proof of the evolution ? isn't it called "theory" ?
we have already covered this

a scientific theory is the best available explanation for observations

so saying dismissively that something is just a theory indicates severe ignorance
Muhammad prophet said that the primitive people were taller , bigger in size , and with longer ages , and the more time goes and generations are born the size of human shrinks and man lives shorter , and today many studies and researches are confirming this fact and those studies say mankind become more and more weak with time yet they become more intelligent and more Processing to development with it's shapes and fields
actually people are living longer

the life expectancy at birth in medieval europe was something like 25

people also are becoming bigger and stronger

a man of average height and built today would need an XXL large suit of armor in the middle ages
why don't we generate a human being into the primitive chimpanzee shape with all the genetic engineering development we have today ?
why would we want to
there was never an absolute nothing from which the cosmos sprung into existence.
this goes well beyond questions addressed by biology
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Khalid wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:Prove an allah exists. Go ahead, this I have got to see.
Now you want me to prove God , the answer is simple , creation = creator , life and existence = source of life and existence . Look to the animals , plants , trees , mountains , rivers , seas , oceans , minerals , all the things that we use , even the accurate system of the whole universe , environment and everything around . Also the accuracy of human's body and functions . It would be disregard to say it's all just a coincidence , it would be arrogant to deny God .
The above proofs are inferred based on induction, the principle of cause and effect, and pure reason (the logic of illusion). According to Hume, the principle of induction, cause and effect are not absolute knowledge but impulses arising from customs, habit and psychological drives.
According to Kant, the above proofs are baseless empirically and God is merely a logical (dialectical) illusion, a falsehood albeit a useful white lie.

Basically, the belief in god is based on faith, i.e. beliefs without justifiable reason and proofs. As Kierkegaard advocated, God is something which fallible humans need as a belief and a crutch, even it is absurb, fantasy, illusion or a lie.

Whatever is stated in the Quran and any holy texts which has some scientific basis, is co-incidental and insignificant to the existing body of scientific knowledge. The often association of some verses in the Quran with scientific facts is merely to reinforce the believers' psychological insecurities due to a subconscious and intuitive knowing that the existence of a god and his holy texts is a lie and doubtful. The Taoists, Hindus, Buddhists texts has many verses that are relevant and supported by Science, but their believers do go about bragging about it like the Muslims with their Quranic verses.
Khalid

Post by Khalid »

Kayla wrote:we have already covered this

a scientific theory is the best available explanation for observations

so saying dismissively that something is just a theory indicates severe ignorance
It doesn't have strong proven evidences that make all people believe it and it's denied by thousands of famous biologists.
And generally it's a very complicated topic with many complicated details and I'm not a biologist but I'm a normal human being and If I have two things to choose , the first one says that I was created an honored intelligent human being and the other says I'm originally an animal then I choose to believe that I'm an honored thinking human being created in an amazing shape and given the mind by amazing creator .
As God says "We have indeed created man in the best of moulds,"
By the way have not you said that you are a religious christian believing in Adam and Eve ?
actually people are living longer

the life expectancy at birth in medieval europe was something like 25

people also are becoming bigger and stronger

a man of average height and built today would need an XXL large suit of armor in the middle ages
You didn't understand what I meant by the word "primitive people" , I was not talking about people of the middle ages , I mean people who lived thousands of years ago maybe 10000-20000 , the ancient Egyptians were bigger in size than people of today and with more strong built and they didn't have machines with buttons to use in building the pyramids and pulling tons weight of stones and if you go back in time people were more and more stronger , maybe infectious diseases played an effective role in making expectancy of people shorter in the middle ages compared to 21th century that's considered a special case due to medical and technological development we have today . But all in all the primitive people were stronger and taller I think .
Khalid wrote:why don't we generate a human being into the primitive chimpanzee shape with all the genetic engineering development we have today ?
If we really evolved from Chimpanzee ,we shall make a woman put a baby in the original primitive shape with a tail , that can be possible with some genetic engineering .
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Khalid wrote:...
If we really evolved from Chimpanzee ,we shall make a woman put a baby in the original primitive shape with a tail , that can be possible with some genetic engineering .
No-one, apart from the religious, say we evolved from the Chimpanzee. The Chimps are our cousins and from a DNA evolutionary perceptive they are more evolved than us as they and the pygmy chimp have a later DNA split from a common ancestor of a common ancestor that we once shared. We are all Primates, man is a Primate alongside the others Apes, we are, if you like, another 'chimp' not descended from the Chimps.
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

Arising_uk wrote:
Khalid wrote:...
No-one, apart from the religious, say we evolved from the Chimpanzee. The Chimps are our cousins and from a DNA evolutionary perceptive they are more evolved than us as they and the pygmy chimp have a later DNA split from a common ancestor of a common ancestor that we once shared. We are all Primates, man is a Primate alongside the others Apes, we are, if you like, another 'chimp' not descended from the Chimps.
No one who knows evolutionary theory would write that the chimps are "more evolved than us." We share a common ancestor with them and there is about 12 million years of "evolutionary time" that separates us. They are not as smart as we are, not even close, and since they were evolving over the same time period, there is no way they are "more evolved."
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

ForgedinHell wrote:I agree with you that arguments for the existence of god are usually quite bad and are misguided.

If you agree with that, if you don't mind me asking, then why do you believe in a god?
it is difficult to answer that without coming across as a loonie at least outside of the rural southern usa and the appalachians

in my neck of the woods if someone asks something like

why did you decided to accept the offer of admission from harvard rather than yale

and the other person answers i prayed to god and i got my answer i should go to harvard

many people will see this as a reasonable answer

gods presence can be felt and it is possible to talk to god

one thing that people should generally avoid is using 'god told me' as a justification especially for things that affect others

so if god tells you to go to harvard rather than yale it is not especially important that you figure out what reasons there may be for this decision that do not involve god

but if god tells you to accept a new job and uproot your family and move them all to Newark - do not be lazy, figure out why and if you cant maybe you should think and pray some more

now at least in my experience god in any case suggests not commands

and asking god to help you concentrate on the more boring parts of the homework does help i know that firsthand

now you can easily say that this is all in my head

charles pierce might say that there is no real disagreement since there are no empirical facts that may solve this disagreement

i am not sure what else i can say without coming across as even more of a loonie
Oh, and I do believe in Spinoza's God, so on occasion, I get called a religious nutter by atheists.
now i will get called a religious nutter by everyone here
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

Kayla wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:I agree with you that arguments for the existence of god are usually quite bad and are misguided.

If you agree with that, if you don't mind me asking, then why do you believe in a god?
it is difficult to answer that without coming across as a loonie at least outside of the rural southern usa and the appalachians

in my neck of the woods if someone asks something like

why did you decided to accept the offer of admission from harvard rather than yale

and the other person answers i prayed to god and i got my answer i should go to harvard

many people will see this as a reasonable answer

gods presence can be felt and it is possible to talk to god

one thing that people should generally avoid is using 'god told me' as a justification especially for things that affect others

so if god tells you to go to harvard rather than yale it is not especially important that you figure out what reasons there may be for this decision that do not involve god

but if god tells you to accept a new job and uproot your family and move them all to Newark - do not be lazy, figure out why and if you cant maybe you should think and pray some more

now at least in my experience god in any case suggests not commands

and asking god to help you concentrate on the more boring parts of the homework does help i know that firsthand

now you can easily say that this is all in my head

charles pierce might say that there is no real disagreement since there are no empirical facts that may solve this disagreement

i am not sure what else i can say without coming across as even more of a loonie
Oh, and I do believe in Spinoza's God, so on occasion, I get called a religious nutter by atheists.
Why should I call you a nutter? There is an entire religion that shares your concept of god, it's called Judaism. Not all Jews share this view, but most reform Jews do. The secret word to look for in the Torah is "Hineni." It means "here I am." This is what the prophets all said immediately after god spoke to them. Now, why would they do that? They are already speaking to god, so god knows where they are. The word is said because the source of god is inside the person, not outside. God speaks through the person, god is in the person, a divine energy. Now, combine this idea with Exodus 3:13, when Moses asks god its name. Most people mistakenly think god answered with a Popeye song, "I am what I am." But, for the Jews, god stated, "I am what I am becoming." God is not a noun for the Jews, but a verb, god is changing, evolving. God changes as we change our conception of god. As we develop, as generations evolve, so does god, because our conception of god changes. For many Jews, god is as real as you believe god to be. God could be your conscience, or something more, but it is up to the individual to come up with her own conception. This is why many rabbis give a sly, knowing look, when a rabid atheist is telling them off for believing an invisible man in the sky exists. Most reform rabbis don't believe that, but the rabbi won't waste his or her time trying to explain what god means for Jews.
now i will get called a religious nutter by everyone here
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Khalid wrote: It doesn't have strong proven evidences that make all people believe it and it's denied by thousands of famous biologists.
no it is not we have already covered this

there are some biologists who deny it but they offer thoroughly unscientific arguments like irreducible complexity
By the way have not you said that you are a religious christian believing in Adam and Eve ?
i am a christian but i am not a biblical literalist
I mean people who lived thousands of years ago maybe 10000-20000 , the ancient Egyptians were bigger in size than people of today and with more strong built
where are you getting this
the soviets at one point had a plan to gross breed humans and chimps but they gave up on that

the question i have is why would anyone want to do anything like this

also we did not evolve from chimps, we already covered that try to keep up
VoidEra

Post by VoidEra »

I'll add another fact, almost every if not all beings are created from water..written in Quran.

I'll say this once; Quran c-a-n-n-o-t be proven wrong, I dare you :twisted:

oh btw, proving something wrong with a THEORY(like monkey evolution lolol) makes you no better than the "deluded bedioun" you have in picture.

Advice before you do research : perception =/= knowledge