How to exit the religious mess!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: How to exit the religious mess!

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:25 pmApart from all those bodies that is?

You appear to think you know what the noumena is, how?
I don't know anything unless I make something up in my imagination. I have to be before I can make something up, but I am naked without the make-up.

Presence doesn't have to be anything to be. Presence is self evident. It doesn't have to know anything, it is everything, it is the knowing that cannot be known.

Donaskme doesn't know, she is already the known, because there is only presence...I keep on telling you this, what aren't you listening.

Presence is no thing and everything. No thing knowing itself.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
Anxiety and depression are not to be suppressed, or controlled, they are very important tools natures uses as ways of informing in us that there is something wrong with the way we are currently living in the world, it's the sign you are waking up to all the bull shit that is human dictatorship,
Anxiety and depression are indeed signs and symptoms that something is causing the suffering. One of the better ways to live in world is to focus my thoughts and control them when I need to do do , to save my life for instance.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:05 pm Dontaskme wrote:
Anxiety and depression are not to be suppressed, or controlled, they are very important tools natures uses as ways of informing in us that there is something wrong with the way we are currently living in the world, it's the sign you are waking up to all the bull shit that is human dictatorship,
Anxiety and depression are indeed signs and symptoms that something is causing the suffering. One of the better ways to live in world is to focus my thoughts and control them when I need to do do , to save my life for instance.

Well you can't actually die, die is just another idea, part of the play of consciousness.

But yeah, in the pretend world of I am going to die, dying does happen apparently...but dying is not real, you will never know death.

And in the pretend world, we can think we are controlling our thoughts by realising they are just passing feelings that come and go...and once we realise that they do not belong to us, we can allow them to be there and not fear them knowing they are not who we are.

What we are is presence, presence is not depressed, a tree is not depressed, nature is not depressed, depression is just a feeling like any other feeling, it comes and goes....it's not who we are.

Allow the depressive feelings to be there without being afraid of them and watch them melt away...attachment to them will increase the depression because what we usually focus our attention on will grow like wild fire..it's like you are feeding the fire by thinking and believing it is real...

Sorry for the sloppy writing, I'm typing this in a real hurry.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
but dying is not real, you will never know death.
I have already known death , dying , and bereavement.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:56 pm Dontaskme wrote:
Forget about other people, have YOU known death? have you ever died?

thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:25 pm
Yes I have, but my defibrillator kick started my heart again at least 3 different times and I'm still alive.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:Well you can't actually die, die is just another idea, part of the play of consciousness. ...
Not quite, you don't experience death as obviously you're dead, i.e. there is no disembodied consciousness, but you certainly experience dying and in general you die.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:That's what makes this all so beautiful and boundlessly free because i know there is no ''me'' to believe anything.
And yet look at all the things you believe?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 pm
Dontaskme wrote:Well you can't actually die, die is just another idea, part of the play of consciousness. ...
Not quite, you don't experience death as obviously you're dead, i.e. there is no disembodied consciousness, but you certainly experience dying and in general you die.
You don't know that...you have no idea what happens at that seeming point of no return..you can't just say what you've never experienced..
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:19 pm
Dontaskme wrote:That's what makes this all so beautiful and boundlessly free because i know there is no ''me'' to believe anything.
And yet look at all the things you believe.

That's because it's all make believe.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:11 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Yes I have, but my defibrillator kick started my heart again at least 3 different times and I'm still alive.
What was it like being dead?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:You don't know that...you have no idea what happens at that seeming point of no return..you can't just say what you've never experienced. ...
:lol: That's so funny as not long ago you were saying the exact opposite to me.

Fair enough, I can't say one experiences dying other than having been with the dying and the dead. Now tell me how you can claim the other?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:That's because it's all make believe.
Whose make-believe?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:09 pm
Dontaskme wrote:That's because it's all make believe.
Whose make-believe?
No.ones.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 pm
Dontaskme wrote:You don't know that...you have no idea what happens at that seeming point of no return..you can't just say what you've never experienced. ...
:lol: That's so funny as not long ago you were saying the exact opposite to me.

Fair enough, I can't say one experiences dying other than having been with the dying and the dead. Now tell me how you can claim the other?
I don't know what I said 2 seconds ago ...never mind a long time ago...claim what other.?