How to exit the religious mess!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: How to exit the religious mess!

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:31 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:15 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 pm Is this not a definition?
Which makes this false.
And therefore this untrue.

What remains when all beliefs have failed...that's it...it's what life is, without referring to thought.
Truth cannot be defined although defining is truth defining itself.
Most of the time i think your brain must be stuck in some sort of infinite loop - basically a screwed algorithm. Blabbing out the same boring tripe, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over.....BORING BULLSHITE.
Yep, that pretty much sums up what the universe is made of.

SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 am If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.
Don’t be a theist and don’t be an atheist if you really want to know what truth is.
Don’t say, "There is God"; don't say, "There is not", because whatsoever you say will become a deep desire.
And whatsoever is there hidden in the desire you will project.

By ~famous Indian guru~

Atheism is not an opinion. It is the default setting which distinguishes itself from a belief in god. If you say do not be a theist then you are commanding a person to be an atheist, by definition.
I do not wish for their to be no god. I just do not believe there is such a thing.
But in using the correct word, "believe" you are the same as those that do not "believe" there isn't. There is just as much, so called, proof for either side of the equation. Both sides are full of rationalizations, based upon a particular "belief" system. That things don't obviously exist, has absolutely no necessary bearing on them actually existing. Science and humankind's machines/tools has made this extremely clear. Before a machine/tool to detect such things, there were theories of such things. In fact, the jury is still out on many such things, despite many's 'belief' in them.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:What remains when all beliefs have failed...
Facts?
that's it...it's what life is, without referring to thought. ...
What 'life'(although I think this a reification) is, without referring to thought is being a 'body' in an external world.
Truth cannot be defined ...
Of course it can, it's being in accord with reality, i.e. a fact.
... although defining is truth defining itself.
Meaningless.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:21 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 am If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.
Don’t be a theist and don’t be an atheist if you really want to know what truth is.
Don’t say, "There is God"; don't say, "There is not", because whatsoever you say will become a deep desire.
And whatsoever is there hidden in the desire you will project.

By ~famous Indian guru~

Atheism is not an opinion. It is the default setting which distinguishes itself from a belief in god. If you say do not be a theist then you are commanding a person to be an atheist, by definition.
I do not wish for their to be no god. I just do not believe there is such a thing.
But in using the correct word, "believe" you are the same as those that do not "believe" there isn't.
Fucking idiot. Not believe, means not believe.
I do not believe anything.
Run along.
Last edited by Hobbes' Choice on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:43 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:31 pmMost of the time i think your brain must be stuck in some sort of infinite loop - basically a screwed algorithm. Blabbing out the same boring tripe, over and over, and over, over and over.....BORING BULLSHITE.
Yep, that pretty much sums up what the universe is made of.
What the universe is made up of is the greatest challenge\puzzle to physicists the world over, if you think its boring then stop attempting to tell us you know anything about it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 am
What the universe is made up of is the greatest challenge\puzzle to physicists the world over, if you think its boring then stop attempting to tell us you know anything about it.
NO, dear one, the universe is made up of boring, and is why the human mind is constantly challenged to solve the boredom puzzle. It's a unique pastime of the human mind because deep down there is a profound instinctive feeling that life as we know it is nothing more that one huge big giantic black void that can never be filled or satisfied. And the reality is the sun is one day going to explode, and all this will be no more, so we are always at the mercy of never not-knowing anything.

Face up to reality, and also while your at it, you could try talking to Ken..he claims to have solved the greatest challenge that is the puzzle of what the universe is made up of, he's got all the answers. Talk to Ken, but Dontaskme, if the Dam channel is too boring for you, then turn it over to another channel, it's really that simple.

At the human level of thinking, we're all projecting our own unique thoughts about what reality means to us personally, I project mine, and you project yours...every one is doing same, no one has the ultimate absolute answer to anything ...because we have been born into a world that was here long before we ever showed up, and since this is the first time any one has been alive...no one really knows jack shit, we're just making it all up as we go along, it is how we like to make ourselves look special, and we all die in the pursuit of this endless quest...it's hilarious and certainly never boring.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:09 pm
Dontaskme wrote:What remains when all beliefs have failed...
Facts?
that's it...it's what life is, without referring to thought. ...
What 'life'(although I think this a reification) is, without referring to thought is being a 'body' in an external world.
Truth cannot be defined ...
Of course it can, it's being in accord with reality, i.e. a fact.
... although defining is truth defining itself.
Meaningless.

It's a fact that YOU ARE.

That's it, this is it, there is nothing else, that's all that can be known about YOU.

There is nothing else outside or inside this immediate YOU

You are all present and correct.

No belief is required to be YOU. We're all being a You.

You are a You and I am too.

You simply are and that's all there is to it.

Everything else is a fictional preference superimposed upon that which has no preference but to be just YOU.

What you think about reality, life, or the world, or what ever you want to call it...is never going to effect or change the you that is me, or even the you that is apparent other people because this you here lives in this you's world only..I have no possibility of ever knowing or having any direct access to another you's reality outside of this one here that is me...and the same goes the other way, no one has direct access to my you.

Anyone believing we can all live in harmony and peace with other you's in a sort of utopian ideal world is seriously deluded, we can only live in harmony and peace with our own self. That's the harsh reality of oneness, we are all alone in the world. One is the loneliest number. And that's our lot.

Love and live with yourself only, and only then is EVERYTHING YOU..You are never alone.

Life is a divine paradox.

ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 am
NO, dear one, the universe is made up of boring, and is why the human mind is constantly challenged to solve the boredom puzzle.
How could the Universe be made up of boring? What is 'boring'?

There can be bored feelings within a human being, but I have never observed any so called "boredom puzzle", which is supposedly meant to be solved or challenged.

Can you explain further, or any better at least, what exactly you are actually trying to talk about here?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 am It's a unique pastime of the human mind because deep down there is a profound instinctive feeling that life as we know it is nothing more that one huge big giantic black void that can never be filled or satisfied.
Are you really trying to suggest that 'life as we know it is nothing more than one huge big gigantic black void that can never be filled nor satisfied' and this is a 'profound instinctive feeling' in all of us?

If so, then you really will have to stop trying to talk from the 'we' perspective because absolutely none of that sentence of yours has any thing at all to do Me. The more you, and others, try to speak for Me, the more you are separating your selves. You could not speak further from the truth, even if you tried to.

Trying to persuade others to look at and view things the exact same way that you do, will never work, well not on Me anyway. Especially when your channel is so far from the path of truth.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 am And the reality is the sun is one day going to explode, and all this will be no more, so we are always at the mercy of never not-knowing anything.
A huge assumption, which if looked at properly could very easily show that it is a completely false, wrong, and an incorrect view. But again that is because it is view coming from a human being brain perspective only. It is a believed view, which is just an assumption, based on previous experiences, so it, on nearly every occasion, is inevitably a wrong view before it is even looked into. These views usually paint a completely false picture of what IS actually true, because they are based on beliefs, which are inevitably wrong to begin with. What is more unfortunate though is these views are expressed as being absolute ultimate truth, and therefore some others start actually believing they are the truth also. Continuing the cognitive distortion around.

Being able to put the pieces of the puzzle together to form the big and true picture of Life, brings with it a very natural KNOWING.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 amFace up to reality, and also while your at it, you could try talking to Ken..he claims to have solved the greatest challenge that is the puzzle of what the universe is made up of, he's got all the answers.

The Universe, at Its most fundamental level, is made up of two things. Nothing at all puzzling there.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 amTalk to Ken, but Dontaskme, if the Dam channel is too boring for you, then turn it over to another channel, it's really that simple.
This forum, and Life, Itself, is not about tuning into one channel over another channel and only listening to that one channel. Life, and this forum, is about listening to as many things as possible and learning how to be able to find and see the truth for and by thy self.

While we are at it, is the label 'dontaskme', which is what you want, because you do do not want others to ask you any thing at all, because you are not able to actually provide any clarification at all about what you say?

Would you love it if others just follow, accept, and agree with what the dontaskme channel says, without ever questioning it nor ever challenging it at all?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 amAt the human level of thinking,
"At the human level of thinking", is where ALL the trouble and problems start.

Detach your selves from that level of thinking, then ALL the answers and solutions come, naturally.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 amwe're all projecting our own unique thoughts about what reality means to us personally, I project mine, and you project yours...
But some are obviously far more REAL than others.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 amevery one is doing same,
Some of you, though,try to speak for others, and NOT just speak from and for one person only.

If they were to speak for them self only, then they would NOT be questioned so much.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 amno one has the ultimate absolute answer to anything ...
But why does dontaskme think that they have the ultimate absolute answer here?

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 ambecause we have been born into a world that was here long before we ever showed up, and since this is the first time any one has been alive...
What do you mean by, this is the first time any one has been alive?

Who or what is the one you speak of here?

What do you think is the 'world' you speak of here?

And, how long do you think this 'world' has been here for?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 amno one really knows jack shit,
I was going to ask you a clarifying question about what exactly is jack shit, but then I realized you really do NOT know what you are talking about, do you?

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 amwe're just making it all up as we go along, it is how we like to make ourselves look special, and we all die in the pursuit of this endless quest...
Another one trying to, and thinking that they have the right to, speak for others, instead of just looking at them self and speaking for that self only.

That might be exactly what YOU do. But you are NOT I. I do NOT do and will NOT do any thing you say here. Understand?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 amit's hilarious and certainly never boring.

If it is supposedly hilarious, then why is dontaskme adamant that dontaskme has the ultimate absolute answer, and expresses this as it IS the ultimate absolute answer, which should be listened to, agreed with, and/or accepted?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:It's a fact that YOU ARE. ...
Actually no, it's a fact that I am but it is not so clear that you are as well.
That's it, this is it, there is nothing else, that's all that can be known about YOU.
There's loads of things I can know about me.
There is nothing else outside or inside this immediate YOU
Well there's an external world for starters.
You are all present and correct.
Did I join the Army?
No belief is required to be YOU. We're all being a You.
Who's this 'we' as I thought you said there's nothing else to be known about me and there is nothing else outside or inside me. You, whoever you are, appear very confused about things.
You are a You and I am too.
That's what you say but I am me and who the hell you are I have little idea.
You simply are and that's all there is to it. ...
Simply are what?
Everything else is a fictional preference superimposed upon that which has no preference but to be just YOU.
What like the idea that you are me?
What you think about reality, life, or the world, or what ever you want to call it...is never going to effect or change the you that is me, or even the you that is apparent other people because this you here lives in this you's world only..I have no possibility of ever knowing or having any direct access to another you's reality outside of this one here that is me...and the same goes the other way, no one has direct access to my you. ...
So if I punch you on the nose or rob your house this will have no effect upon you? Sweet!
Anyone believing we can all live in harmony and peace with other you's in a sort of utopian ideal world is seriously deluded, ...
No need to tell me I'm married with kids.
we can only live in harmony and peace with our own self. ...
Not true, we can also make a fair fist of it with our family and friends.
That's the harsh reality of oneness, we are all alone in the world. One is the loneliest number. And that's our lot. ...
If this is the case then why are you lonely?
Love and live with yourself only, and only then is EVERYTHING YOU..You are never alone.

Life is a divine paradox.
Sounds just all a confused muddle to me.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pm Actually no, it's a fact that I am but it is not so clear that you are as well.
Yes, it's a fact that I am.
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pmThere's loads of things I can know about me.
Yes, because you the I am are the knower.
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pmWell there's an external world for starters.
Yes, that's you as well.
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pmWho's this 'we' as I thought you said there's nothing else to be known about me and there is nothing else outside or inside me. You, whoever you are, appear very confused about things.
The body is never confused about things, but the imagined one that is believed to exist inside the body can sometimes be confused as to it's real identity.
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pmThat's what you say but I am me and who the hell you are I have little idea.
I am an idea in you.
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pmSimply are what?
What ever you want to imagine you are.
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pm
What you think about reality, life, or the world, or what ever you want to call it...is never going to effect or change the you that is me, or even the you that is apparent other people because this you here lives in this you's world only..I have no possibility of ever knowing or having any direct access to another you's reality outside of this one here that is me...and the same goes the other way, no one has direct access to my you. ...
So if I punch you on the nose or rob your house this will have no effect upon you? Sweet!
What happens in the world doesn't change or effect what I am... I can feel sad at the loss of my possessions or I can feel pain when I am punched, but this does not change, alter or destroy what I am.
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pmNot true, we can also make a fair fist of it with our family and friends.
Yes, you can, when you first find peace and harmony in yourself...you are naturally at peace with others.
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pmSounds just all a confused muddle to me.
Only because we speak different languages, even though we both speak English. The human mind can be so complicated and very simple, it's up to the understander of the mind to discern what it wants or does not want to understand about itself.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:15 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:21 pm

But in using the correct word, "believe" you are the same as those that do not "believe" there isn't.
Fucking idiot. Not believe, mean not believe.
I do not believe anything.
Run along.
I do not believe anything is still a belief.

There's an obvious self shining clarity to being here right now in full view, it's closer than your very own skin. It has no identity although identity is part of it....it's all just it...all inclusive...and it's who you are...and it'll never not be you.

Stop fighting with it calling it all the names under the sun, it's perfectly happy being a billy no mates nobody. It's that sure and confident of itself.

From belief to clarity.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:Yes, it's a fact that I am.
Not according to you as there's only me.
Arising_uk wrote:Yes, because you the I am are the knower.
I thought there was no external world so where is this 'knower'?
Arising_uk wrote:Yes, that's you as well.
Then it wouldn't be an external world.
Arising_uk wrote:The body is never confused about things, but the imagined one that is believed to exist inside the body can sometimes be confused as to it's real identity. ...
You getting confused again as how can an imagined thing that is only believed to exist be confused about anything let alone its 'real' identity?
Arising_uk wrote:I am an idea in you.
You're confused again as earlier you said you're a body.
Arising_uk wrote:What ever you want to imagine you are.
I thought you said there is no you?
Arising_uk wrote:What happens in the world doesn't change or effect what I am... I can feel sad at the loss of my possessions or I can feel pain when I am punched, but this does not change, alter or destroy what I am. ...
But it can certainly change one.
Arising_uk wrote:Yes, you can, when you first find peace and harmony in yourself...you are naturally at peace with others.
Sounds all a little to hippy for me and I like hippies.
Arising_uk wrote:Only because we speak different languages, even though we both speak English. The human mind can be so complicated and very simple, it's up to the understander of the mind to discern what it wants or does not want to understand about itself.
And yet according to you this 'understander' doesn't exist so there is nothing for it to want nor understand about 'itself'?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:44 pmBut it can certainly change one.
No, what you are does not change. The I am is changeless.

"I am not my thoughts, feelings, circumstances of changing events in life, I am the awareness, the alertness, the changeless which remains present behind it."
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:44 pmAnd yet according to you this 'understander' doesn't exist so there is nothing for it to want nor understand about 'itself'?
Yes, and that's all there is to understand.