How to exit the religious mess!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: How to exit the religious mess!

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:44 pmYou getting confused again as how can an imagined thing that is only believed to exist be confused about anything let alone its 'real' identity?
What you are is not imagined, what you are not is.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:44 pmThen it wouldn't be an external world.
The external world is a concept arising in the you who has no location.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:44 pmI thought there was no external world so where is this 'knower'?
Nowhere.

tbieter

Post by tbieter »

:D
Dubious wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:28 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:12 am If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.
By ~famous Indian guru~
Holding "no opinion for or against" will not in itself cause one to see the truth. Indian gurus are a dime a dozen and usually full of crap.
LOL :)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:No, what you are does not change. The I am is changeless.
I thought you said it was non-existent?
"I am not my thoughts, feelings, circumstances of changing events in life, I am the awareness, the alertness, the changeless which remains present behind it."
Who said this? As they miss that this is being a body with senses and a memory in an external world, that's all.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:Yes, and that's all there is to understand.
But there is no you or all to understand? I'm at a loss why you talk.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:What you are is not imagined, what you are not is.
I know as what I am is a body with senses, memory and a language in an external world. No idea how what I am not can be imagined as it is not?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:The external world is a concept arising in the you who has no location.
So where are you typing from? The phenomenon of the external world is that there is an external world as without it no phenomena. It's not all in your head and if you think it is I invite you to step in front of that big red object barreling down the road.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:Nowhere.
So non-existent then.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
And the reality is the sun is one day going to explode and all this will be no more
A huge assumption which if looked at properly could very easily show that it is completely false
It is entirely true that stars eventually die otherwise you would not be here as you are made from dead stars
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:07 am
ken wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
And the reality is the sun is one day going to explode and all this will be no more
A huge assumption which if looked at properly could very easily show that it is completely false
It is entirely true that stars eventually die otherwise you would not be here as you are made from dead stars
Stars dying is one thing. But will the sun 100% for certain explode, or will it certainly die?

I would not be here also if it was not for living stars. I also would not be here if there was not what is called a big bang. I would not be here either if there was not that, which caused the big bang. In fact I would not be here if it were not for everything prior. Dead stars is not the sole reason I am here. Dead, AND alive, stars are only part of the reason I am here. It could very easily be argued that I am only here because of the Universe, Itself. If ALL-THERE-IS was not perfectly positioned as it is NOW, then I would NOT be here.

Do stars HAVE to explode in order to die out?

As I said a huge assumption WHICH IF LOOKED AT PROPERLY could very easily show that it is completely false. There is more that My quote was in relation to than just the bit you picked out also.

We can only look at this properly if any one is interested. Are you interested? Or, would you just like to express your already held assumptions and preconceptions too?

As for stars dying, well every thing comes into existence and then dies, except of course for the Universe, Itself, which is what I observe.
surreptitious57

The Sun will die when it can no longer convert hydrogen into helium and then
will go red giant and expand out to beyond the orbits of either Venus or Earth
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:52 am The Sun will die when it can no longer convert hydrogen into helium and then
Thanks. I now KNOW which one you want to do. You would much prefer to just express your already held assumptions and preconceptions rather than show any interest at looking into this deeper and further, and discovering more. This 'prefer to express and be heard' attitude appears to be a serious preoccupation with most human beings.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote:The external world is a concept arising in the you who has no location.
So where are you typing from? The phenomenon of the external world is that there is an external world as without it no phenomena. It's not all in your head and if you think it is I invite you to step in front of that big red object barreling down the road.
The external world and the thoughts about the external world are the same phenomena.

Where is the external world without the thought about it, can there be an external world separate from the thought about it?

Where do thoughts exist?

What is, and where is the location of awareness that is aware of the thought about an external world?

Can an external world exist separate from the awareness of that world?

Can a thought or the awareness of that thought be pointed to, can it be looked at ? where is thought and awareness of thought?

The 'external reality' and the thoughts about it are the same thing.

Awareness and thought cannot be located....if it can then how?

The "You" that is assumed to exist is the content of conscious awareness aka as a (thought) which then searches within the content of consciousness for consciousness itself.

surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
The Sun will die when it can no longer convert hydrogen into helium and then
Thanks. I now KNOW which one you want to do. You would much prefer to just express your already held assumptions and preconceptions rather than show any interest at looking into this deeper and further and discovering more. This prefer to express and be heard attitude appears to be
a serious preoccupation with most human beings
Actually you are entirely wrong about that. Because if any new knowledge becomes available to me which contradicts what I have said above then
my position will change accordingly. Anything I hold to be true even absolutely so can be revised at any time. I do not carry on holding a particular
view once I know it is no longer true. Though I actually know nothing as I have already said before. Because a very limited knowledge base such as
mine is actually zero when divided by all the actual and potential knowledge that will ever exist. Which will be forever as the Universe cannot die