How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL
thedoc

Re: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

Post by thedoc »

Who wrote the books that you reference? and do you have any evidence that God wrote the books?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:03 pm Who wrote the books that you reference? and do you have any evidence that God wrote the books?
The books were written by scribes and I know of no evidence for God.

Those were not the issues that the O.P. was speaking to.

Did your deflection have a purpose?

Regards
DL
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 pm
thedoc wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:03 pm Who wrote the books that you reference? and do you have any evidence that God wrote the books?

Regards
DL
Yes, Men wrote the books and included their own prejudices and preferences into those books, and not Gods preferences. I don't believe that God directly inspired the writing of the books, perhaps some, but not all.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Contrary to what is stated in 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, we do not keep our women silent in church. I don't believe that Paul actually wrote those words but the church leaders later, in an attempt to subjugate women, inserted those words into Paul's letter. We certainly don't practice that verse, we have a woman pastor, and women give most of the announcements at the end of service, women are certainly not silent during our service.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Absurdly, GIA supposes he knows of a standard of "morality" greater than that exhibited by the Supreme Being. He would need that, if he were to have any criteria for judging the Supreme Being as "immoral."

Now, where would he get such a thing? :shock:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 pm How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

Regards
DL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwkgGPvClF4&t=79s
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:23 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 pm

Regards
DL
Yes, Men wrote the books and included their own prejudices and preferences into those books, and not Gods preferences. I don't believe that God directly inspired the writing of the books, perhaps some, but not all.
Some?

Which parts, did he inspire and why did he leave in all the times he kills us instead of curing us?

Theists are to emulate God. Would you kill when you can take the moral high ground and cure?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 am Absurdly, GIA supposes he knows of a standard of "morality" greater than that exhibited by the Supreme Being. He would need that, if he were to have any criteria for judging the Supreme Being as "immoral."

Now, where would he get such a thing? :shock:
From the bible.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Though shall not kill or murder. God kills and murders. Test that idea and tell us if God does the moral thing when he kills instead of curing us.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:37 am Contrary to what is stated in 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, we do not keep our women silent in church. I don't believe that Paul actually wrote those words but the church leaders later, in an attempt to subjugate women, inserted those words into Paul's letter. We certainly don't practice that verse, we have a woman pastor, and women give most of the announcements at the end of service, women are certainly not silent during our service.
Now, true. The left wing of the church has torn away from the right wing loonies and have some equality. The right goes by --- he will rule over you.

Christians have to ignore much of Yahweh's laws because secular law would not allow them to practice those inhuman tenets.

That has not prevented Christianity from promoting and being homophobic and misogynous.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 pm How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

Regards
DL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwkgGPvClF4&t=79s
That is nearly the first thing that the clergy tell us, just before reaming off the list of things they say they know of the unknowable, fathom of the unfathomable and the mysterious ways of God.

Priests, preachers and imams seem to all be liars by what you put.

I agree and so will all moral people.

Regards
DL
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:13 pm Would you kill when you can take the moral high ground and cure?

Regards
DL
False dichotomy, most times there are more than just 2 choices.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

"How and why can people ignore their God's immoral ways?" Please spare us from your oxymoronic question.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Crom, the fine and cheery fellow I absolutely don't worship, does what he does and doesn't give a rat's ass what I think about it, so I go about my business and leave him to his.

Now some gods wanna get up in your business, orderin' the minutia of your life (how you should wipe your ass, for example). That's fine if you need such instruction, but if you're lookin' for a god who's mostly gonna leave you be, then Crom is the guy. But that means you gotta leave him be too. You get up with all that worship and prayers crap, Crom is liable to shove a lightning bolt up your ying yang. Crom don't need you and he expects you not to need him.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 pm Test that idea and tell us if God does the moral thing when he kills instead of curing us.
Gee...I would have thought it was a bacterium, a bullet, or an angry jihadi that was killing "us." :lol: