Racial basis of spiritual traditions

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Londoner

Re: Racial basis of spiritual traditions

Post by Londoner »

Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:22 am
Me: This is Seleucus' code for: 'If you read the whole article you will find it is saying the complete opposite of the sentence I have taken out of context, but you can't point this out as deliberate misrepresentation because I am pretending I am only quoting from memory, so it might be an honest mistake'.

Aren't you the guy who claimed India had its economy pillaged and ruined by the British Raj, and claiming the stats in Maddison's The World economy would support, which you also apparently didn't take any time to look at since the numbers flatly contradicted that, showing British efficiency saved India from Mogul ostentation, the Indian economy expanding continuously from 1600 on, and the British never enriching their own economy with more than 1% of total Indian GDP?
No it doesn't. It is just your chronic confirmation bias again. You only see the bits you want to see and read them in the way you want to read them.
The other powerfully interesting question of spirituality and race, is what happens with those who Spengler would call the rootless internationalists? Could this be the origin of one form of atheism?
No.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Londoner wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 am
Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:22 am
Me: This is Seleucus' code for: 'If you read the whole article you will find it is saying the complete opposite of the sentence I have taken out of context, but you can't point this out as deliberate misrepresentation because I am pretending I am only quoting from memory, so it might be an honest mistake'.

Aren't you the guy who claimed India had its economy pillaged and ruined by the British Raj, and claiming the stats in Maddison's The World economy would support, which you also apparently didn't take any time to look at since the numbers flatly contradicted that, showing British efficiency saved India from Mogul ostentation, the Indian economy expanding continuously from 1600 on, and the British never enriching their own economy with more than 1% of total Indian GDP?
No it doesn't. It is just your chronic confirmation bias again. You only see the bits you want to see and read them in the way you want to read them.
Without any evidence otherwise my interpretations stand. I know you're too lazy to bother so I guess the discussion is over. Bye.
The other powerfully interesting question of spirituality and race, is what happens with those who Spengler would call the rootless internationalists? Could this be the origin of one form of atheism?
No.
Lazy.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:20 am You'd have to say what you mean by race before I could agree, do you mean physical appearace? If so you appear to be mixing race and nationality in your example.
You will no doubt be happy to hear my go to dictionary is a British one, Cambridge's:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... glish/race

race noun (PEOPLE)

C1 [ C or U ] a group, especially of people, with particular similar physical characteristics, who are considered as belonging to the same type, or the fact of belonging to such a group:
People of many different races were living side by side.
Discrimination on grounds of race will not be tolerated.
An increasing number of people in the country are of mixed race (= with parents of different races).

[ C, + sing/pl verb ] a group of people who share the same language, history, characteristics, etc.:
The British are an island race.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Seleucus wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:41 pm
Without any evidence otherwise my interpretations stand. I know you're too lazy to bother so I guess the discussion is over. Bye.
If you had a grasp of evidence you would not have the views you do.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Londoner wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 pm
Seleucus wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:41 pm Without any evidence otherwise my interpretations stand. I know you're too lazy to bother so I guess the discussion is over. Bye.
If you had a grasp of evidence you would not have the views you do.
I'm not seeing any page numbers, authors, numbers, or quotes. Lazy. Bye.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Seleucus wrote:...
[ C, + sing/pl verb ] a group of people who share the same language, history, characteristics, etc.:
Right! So colour and feature whilst useful in recognition is not a necessary feature of a 'race' per se.

I was interested to see you talk about 'rootless internationalists' in relation to Spengler but under his view why could such a group not have the Earth as its ground view and be the harbinger of a possible new culture that may well turn into a civilization in the future with space as it's frontier, basically an off-shoot of Western culture's Idea of Space.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 pm
Seleucus wrote:...
Right! So colour and feature whilst useful in recognition is not a necessary feature of a 'race' per se.
I suppose you had a little peak at the Lewontin’s Paradox article?

Tell me, is this woman Black?

http://www.arcticwebsite.com/eskimowoman.JPG

Not much more to say.
I was interested to see you talk about 'rootless internationalists' in relation to Spengler but under his view why could such a group not have the Earth as its ground view and be the harbinger of a possible new culture that may well turn into a civilization in the future with space as it's frontier, basically an off-shoot of Western culture's Idea of Space.
I suppose these rootless Marxists and their meaningless and nihilistic spiritual void is the one you identify with?

If you know something about Spengler why don't you be a pal and link me a few modest sized articles on the need to know essentials. Decline of the West is looking a tad thick for a busy and productive family man like myself to be wanting to spending days on end crunching through.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Seleucus wrote:I suppose you had a little peak at the Lewontin’s Paradox article?
Are males and females different races then?

Genetics at present can go from each individual are their own 'race' to no 'race' and everything in-between.
Tell me, is this woman Black?
Got a colour picture?
I suppose these rootless Marxists and their meaningless and nihilistic spiritual void is the one you identify with?
Which rootless Marxists, they appear very country bound a la Spengler? I thought you were talking about the modern globalised capitalist class.
If you know something about Spengler why don't you be a pal and link me a few modest sized articles on the need to know essentials. Decline of the West is looking a tad thick for a busy and productive family man like myself to be wanting to spending days on end crunching through.
In general and unlike you apparently I don't bother with the words of others about what philosophers have said until I've read them first.

This family man stuff is interesting as presumably you've had them with this Indonesian muslim women and as such I'd guess she's not white then?

So would this not make you responsible for diluting your race and creating mixed-race kids so essentially a race-traitor?
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:07 am
Seleucus wrote:Tell me, is this woman Black?
Got a colour picture?
"black adjective (PEOPLE)

A2 also Black relating or belonging to people with black or dark brown skin, especially people who live in Africa or whose family originally came from Africa:
black culture
Black Americans"

Like what? You are gonna tell me that woman is Black? She's obviously an Eskimo. That "A2" in the definition of "Black" is the CEFR level of the word, meaning it is beginner elementary level English that pretty much any grade school kid anywhere in the world is able to use correctly. Here is the definition of "Eskimo", also from Cambridge dictionary, a highly standard and authoritative English dictionary, notice the word "race" in the definition.

"a member of a race of people who live in the cold northern areas of North America, Greenland, and Siberia".

This is normative standard English usage. It's not racist nazi White supremacy.
muslim women
I have yet to meet a Muslim woman, or man or child for that matter, who wants their society destroyed by rootless internationalism. You might actually not know this since you're so brainwashed, but there is no White supremacy, or at least it is a very tiny fringe minority position. Nationalists are quite happy to grant the existence of other peoples. It is you rootless internationalists who refuse to admit the existence of any race. You are the genocidal race hating supremacists.
I suppose you had a little peak at the Lewontin’s Paradox article?
Are males and females different races then?
We call that sex or gender as any school girl or boy knows. Grow up.
Genetics at present can go from each individual are their own 'race' to no 'race' and everything in-between.
Yeah sure, I get the essentialist/non-essentialist point. Meanwhile, myself and billions of other people appreciate that race and spirituality are in some mysterious way bundled and we draw strength and meaning from that. Moreover, we know that the breakdown of tradition into Spenglerian rootless internationalism is a risk factor for all sorts of degeneracy like substance abuse, suicide, crime, and mental illness. So, we say no thank-you to your cultural Marxism, political correctness, or critical theory as you like to call it and live instead in pride, in health, and close to the Universe.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Religion does have a connection with tribalism, which is easy enough to show since religion started off as ancestor worship. However, this idea about races is all bunk. People get fixated on their ancestors, but if one stops and thinks about it, this is rather absurd since one's ancestors are ill-defined. While it's true that one's ancestors are people related to us who lived in the past, who our ancestors are depends on how far back in time we go. Go back 100 years, and you have a certain group identified as your ancestors, but go back 200 years and now your group of ancestors differs considerably, and overlaps with the ancestors of many more people. In fact, we only have to go back about 3,600 years to find a person who is a common ancestor for everyone alive today. That's hardly consistent with racist fantasies.