How to exit the religious mess!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: How to exit the religious mess!

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
You keep telling Me you know nothing but you also tell Me you know some
things AND you also express some things as though they are absolutely true

Also the reason what you think has no bearing on truth at all is not because you know nothing but because of the
obvious truth that just because one person thinks some thing that in and of itself does NOT make any thing the truth
In mathematics something can have a value above zero all by itself but a value of zero to a certain number of decimal places
when expressed as a ratio of a larger number or of infinity. That is why I can say I know nothing and know or think I know some
things too. I also say I know nothing because I want to and need to

I may say something is absolutely true but I may only think it is absolutely true rather than know it is absolutely true
And so even if I am absolutely certain that something is absolutely true that does not automatically mean that it is so
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:46 am I find that as I get older I have less need for the ego and I also find that I function much better without it at all
What is this ego thing you talk about here? What do you mean by you have less need for the ego? When did the so called "need" for the ego come into existence?

How and when did you get rid of the ego? Does that ego come back? How do you actually function much better without the ego at all?
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:46 amAnd so I have no problem in being wrong as this is when I truly learn for knowledge acquisition is my goal in life
If knowledge acquisition is your goal in life, then why do you like to acquire knowledge slowly?

With a relative very short time left to acquire knowledge, and if knowledge acquisition is your goal in life, then to Me that appears to be a very strong contradiction in itself.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
You saying that you know nothing and you also saying try to remember this to Me just means that you think you can say whatever
you so choose to but also are trying your hardest to get Me to stop challenging and questioning you about what you do choose to say
I am not trying to get you to stop questioning me about what I say as the best way to do that would be to just not engage you at all
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:35 am
I have noticed many people do this also dontaskme. You being another one of them.
I prefer to have an open two way discussion with other people. But when that discussion ends up hitting a solid brick wall like it does when I'm talking with you, then I just get bored with playing the echo game and move on like I've already done. So just thought I'd let you know that I no longer have anything to say to you. And that I'm rather tired of walls.

surreptitious57

ken wrote:
If as you say you know nothing then why are you saying some things here

What is your purpose for being here in this forum
Just because I say things does not mean I KNOW they are true as I may only THINK they are true

This is at least the second or third time you have asked me why am I here on the forum you know
I am here to learn and to engage and to read your words and then respond to them as best as I can
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:16 am
ken wrote:
What I see at first glance is you do NOT want Me to know the other reason because you do NOT want to help Me
You said something about the length of your posts but I do not know if this prevents others from replying or not and so
it might not be useful to you. I am not here to help you however. I am here to read your words and then reply to them
It is your replies, or not replying, that does help Me.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
If knowledge acquisition is your goal in life then why do you like to acquire knowledge slowly

With a relative very short time left to acquire knowledge and if knowledge acquisition is your
goal in life then to Me that appears to be a very strong contradiction
My goal is knowledge acquisition but there is no specific quantity I am aiming for. Long as I am learning some
thing then that is all that matters. And so how much or how little it is is not something I concern myself with
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:20 am
ken wrote:
do you think or view the Universe began or had to have always existed
I think that the Universe has always existed but I am not absolutely sure
I observe the Universe, eternal and infinite.

I think that the Universe has always existed and always will. I have not yet seen how it could be any thing else. Although some people will try and tell Me differently, an eternal, infinite Universe is so much easier to see and understand, and makes far more sense then one that is not.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:47 am
ken wrote:

Also the reason what you think has no bearing on truth at all is not because you know nothing but because of the
obvious truth that just because one person thinks some thing that in and of itself does NOT make any thing the truth
In mathematics something can have a value above zero all by itself but a value of zero to a certain number of decimal places
when expressed as a ratio of a larger number or of infinity. That is why I can say I know nothing and know or think I know some

I may say something is absolutely true but I may only think it is absolutely true rather than know it is absolutely true
And so even if I am absolutely certain that something is absolutely true that does not automatically mean that it is so
Another example of the brain trying its hardest to deflect away from the actual truth.
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:05 pm
ken wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:35 am
I have noticed many people do this also dontaskme. You being another one of them.
I prefer to have an open two way discussion with other people. But when that discussion ends up hitting a solid brick wall like it does when I'm talking with you, then I just get bored with playing the echo game and move on like I've already done. So just thought I'd let you know that I no longer have anything to say to you. And that I'm rather tired of walls.

Very funny that you say open two way discussions because it is dontaskme, by name and by actions, is the one that stops discussing when asked clarifying questions because those questions show that you are the one hitting the wall. Unable to answer clarifying questions, shows what the actual truth is by itself.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:16 pm
ken wrote:
If as you say you know nothing then why are you saying some things here

What is your purpose for being here in this forum
Just because I say things does not mean I KNOW they are true as I may only THINK they are true

This is at least the second or third time you have asked me why am I here on the forum you know
I am here to learn and to engage and to read your words and then respond to them as best as I can
But what for?

You say for knowledge acquisition but just about every thing I say that you do not agree with, you will say some thing else as though that is true, but when I ask you for clarification you are unable to support that what you have said, which is opposition of what I say. You appear to NOT be open at all to acquiring new knowledge. You appear to just want to stay with the knowledge that you have already acquired.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 pm
ken wrote:
If knowledge acquisition is your goal in life then why do you like to acquire knowledge slowly

With a relative very short time left to acquire knowledge and if knowledge acquisition is your
goal in life then to Me that appears to be a very strong contradiction
My goal is knowledge acquisition but there is no specific quantity I am aiming for.
So really you satisfied and fulfilled that goal a few decades ago.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 pmLong as I am learning some
thing then that is all that matters. And so how much or how little it is is not something I concern myself with
Ah okay, that explains a great deal, thank you.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
You appear to NOT be open at all to acquiring new knowledge. You appear to just want to stay with the knowledge that you have already acquired
As my goal in life is knowledge acquisition which you already know then these two statements of yours are completely false so why say them
You appear to be basing your opinion entirely upon my exchanges with you in this forum but I acquire knowledge from outside the forum too
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:

Another example of the brain trying its hardest to deflect away from the actual truth
I am not actually aware of this and so do not think that that is what is happening here
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
My goal is knowledge acquisition but there is no specific quantity
So really you satisfied and fulfilled that goal a few decades ago
This is not true as I only began seven years ago and also because it is a life goal
Although it was not actually until last year that I discovered what that goal was