Dreams

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 991
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Dreams

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Dreams in many cultures are associated with the divine. With this as a premise let me state a few questions.

Does anyone have any experiences where they wake up from a strange dream with markings on their body? The other night I had a strange, elusive dream, where I was on a table surrounded by a group of men who, above all things, were messing with my elbow. I wake up the following morning, brush my teeth, and look to find a triangular burn on my elbow. I cannot recall if I bumped into something the day prior and it was an unobserved mark, but upon observation the triangle is almost perfect. I cannot recall the source of where it came from, other than during the dream.


Anyone with similar experiences?

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Dreams

Post by -1- » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:16 am

The other day I had a new birth-mark-like thing on my left thigh. It was shaped like a stylized image of a comet: it was star-shaped (nearly perfectly shaped five-pronged star), and it was followed by what comic strip artist call "swoosh" lines.

It lasted four days. Then, it scratched off. Apparently it as a blood clot in one of the deeper layers of my skin, and it was pushed toward the surface, until it came there, and that's when I scratched it off.

But there had been no dreams preceding it, immediately or long-time ago.

It just came and went on its own. No foretelling, no after-telling. Nothing. No divine insight, whisper, or wisdom. No special powers. No food, no drinks, no quarters.

I took some pictures of it.

In your case, JohnDoe7, I believe that the aliens have marked you for enslavement. Or for retrieval. Whatever. If you get sucked out of existence in this universe, and your landlady will find only your empty PJs on the bed, she should know. Make sure you tell her that any day now you'll be transferred to a different dimension, so she could look for a new tenant, because you'll need to leave without any notice. As such, could she please refund you your last week's prepaid rent. NOW.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2333
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dreams

Post by attofishpi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm

-1- wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:16 am
The other day I had a new birth-mark-like thing on my left thigh. It was shaped like a stylized image of a comet: it was star-shaped (nearly perfectly shaped five-pronged star), and it was followed by what comic strip artist call "swoosh" lines.

It lasted four days. Then, it scratched off. Apparently it as a blood clot in one of the deeper layers of my skin, and it was pushed toward the surface, until it came there, and that's when I scratched it off.
Sounds like you may have watched the awesome film 'Cloud Atlas'.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2333
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dreams

Post by attofishpi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:08 pm
Dreams in many cultures are associated with the divine. With this as a premise let me state a few questions.

Does anyone have any experiences where they wake up from a strange dream with markings on their body? The other night I had a strange, elusive dream, where I was on a table surrounded by a group of men who, above all things, were messing with my elbow. I wake up the following morning, brush my teeth, and look to find a triangular burn on my elbow. I cannot recall if I bumped into something the day prior and it was an unobserved mark, but upon observation the triangle is almost perfect. I cannot recall the source of where it came from, other than during the dream.


Anyone with similar experiences?
I know that God/'God' can project dreams to us. I have had many lucid dreams (where I know full well that I am in a dream at the time.)
One time, I met my sage, while I walked up to the wall and starting scratching the paint off of the wall, and I was looking at my feet and jumping up and down and stating to myself 'wow, this is so real'

In 1997 when God first started making itself aware of its existence I had a rash that was a perfect triangle.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Dreams

Post by -1- » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:30 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm
Sounds like you may have watched the awesome film 'Cloud Atlas'.
I rented Cloud Atlas some time ago. I could not watch it to the end... I thought it was absolute crap.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 991
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Dreams

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:44 pm

-1- wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:16 am
The other day I had a new birth-mark-like thing on my left thigh. It was shaped like a stylized image of a comet: it was star-shaped (nearly perfectly shaped five-pronged star), and it was followed by what comic strip artist call "swoosh" lines.

It lasted four days. Then, it scratched off. Apparently it as a blood clot in one of the deeper layers of my skin, and it was pushed toward the surface, until it came there, and that's when I scratched it off.

But there had been no dreams preceding it, immediately or long-time ago.

It just came and went on its own. No foretelling, no after-telling. Nothing. No divine insight, whisper, or wisdom. No special powers. No food, no drinks, no quarters.

I took some pictures of it.

In your case, JohnDoe7, I believe that the aliens have marked you for enslavement. Or for retrieval. Whatever.
"Strange lights", "disks" and "Hovering birds" have been seen by both neighbors and relatives in the fields behind my house and along the tree line of the property. I haven't seen any, but my room has lit up for no reason before, along with several of my neighbors. Giant bright white light emanates from everything, no shadow is produced, and that is it. I went to eye doctor, psychologist, etc. for opinions and they admit they could give no explanation considering the circumstances. They don't know, I don't know, nobody knows.

Worst case scenario, I lost my mind, and I am given a perpetual drug induced high the rest of my life. It's a Win-Win scenario.


If you get sucked out of existence in this universe, and your landlady will find only your empty PJs on the bed, she should know. Make sure you tell her that any day now you'll be transferred to a different dimension, so she could look for a new tenant, because you'll need to leave without any notice. As such, could she please refund you your last week's prepaid rent. NOW.

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Dreams

Post by Greta » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm

-1- wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:30 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm
Sounds like you may have watched the awesome film 'Cloud Atlas'.
I rented Cloud Atlas some time ago. I could not watch it to the end... I thought it was absolute crap.
I love the Wachowski's movies, including Cloud Atlas, but the movie needed subtitles because I struggle to translate Americanese into English at the best of times, let alone when Ton Hanks is speaking an odd post-English pidgin later in the film.

Can't contribute to the thread topic, though. I rarely remember dreams. Dreams have a tendency to hook into sensations and create scenarios around them. Often noises, things spoken, heat and cold are woven into our dreams. So while dreaming your brain was dealing with a narrative involving these men. However, as you sleep, your elbow is pressing on something a bit uncomfortably.

So the brain, as it always does, gives you a message to say that your elbow needs attention. When awake, the narrative would be you noticing your elbow pressing against something. While asleep, the brain needs to find something in the content of your dream to explain the sensation in your elbow, so it "recruits" the dream characters to bring on the sensation.

That's my guess.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 991
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Dreams

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Greta wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm
-1- wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:30 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm
Sounds like you may have watched the awesome film 'Cloud Atlas'.
I rented Cloud Atlas some time ago. I could not watch it to the end... I thought it was absolute crap.
I love the Wachowski's movies, including Cloud Atlas, but the movie needed subtitles because I struggle to translate Americanese into English at the best of times, let alone when Ton Hanks is speaking an odd post-English pidgin later in the film.

Can't contribute to the thread topic, though. I rarely remember dreams. Dreams have a tendency to hook into sensations and create scenarios around them. Often noises, things spoken, heat and cold are woven into our dreams. So while dreaming your brain was dealing with a narrative involving these men. However, as you sleep, your elbow is pressing on something a bit uncomfortably.

So the brain, as it always does, gives you a message to say that your elbow needs attention. When awake, the narrative would be you noticing your elbow pressing against something. While asleep, the brain needs to find something in the content of your dream to explain the sensation in your elbow, so it "recruits" the dream characters to bring on the sensation.

That's my guess.
Definite possibility, but I cannot figure what it would press against other than the mattress itself. Under those circumstances it would have to be very hard. It is one logical possibility: sleep "struggle".

Doesn't account for why it is perfect triangle, and if it does the probabilities appear low...emphasis on the word "appear".

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Dreams

Post by Greta » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:35 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm
Greta wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm
-1- wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:30 pm
I rented Cloud Atlas some time ago. I could not watch it to the end... I thought it was absolute crap.
I love the Wachowski's movies, including Cloud Atlas, but the movie needed subtitles because I struggle to translate Americanese into English at the best of times, let alone when Ton Hanks is speaking an odd post-English pidgin later in the film.

Can't contribute to the thread topic, though. I rarely remember dreams. Dreams have a tendency to hook into sensations and create scenarios around them. Often noises, things spoken, heat and cold are woven into our dreams. So while dreaming your brain was dealing with a narrative involving these men. However, as you sleep, your elbow is pressing on something a bit uncomfortably.

So the brain, as it always does, gives you a message to say that your elbow needs attention. When awake, the narrative would be you noticing your elbow pressing against something. While asleep, the brain needs to find something in the content of your dream to explain the sensation in your elbow, so it "recruits" the dream characters to bring on the sensation.

That's my guess.
Definite possibility, but I cannot figure what it would press against other than the mattress itself. Under those circumstances it would have to be very hard. It is one logical possibility: sleep "struggle".

Doesn't account for why it is perfect triangle, and if it does the probabilities appear low...emphasis on the word "appear".
Maybe pressure against folds in the sheets or folds in the material of your PJs, if you wear them?

seeds
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: Dreams

Post by seeds » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:22 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:08 pm
Dreams in many cultures are associated with the divine. With this as a premise let me state a few questions.

Does anyone have any experiences where they wake up from a strange dream with markings on their body? The other night I had a strange, elusive dream, where I was on a table surrounded by a group of men who, above all things, were messing with my elbow. I wake up the following morning, brush my teeth, and look to find a triangular burn on my elbow. I cannot recall if I bumped into something the day prior and it was an unobserved mark, but upon observation the triangle is almost perfect. I cannot recall the source of where it came from, other than during the dream.
Not meaning to Scully your Mulderian mystery, but ruling-out that you were literally on a table surrounded by a group of men messing with your elbow...

...and ruling-out that the dream was a strangely configured premonition of your inevitable morning glance of it (the mark) while brushing your teeth...

...then as Greta suggested, it is more likely that your mind subconsciously registered a mark-causing event that you were unaware of and then used its location as the premise for the night’s entertainment.

My own interpretation of the phenomena of dreams is that due to the fact that they are composed of the living fabric of our very own inner-being, coupled with the fact that they appear to be almost as “real” as the reality we experience outwardly...

...then to me, dreams represent a precursory glimpse of the ultimate potential of our minds wherein we will literally be able to create reality itself within ourselves.

The only catch is that in order for this ultimate potential to be fully realized, one must die. :shock:

(P.S., why is this in the “Philosophy of Religion” forum?)
_______

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Dreams

Post by -1- » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Greta wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm
the movie needed subtitles because I struggle to translate Americanese into English at the best of times, let alone when Ton Hanks is speaking an odd post-English pidgin later in the film.
Subtitles are always available on DVD movies and on TV shows. Turn on the menu, select "subtitles" and select "English". Bang, bob is your uncle.

At least this is the case with "region 1" movies. I don't know the available features in region n movies where n<>1.

Being uneducated in the North American system, I used to have problem getting Aussie accented movies. I could not understand also: Brit, Scot, and Pict accents.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 991
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Dreams

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:30 pm

seeds wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:22 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:08 pm
Dreams in many cultures are associated with the divine. With this as a premise let me state a few questions.

Does anyone have any experiences where they wake up from a strange dream with markings on their body? The other night I had a strange, elusive dream, where I was on a table surrounded by a group of men who, above all things, were messing with my elbow. I wake up the following morning, brush my teeth, and look to find a triangular burn on my elbow. I cannot recall if I bumped into something the day prior and it was an unobserved mark, but upon observation the triangle is almost perfect. I cannot recall the source of where it came from, other than during the dream.
Not meaning to Scully your Mulderian mystery, but ruling-out that you were literally on a table surrounded by a group of men messing with your elbow...

...and ruling-out that the dream was a strangely configured premonition of your inevitable morning glance of it (the mark) while brushing your teeth...

...then as Greta suggested, it is more likely that your mind subconsciously registered a mark-causing event that you were unaware of and then used its location as the premise for the night’s entertainment.

My own interpretation of the phenomena of dreams is that due to the fact that they are composed of the living fabric of our very own inner-being, coupled with the fact that they appear to be almost as “real” as the reality we experience outwardly...

...then to me, dreams represent a precursory glimpse of the ultimate potential of our minds wherein we will literally be able to create reality itself within ourselves.

The only catch is that in order for this ultimate potential to be fully realized, one must die. :shock:

(P.S., why is this in the “Philosophy of Religion” forum?)

Because of this very same answer I am about to give you. According your presented argument you seem to be arguing for the Taoist concept of the tulpa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa. If that is the case, then yes I agree, it is another logical possibility.

I personally believe that this ufo phenomena may in fact be linked to the concept of the tulpa. The question occurs do people believe in ufo's / spiritual phenomena, because they see what someone else believes, or is believing seeing?

Hence the thread in the religious section.

_______

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Dreams

Post by Greta » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:22 pm

-1- wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:40 pm
Greta wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm
the movie needed subtitles because I struggle to translate Americanese into English at the best of times, let alone when Ton Hanks is speaking an odd post-English pidgin later in the film.
Subtitles are always available on DVD movies and on TV shows. Turn on the menu, select "subtitles" and select "English". Bang, bob is your uncle.

At least this is the case with "region 1" movies. I don't know the available features in region n movies where n<>1.

Being uneducated in the North American system, I used to have problem getting Aussie accented movies. I could not understand also: Brit, Scot, and Pict accents.
Cheers -1-. Having played in loud bands for many years, I am accustomed to finding the subtitles setting in whatever medium.

I have trouble with Scottish accents too. I have a friend of almost 30 years and I still only understand three-quarters of what he says :)

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Dreams

Post by -1- » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:36 pm

Brits, Aussies, SoAfs, and Engs, Picts and Londoners also had horrible times understanding me. I lost a teaching job once in at a college partly because some English-born students complained to the administration that they could not understand a single word in my lectures.

I was easily fired as I was part-time temporary, not a professor, but just a lecturer. "Instructor", as they called us. It was a great job, paid like gold, and it had its temporary temptations that I had to resist. From time to time, some female (and some misguided male) students did walk up to me and said, "Teach, I would do ANYTHING to pass this course." I had to choose between which I wanted more: a soul, a job, or five minutes of fun. Unfortunately I lost my soul either way, it was no contest. And the job always won.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 991
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Dreams

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:46 pm

-1- wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:36 pm
Brits, Aussies, SoAfs, and Engs, Picts and Londoners also had horrible times understanding me. I lost a teaching job once in at a college partly because some English-born students complained to the administration that they could not understand a single word in my lectures.

I was easily fired as I was part-time temporary, not a professor, but just a lecturer. "Instructor", as they called us. It was a great job, paid like gold, and it had its temporary temptations that I had to resist. From time to time, some female (and some misguided male) students did walk up to me and said, "Teach, I would do ANYTHING to pass this course." I had to choose between which I wanted more: a soul, a job, or five minutes of fun. Unfortunately I lost my soul either way, it was no contest. And the job always won.
I laughed again when I read this because it is true, at least for what I have observed in university. Most of my family thinks I should pursue a master's, PhD, professorship...but I am too frank and honest. I will piss someone off in the first week...it is very tough not to offend millennials as they get offended over any and everything.

I will probably pursue it anyhow at one time or another just for the hell of it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greatest I am, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests