Is it moral to kill when a cure options is available?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Is it moral to kill when a cure options is available?

Post by Greatest I am »

marjoramblues wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
marjoramblues wrote:

I don't think so. Someone who chooses to put forward a dissenting point of view is not necessarily dogmatic or a God-believer..
True. But he would be quite an immoral person and I have no time for such.
Even if someone who disagrees is the biggest baddest boggiest son-of-a-bitch, do you think that it is right to deny them their voice, especially on a philo forum ? Some thought Socrates and Christ to be wicked but weren't they worthy of respect ?

If we have no time for people who think differently to ourselves; then we, stuck in dogma, miss out on opportunities for progress.

Full, frank and fearless discussion. I think John Stuart Mill had something to say about that...
No argument.

Let me clarify.
My original statement was designed more to have people think of the morality of the issue before replying more than to chase them away.

Jesus was chastised by his disciples for hanging out with the publicans. His reply was that he as a teacher had a duty to turn the evil ones, not to just hang with those who were already good. My intent was just to not have pure dogma thrown at me.

I do take the time for most comers.

Regards
DL
marjoramblues

Post by marjoramblues »

Thanks, DL, for the clarification.
Interesting ( at least to me :D ) how our discussion developed; so glad that I overcame my initial negative thoughts and responded despite your saying not to ! As if saying that would chase any dogmatic people away anyway !
It still seems to me that you only wish to hang with people who agree with you; stay in moral isolation.
But for now, I'm at the end of this particular line...

Your thoughts have now got me heading in a Mills/Machiavelli direction. Gotta love this place !
Best -
MB
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

marjoramblues wrote:Thanks, DL, for the clarification.
Interesting ( at least to me :D ) how our discussion developed; so glad that I overcame my initial negative thoughts and responded despite your saying not to ! As if saying that would chase any dogmatic people away anyway !
It still seems to me that you only wish to hang with people who agree with you; stay in moral isolation.
But for now, I'm at the end of this particular line...

Your thoughts have now got me heading in a Mills/Machiavelli direction. Gotta love this place !
Best -
MB
Later buddy.

Regards
DL
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Not breeding cures future deaths. Cure before kill. You may not like it, but it works. Life is the sine qua non of death. Do you wish to debate this statement?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dalek Prime wrote:Not breeding cures future deaths. Cure before kill. You may not like it, but it works. Life is the sine qua non of death. Do you wish to debate this statement?
No.

Regards
DL