Racial basis of spiritual traditions

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Seleucus

Racial basis of spiritual traditions

Post by Seleucus »

Why did the Germanic peoples accepted Protestantism, the Romance speakers Catholicism, and the Slavic race Orthodox Christianity? The other, and much older branch of the Caucasian family, the Semites, rejected European Christianity with its Pagan elements: the Trinity and the immaculate conception, so that the Monophysite schism gave way to conversion of the Semites to Islam: an expression of the underlying worship of the ancient monotheistic sky god El and millennia of accumulation of imperial legalism. The great Western spiritual traditions such Hinduism, Buddhism and Zen seem to radiate the essence of the Indo-European peoples. How is it that spiritual traditions are based on and reflect the essence of the races?

http://www.thechristianidentityforum.ne ... zation.pdf
davidm

Re: Racial basis of spiritual traditions

Post by davidm »

They don't.

Also, race is a fiction, as has been explained to you.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

davidm wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:48 pmThey don't.

That pop opinion piece article from the New York Times you linked, here, presumably without actually reading, as I recall, went like this: ''I think racial classifications have been useful to us,'' said Dr. Alan Rogers, a population geneticist and professor of anthropology at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. ''We may believe that most differences between races are superficial, but the differences are there, and they are informative about the origins and migrations of our species. To do my work, I have to get genetic data from different parts of the world, and look at differences within groups and between groups, so it helps to have labels for groups.''

I expect it would be rich to start looking at this topic from places where the ideas have already been deeply expanded, maybe Savitri Devi's The lightning and the sun, http://www.jrbooksonline.com/PDF_Books/lightningsun.pdf

Or Julius Evola's work on spiritual racism?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Seleucus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:20 pm ...as I recall, went like this...
This is Seleucus' code for: 'If you read the whole article you will find it is saying the complete opposite of the sentence I have taken out of context, but you can't point this out as deliberate misrepresentation because I am pretending I am only quoting from memory, so it might be an honest mistake'.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Londoner wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:40 pm
Seleucus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:20 pm ...as I recall, went like this...
This is Seleucus' code for: 'If you read the whole article you will find it is saying the complete opposite of the sentence I have taken out of context, but you can't point this out as deliberate misrepresentation because I am pretending I am only quoting from memory, so it might be an honest mistake'.
Aren't you the guy who claimed India had its economy pillaged and ruined by the British Raj, here, and claiming the stats in Maddison's The World economy would support, which you also apparently didn't take any time to look at since the numbers flatly contradicted that, showing British efficiency saved India from Mogul ostentation, the Indian economy expanding continuously from 1600 on, and the British never enriching their own economy with more than 1% of total Indian GDP?

The other powerfully interesting question of spirituality and race, is what happens with those who Spengler would call the rootless internationalists? Could this be the origin of one form of atheism?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

davidm wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:48 pm They don't.

Race is a fiction? Okay.

Pure genius.

So like, if I say a poodle has a race, different from a terrier, I am talking fiction. Poodles and terriers are the same. Brilliant.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:...
So like, if I say a poodle has a race, different from a terrier, I am talking fiction. Poodles and terriers are the same. Brilliant.
Why do you think they're called Dogs?
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 am
davidm wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:48 pm They don't.

Race is a fiction? Okay.

Pure genius.

This is known as Lewontin’s Fallacy or Lewontin’s Paradox. Of course just as Achilles does not take infinity time to complete the hundred meters dash in Zeno's Paradox, likewise we can in fact categorize individuals by race with 100% accuracy, no one confuses a Chinaman for a Red Indian or a Black man.

Edwards's full refutation:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/do ... 1&type=pdf

Rather than humoring fools, it's probably more interesting to consider the issues like: Although there were Greco-Buddhist kingdoms, why in general did Western religions like Buddhism and Zen spread east and not west when we know Ashoka's missionaries also were sent to at least Constantinople and Athens? How has the spiritual tradition of the Indo-Europeans remained constantly across thousands of years despite surface level changes from paganism to Abrahamism to New Age and atheisms? Is there really a sophia perennis behind all the world religions or does each race indeed have spirituality specific to its type?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:14 pm
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:...
Why do you think they're called Dogs?
Same reason humans, are called humans.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:43 pm This is known as Lewontin’s Fallacy or Lewontin’s Paradox. Of course just as Achilles does not take infinity time to complete the hundred meters dash in Zeno's Paradox, likewise we can in fact categorize individuals by race with 100% accuracy, no one confuses a Chinaman for a Red Indian or a Black man.
That's actually a good way of putting it.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

Indo-European peoples is an awfully broad category to define Hinduism and Buddhism with. Indo-European includes Slavic, Romance, German, and such, as they are all Indo-European and nonetheless accept Christianity in its varied forms. For you to define Indo-European as predominantly Hindu and Buddhist seems strange to me, as you would seem to know what that race implies in terms of heritage since you are supposedly a racist.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Same reason humans, are called humans.
Yeah, they're all one race.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Viveka wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:38 pm Indo-European peoples is an awfully broad category to define Hinduism and Buddhism with. Indo-European includes Slavic, Romance, German, and such, as they are all Indo-European and nonetheless accept Christianity in its varied forms. For you to define Indo-European as predominantly Hindu and Buddhist seems strange to me, as you would seem to know what that race implies in terms of heritage since you are supposedly a racist.
I think you've misread something I wrote? What I'm saying is that Indo-Europeans are essentially still Hindu: underneath the surface names of "Christian" or "Shia" or "Sikh", the ancient pagan values and perspectives are still right there. European and Filipino Christianity are similar in name and appearances only, beneath are their unique spiritual traditions, i.e. the Indo-European and Austronesian respectively.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 am
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Same reason humans, are called humans.
Yeah, they're all one race.
This is known as Lewontin’s Fallacy or Lewontin’s Paradox. Of course just as Achilles does not take infinity time to complete the hundred meters dash in Zeno's Paradox, likewise we can in fact categorize individuals by race with 100% accuracy, no one confuses a Chinaman for a Red Indian or a Black man.

Edwards's full refutation:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/do ... 1&type=pdf
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You'd have to say what you mean by race before I could agree, do you mean physical appearace? If so you appear to be mixing race and nationality in your example.