How to exit the religious mess!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: How to exit the religious mess!

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:36 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:31 pm
thedoc wrote:Have you had the experience? if not quit projecting your lack onto others.
Can you describe the experience of actually being dead?

One cannot experience death, and same goes for alive, one cannot experience alive.

That's not what I meant.
Living is experiencing, you can't experience death.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:28 pm
ken wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 am ... you obviously enjoy masturbating with yourself.

that's the whole point of masturbating. Having sex with someone else os not masturbating.
masturbation [mas-ter-bey-shuh n]
noun
1. the stimulation or manipulation of one's own genitals, especially to orgasm; sexual self-gratification.
2. the stimulation, by manual or other means exclusive of coitus, of another's genitals, especially to orgasm. --dictionary.com--

Of course he probably took definition #2 into consideration. But of course he meant that from your perspective it's you, only ever you, or seemingly, you mostly ever project. As if you could actually ever be smart, or can you feel the radiation in your head? ;-)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:11 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:31 pm
Can you describe the experience of actually being dead?

One cannot experience death, and same goes for alive, one cannot experience alive.

That's not what I meant.
If you can't experience death....are you only experiencing living?

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:26 pm

That's not what I meant.

Life is the experience. You feel yourself alive and that is cashed out in all sensory and mindful experience.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:26 pm

That's not what I meant.

Life is the experience. You feel yourself alive and that is cashed out in all sensory and mindful experience.
So if you can only feel yourself alive in the sensory experience, but cannot experience death, then you must live this sensory and mindful experiencing forever right?

thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Well I'm glad my post has sparked a meaningless and fruitless exchange between those who say nothing.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:29 pm I don't know what I said 2 seconds ago ...never mind a long time ago.
That much is obvious.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:28 pm Well I'm glad my post has sparked a meaningless and fruitless exchange between those who say nothing.
Doc, did you have a clinical death or a complete brain/biological death?

And why was it frightening?

Do you have nothing to say about this?

Or were your previous musings about having died just somehtings about nothings you've archived away to memory?

Remember, memories are not alive, they are past ideas that have no existence now...they're dead.

thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:51 am
I've made my post, believe it or not, your choice.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:51 am
I've made my post, believe it or not, your choice.

Well you're right of course, it's you're belief that you died, who I am to disbelieve that belief...there is no such thing as a non-belief.

I've died too if it's any consolation.

It was scary losing all my personal identity, but the best part was from the release and the lightness of being, it was worth more than any of that heavy baggage I kept carrying around with me.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:31 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:15 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 pm Is this not a definition?
Which makes this false.
And therefore this untrue.

What remains when all beliefs have failed...that's it...it's what life is, without referring to thought.
Truth cannot be defined although defining is truth defining itself.
Most of the time i think your brain must be stuck in some sort of infinite loop - basically a screwed algorithm. Blabbing out the same boring tripe, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over, over and over, and over.....BORING BULLSHITE.
Sorry, could you repeat that for those not paying attention?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:54 pm
It was scary losing all my personal identity, but the best part was from the release and the lightness of being, it was worth more than any of that heavy baggage I kept carrying around with me.

I had a similar experience in college, I was attending one college and feeling trapped at that school. Then I discovered that I could transfer all my credits to another similar school and suddenly I felt free to do whatever I wanted.

BTW, I stayed at the first school and graduated Magna Cum thankyou very much, The weren't going to let me graduate at first.