Purpose of Life

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

JackSalad

Purpose of Life

Post by JackSalad »

I like to subject my views to skepticism and am still working the kinks out of this.

In the beginning there was infinite potential. This infinite potential was God. God became aware of itself but could not experience itself because it was infinite and things can only exist in a finite form (after all, everything around you is finite), so God actualized it’s potential and became finite in the form of the universe, meaning everything and everyone is God (still working out the contradiction of how God can be aware of itself yet only experience itself when finite). So, God created the universe to experience itself, but it did not just want to experience itself as a tree or a dog or a human, it wanted to experience it’s essence, so the souls that inhabit various life-forms, through the process of reincarnation starting from the lowest forms of life and going toward the highest gradually evolves until it becomes God-like, perfect. Once perfect, this is God experiencing itself, and after a soul reaches perfection and thus no longer has to reincarnate, it merges with God, which would be the greatest bliss possible. And after all souls merge back with God, the process starts over again but this time with the lessons learned from the previous universe incorporated into the new universe. So the purpose of man, or the soul of man, is to become perfect, the purpose of man in a particular life is to grow, which you do through the experiences of life and your use of free will. You supposedly choose your parents and family to meet your particular growth needs and also program certain life experiences into your incarnation.
thedoc

Re: Purpose of Life

Post by thedoc »

JackSalad wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 pm I like to subject my views to skepticism and am still working the kinks out of this.

In the beginning there was infinite potential. This infinite potential was God. God became aware of itself but could not experience itself because it was infinite and things can only exist in a finite form (after all, everything around you is finite), so God actualized it’s potential and became finite in the form of the universe, meaning everything and everyone is God (still working out the contradiction of how God can be aware of itself yet only experience itself when finite). So, God created the universe to experience itself, but it did not just want to experience itself as a tree or a dog or a human, it wanted to experience it’s essence, so the souls that inhabit various life-forms, through the process of reincarnation starting from the lowest forms of life and going toward the highest gradually evolves until it becomes God-like, perfect. Once perfect, this is God experiencing itself, and after a soul reaches perfection and thus no longer has to reincarnate, it merges with God, which would be the greatest bliss possible. And after all souls merge back with God, the process starts over again but this time with the lessons learned from the previous universe incorporated into the new universe. So the purpose of man, or the soul of man, is to become perfect, the purpose of man in a particular life is to grow, which you do through the experiences of life and your use of free will. You supposedly choose your parents and family to meet your particular growth needs and also program certain life experiences into your incarnation.
You should read some Zen Buddhism, I think you would find it very familiar.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

JackSalad wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 pm I like to subject my views to skepticism and am still working the kinks out of this.

This makes no sense at all, which is the way God usually goes about things, so you've made a good start. I think you should leave the kinks in, it makes it sound more authentic.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

JackSalad wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 pm And after all souls merge back with God, the process starts over again but this time with the lessons learned from the previous universe incorporated into the new universe. So the purpose of man, or the soul of man, is to become perfect, the purpose of man in a particular life is to grow, which you do through the experiences of life and your use of free will. You supposedly choose your parents and family to meet your particular growth needs and also program certain life experiences into your incarnation.
Passing strange that this life should be
Another loop to make things right!
I can't recall a prior me
Less perfect than I am tonight.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The purpose of life is what words put there.

Life is prior to interpretation therefore purpose has no real purpose, other than to desire purpose where there isn't any.

.if you knew what life really is,you wouldn't want it.

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Tremendous post.

Very thought-provoking thread overall.

I'm realizing the contradiction of my words and thoughts here as I am typing...

Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:34 am .

Tremendous post.

Very thought-provoking thread overall.

I'm realizing the contradiction of my words and thoughts here as I am typing...

As has happened to your thread on WWIII (btw where did it go to?)

PhilX 🇺🇸