New Wine Into New Wineskins

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

New Wine Into New Wineskins

Post by Nick_A »

Jesus’ parables can be read with different qualities of understanding. They can be rejected outright or limited to worldly interpretations by the secular mind. The religious mind can interpret them literally and fall victim to self deception while some may begin to open to the depth they include. I know how at one time I totally underestimated the psychological depth of Jesus’ parables. For example, what does it mean to pour new wine into new wineskins?

These parables have on outer meaning but more importantly, an inner meaning I’ve learned for example that in the esoteric language of the Bible the concept of truth can be expressed as stone, water, and wine. Stone is truth that touches the outer man. It is literal truth but does not penetrate into the inner man. The Commandments are etched in stone and given to the outer man. Water or living water is truth that can be digested psychologically so as to nourish the inner man. When it is changed to wine its spiritual qualities can be communicated to another

Matthew 9: 14-17
14 Then John’s disciples came and asked him, “How is it that we and the Pharisees fast often, but your disciples do not fast?”
15 Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast.
16 “No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. 17 Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”
New wine is a quality of psychological knowledge unnatural and unnecessary for human existence in the world. It arouses the inner or spiritual man and the desire to “live” to consciously evolve in the direction of our Source
It is natural for secular man to interpret new wine in the established secular way. From this perspective it can do more harm than good through misguided interpretations. So as I understand it, new wine must be put into new wineskins or the New Mind described by Paul. But what is the new mind that cannot fall victim to self deception? Any ideas?

Romans 12: 2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.