Drive-In Jesus

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2228
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Drive-In Jesus

Post by Lacewing » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:29 am

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/1 ... ipad-share

A friend of mine just sent this to me. It's 10 minutes long. It cycles between creepy and hilarious in its absurdity.

It's nice to see people coming together for spiritual fellowship! Honk! Honk! :lol:

Is this what religion is coming to?

What's with the crooked cross on the church?

I especially like the dog looking at the cat sitting on the guy's head.

Just goes to show that any dingdong can gather a crowd for any purpose, and collect money. (Well, except for Bob Evenson -- for some reason HE can't pull it off despite his efforts for 30+ years.)

thedoc
Posts: 6308
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by thedoc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:02 am

That lot looked very empty, less than half full.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:36 am

Lacewing wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:29 am
https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/1 ... ipad-share

A friend of mine just sent this to me. It's 10 minutes long. It cycles between creepy and hilarious in its absurdity.

It's nice to see people coming together for spiritual fellowship! Honk! Honk! :lol:

Is this what religion is coming to?

What's with the crooked cross on the church?

I especially like the dog looking at the cat sitting on the guy's head.

Just goes to show that any dingdong can gather a crowd for any purpose, and collect money. (Well, except for Bob Evenson -- for some reason HE can't pull it off despite his efforts for 30+ years.)
Sure he can pull it off. He's quite a wanker. :lol:

PhilX 🇺🇸

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:40 am

I didn't look at the video, but I suspect this thread would be more aptly named Drive-By Jesus.

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2228
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by Lacewing » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:09 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:40 am
I didn't look at the video, but I suspect this thread would be more aptly named Drive-By Jesus.
No, it really is a Drive-In. A Drive-By Jesus would be an entirely different thing... and I don't want to imagine what that might look like.

The people in the video don't look very happy. Wouldn't you think that people who are saved from eternal damnation or whatever, and who are filled with the holy spirit, and are basking in the divine glow of their lord and savior would be HAPPIER? Where's the joy? Where's the love? Looks like people who don't know what else to do with themselves.

HexHammer
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by HexHammer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Sooo lame idea, Jesus want ppl to get their lazy asses out of their stupid cars!!!

thedoc
Posts: 6308
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by thedoc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:09 am
No, it really is a Drive-In. A Drive-By Jesus would be an entirely different thing... and I don't want to imagine what that might look like.
Did you hear about the new Gluten free communion wafer, it's called "I can't believe it's not Jesus".

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by Harbal » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:44 pm

thedoc wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Did you hear about the new Gluten free communion wafer, it's called "I can't believe it's not Jesus".
Is the real Jesus particularly high in gluten? If you don't answer I'll know it's an ignore day today. :wink:

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6132
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Brilliant. I can see why there's no voiceover. It sort of leaves you speechless.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2228
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by Lacewing » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:54 pm

thedoc wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm
Did you hear about the new Gluten free communion wafer, it's called "I can't believe it's not Jesus".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

thedoc
Posts: 6308
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by thedoc » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:57 am

Harbal wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:44 pm
thedoc wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Did you hear about the new Gluten free communion wafer, it's called "I can't believe it's not Jesus".
Is the real Jesus particularly high in gluten? If you don't answer I'll know it's an ignore day today. :wink:
Damn! I forgot to log in, thanks for reminding me.

thedoc
Posts: 6308
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by thedoc » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:02 am

Harbal wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:44 pm
thedoc wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Did you hear about the new Gluten free communion wafer, it's called "I can't believe it's not Jesus".
Is the real Jesus particularly high in gluten? If you don't answer I'll know it's an ignore day today. :wink:
In Jesus' day there wasn't much known about gluten so I would assume that he was high in gluten, or high on gluten, I really don't know, I'll ask the next YEC I talk to.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests