Does God ---- Do unto others?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

There are many instances in scriptures where God does not follow the golden rule.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

In the sacrifice of Jesus, God demanded that Jesus bear the sins of the wicked who will repent.

This is hardly doing unto others or following the advice of scriptures.
----------------------------------
Matthew 25:41 (Jesus speaking): Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Hell can hardly be called a good thing. This again is hardly Jesus doing unto others or following the advice of scriptures.
-----------------------------------

Does the God you know follow the golden rule?

How can he be doing so when a good God would find a good and moral way to convert instead the draconian methods he seems to use that go against the golden rule and his own good advice in his scriptures?

Regards
DL
lancek4

Re: Does God ---- Do unto others?

Post by lancek4 »

Do unto others as you would have then do unto you.
If you would not have them doing unto you, what is it about you that is not allowing it?
If I have faith in God, then whatevr occurs is unto me. Even as I may have been done upon it is God that is doing what is unto me, as I have faith. It is the sin of not haveing faith that brings the condition of doing unto others that I would not have them do to me.
Thus your question if based in a position of not having faith, and so contradicts the premise of whether God follows the Rule.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

lancek4 wrote:Do unto others as you would have then do unto you.
If you would not have them doing unto you, what is it about you that is not allowing it?
If I have faith in God, then whatevr occurs is unto me. Even as I may have been done upon it is God that is doing what is unto me, as I have faith. It is the sin of not haveing faith that brings the condition of doing unto others that I would not have them do to me.
Thus your question if based in a position of not having faith, and so contradicts the premise of whether God follows the Rule.
What?

Regards
DL
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Greatest I am wrote:
What?

Regards
DL
What he means is that if you can't do anything unto God, then it is pointless asking "does God, do unto others."
It seems god can do what the fuck he likes. He can't ask if what he does "would have them do unto him", because those he does unto do not have the power to do unto God.
I can't see what your problem understanding this is!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

chaz wyman wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
What?

Regards
DL
What he means is that if you can't do anything unto God, then it is pointless asking "does God, do unto others."
It seems god can do what the fuck he likes. He can't ask if what he does "would have them do unto him", because those he does unto do not have the power to do unto God.
Perhaps because you do not understand that I do have that power unless you are talking about something supernatural.

Because I can do unto God what I would have others, including God, do unto me.

Regards
DL
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Greatest I am wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Perhaps because you do not understand that I do have that power unless you are talking about something supernatural.

Because I can do unto God what I would have others, including God, do unto me.

Regards
DL
You are claiming you have the power to do unto god?
I feel an unsubscribe coming on....
..nameless..

Post by ..nameless.. »

Greatest I am wrote:Does God ---- Do unto others?
"Others"? You mean "others" than God?
What does Omni- mean to you?
There are many instances in scriptures where God does not follow the golden rule.
And Moses didn't obey traffic laws through the desert! So what? Where do you think that the 'golden rule' came from? And the correct translation is "Do not do to others what you don't want done to yourself!" And the Universe is, in this case, 'others'! Everything!
Does the God you know follow the golden rule?
Of course! Everyone that follows any rule is God following that rule. Omni! Everyone that has ever broken one of your 'rules' is God breaking a 'rule'!
How can he be doing so when a good God would find a good and moral way to convert instead the draconian methods he seems to use that go against the golden rule and his own good advice in his scriptures?
Now you understand. An Omni God is ALL good! and all bad! and all beautiful and all ugly and all judgment and all forgiving and all ego and all enlightenment and on ad-infinitum!
Omni!

If one reads the bible as metaphor, one doesn't end up choking on the imagined bones before gaining any insight at all!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

True.
What insight have you gleaned?

Regards
DL
..nameless..

Post by ..nameless.. »

Greatest I am wrote:True.
What a generous invitation to let this ego run amok! Hahahaha!!
I shall assume your's a sincere question, so I'll respond in kind.

One gleefully gleaned 'gleaning';

All love is 'Self!' love!
All judgment is 'Self!' judgment!
All hate is 'Self!' hate!
All knowledge is 'Self Knowledge'!!!

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart
ONE AND THE SAME!

The new, critically updated all inclusive definition of 'Knowledge' is; "that which is perceived"!
All knowledge is 'Self!' knowledge, every moment/percept of existence, all inclusive!

"Perhaps it is the curvature of space that, like a fun-house mirror distorting our own reflection, we imagine strangers." - Mythopoeicon

It's ALL True! Everything! We Are Truth!

tat tvam asi ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tat_Tvam_Asi)

Really, I'm a'gleaning all the time, every moment of existence is a moment of 'Self!' Knowledge!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

..nameless.. wrote:

IN OTHER WORDS IT"S ALL ME ME ME ME ME!!

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart
ONE AND THE SAME!

The new, critically updated all inclusive definition of 'Knowledge' is; "that which is perceived"!
All knowledge is 'Self!' knowledge, every moment/percept of existence, all inclusive!

"Perhaps it is the curvature of space that, like a fun-house mirror distorting our own reflection, we imagine strangers." - Mythopoeicon

Really, I'm a'gleaning all the time, every moment of existence is a moment of 'Self!' Knowledge!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

..nameless.. wrote:

ONE AND THE SAME!

I was sincere yes.

I see the bible as a book of wisdom that helped me force my apotheosis and I do have respect for it even as I use it against Christians.

You express what you have gleaned in a way that I would not but I think I follow you.

You sound Gnostic to me. Are you?
Or how do you label yourself if you do.

I have used Gnostic Christian naturalist as my closest label.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

chaz wyman wrote:[]
If you do not know your character, you will not know if your perceptions of anything you know is true.

Right?

Regards
DL
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Greatest I am wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:[]
If you do not know your character, you will not know if your perceptions of anything you know is true.

Right?

Regards
DL
Of course. But there is far more it the universe than me.
..nameless..

Post by ..nameless.. »

Greatest I am wrote:I see the bible as a book of wisdom that helped me force my apotheosis and I do have respect for it even as I use it against Christians.
You express what you have gleaned in a way that I would not but I think I follow you.
You sound Gnostic to me. Are you?
Or how do you label yourself if you do.
I have used Gnostic Christian naturalist as my closest label.
All Paths are one Path, eh?
The Gnostic perceives his reflection, the Xtian, his, the Taoist, his...
We are all One!
One Truth!
I cannot 'label' myself, for the more precise the 'label'/definition, the less of everything else that we are, and We ARE Everything else, also! one moment i am a sailor on a sailing ship, yet am I a sailor when I am forging hot steel into items of imagination and wonder? Sometimes I heal, sometimes I kill...
Not attached, I Am that I Am/We Are that We Are!
We are One OMNI 'Self!'!
There are those who happily label me, a whole spectrum, Hitler to Christ, and We are More!
So, I cannot draw a circle around Us (that is what ego does) and say that what is beyond such a flimsy border is 'not me'.
All that is ever perceived ('Known') is 'Self!'!
I could play the game, but all that I could say is that at this moment, I... appear... to be writing and thinking...
I tried, but I couldn't get out anything after the "I Am...!" (Too limiting! 'Omni' is too cool, anyway!)

I did read the Gnostic Gospels many years ago, but cannot claim much memory.
They were a small (tasty) entre' on a very large buffet of study! *__-
peace
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL