How to exit the religious mess!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

How to exit the religious mess!

Post by Dontaskme »

If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.
Don’t be a theist and don’t be an atheist if you really want to know what truth is.
Don’t say, "There is God"; don't say, "There is not", because whatsoever you say will become a deep desire.
And whatsoever is there hidden in the desire you will project.

By ~famous Indian guru~

Hobbes' Choice

Re: How to exit the religious mess!

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 am If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.
Don’t be a theist and don’t be an atheist if you really want to know what truth is.
Don’t say, "There is God"; don't say, "There is not", because whatsoever you say will become a deep desire.

By ~famous Indian guru~

Atheism is not an opinion. It is the default setting which distinguishes itself from a belief in god. If you say do not be a theist then you are commanding a person to be an atheist, by definition.
I do not wish for their to be no god. I just do not believe there is such a thing.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 am If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.
By ~famous Indian guru~
Holding "no opinion for or against" will not in itself cause one to see the truth. Indian gurus are a dime a dozen and usually full of crap.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The giver and taker of breath cannot be defined.

Nothing can be defined.

This is truth.

ken

Post by ken »

By ~famous Indian guru~

You copy and past this, yet when I say if you remain always completely open, then it is very simple and easy to discover, see, and understand the Truth, but you insist that I can not do this.

I also comment about how when a person is either believing or disbelieving some thing, then they are NOT open to discovering, seeing, and understanding the Truth, almost instantly. And, beliefs, themselves, only allow people to look at and see what it is that they want to look at and see.

What I have said here is just about more or less the exact same as what you copied and pasted here. So, why is what you put here right and I am not right?
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:32 pm The giver and taker of breath cannot be defined.

Nothing can be defined.

This is truth.

Your very first line in this thread is:

If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.

Yet you strongly hold onto your opinion, and belief, that the pure One can NOT be known so tightly that you will NEVER even begin to see the truth here.

If you wish to see the truth, then should you either;
1. Hold strongly onto your opinion for (The giver and taker of breath can NOT be known), and do not let go of that opinion. Or, should you;
2. Hold no opinion for nor against?

Which one is your answer?

dontaskme some times writes in a such a seemingly unbelievable totally contradictory way that makes Me want to question them about if they have any clue as to WHY can they NOT see the totally obvious contradiction, to Me, here?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

An unconscious consciousness is no more a contradiction in terms than an unseen case of seeing.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:11 pm An unconscious consciousness is no more a contradiction in terms than an unseen case of seeing.

You're going to feel very silly when you wake up one morning and realise how much time you've wasted on this sort of tripe.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The wave cannot return to the ocean, cannot get home. It was never divided from it's home in the first place. You are already Oceanic, and the true suicide is not the stopping of the body-mind but the remembrance of your original and unblemished nature, here and now, beyond the ravages of time.

HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 amIf you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.
Pure nonsense and babble!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

HexHammer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:09 pm Pure nonsense and babble!
I suppose the law of averages dictates that you were bound to get it right at some point, Hex.
ken

Post by ken »

Harbal wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 pm
HexHammer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:09 pm Pure nonsense and babble!
I suppose the law of averages dictates that you were bound to get it right at some point, Hex.
lol
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote: The giver and taker of breath cannot be defined. ...
Is this not a definition?
Nothing can be defined.
Which makes this false.
This is truth.
And therefore this untrue.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 pm
Nothing can be defined.
Which makes this false.
This is truth.

What remains when all beliefs have failed...that's it...it's what life is, without referring to thought.
Truth cannot be defined although defining is truth defining itself.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:15 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 pm
Nothing can be defined.
Which makes this false.
This is truth.

What remains when all beliefs have failed...that's it...it's what life is, without referring to thought.
Truth cannot be defined although defining is truth defining itself.
Most of the time i think your brain must be stuck in some sort of infinite loop - basically a screwed algorithm. Blabbing out the same boring tripe, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over.....BORING BULLSHITE.