The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Post by Greatest I am »

Many cultures pass on names of those they wish to show respect to. The Muslim community pass on the name Mohamad more than Christians do with the name of Jesus. This name respect is lacking in the Christian cultures.

I think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.

Yahweh’s son Jesus has not been deemed worthy of respect for moral reasons. Christians recognize the imperfections and agree with the ostracising of the name Jesus. Hence their not passing on the name and showing disrespect. Jesus is as unworthy to literal reading people in the myriad of Christian cults, as is Yahweh.

Are the myriad of Christian and Catholic cults showing a lack of respect for the name of Jesus as compared to the respect Muslims show the name Mohammad?

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Re: The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:17 pm The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect.
Please, on what basis do you make that statement? What do you know of the Muslim mind?
Greatest I am

Re: The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:12 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:17 pm The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect.
Please, on what basis do you make that statement? What do you know of the Muslim mind?
If you wish to think that a name is given to show the opposite of respect then keep that idiocy.

Regards
DL
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:17 pm The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?
Sometimes it is, although likely not the same respect. It’s pronounced, Hey-zeus. I remember the last time I was at a group christening in a catholic church with a Mexican congregation. It was a rollicking good time, loud and boisterous, a day off so a bit of a holiday. Reverent in a less restrained way than what’s customary in colder climes.

Question: In reference to The Catholic Church as an institution being capitalized, in referencing a particular catholic church, should catholic church be capitalized?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:29 pm
If you wish to think that a name is given to show the opposite of respect then keep that idiocy.

Regards
DL
Please, there are other reasons for giving or not giving a child a particular name, but if you're too dense to understand that, I'll be happy to offer a few examples.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:48 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:17 pm The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?
Sometimes it is, although likely not the same respect. It’s pronounced, Hey-zeus. I remember the last time I was at a group christening in a catholic church with a Mexican congregation. It was a rollicking good time, loud and boisterous, a day off so a bit of a holiday. Reverent in a less restrained way than what’s customary in colder climes.

Question: In reference to The Catholic Church as an institution being capitalized, in referencing a particular catholic church, should catholic church be capitalized?
You would have to ask a grammar or literature buff on that. I am French and can screw up language and spelling in 3 languages and that might disqualify me to comment on grammar.

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Regards
DL
Perhaps they just like the sound of it. Or don't have much imagination?
Btw, the name Jesus is quite common. It's only 'Westerners' who seem to think the word invokes divine wrath.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Regards
DL
Perhaps they just like the sound of it. Or don't have much imagination?
Btw, the name Jesus is quite common. It's only 'Westerners' who seem to think the word invokes divine wrath.
Then we in the West are brighter than most as we recognize that only a wrathful p**** of a God would allow a system that he says will have the vast majority of us end in hell while only a few take the wide road to heaven.

Nature creates for the best possible end but I guess that God is not as moral or good as nature that would say that the good of the many outweighs the good of the few.

Regards
DL
Noax

Post by Noax »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:17 pmI think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.
I don't believe this is true. Not the latter part, but the "I think it is due to ..." part.
So why would you write that then? Seems to serve no purpose other than attempts to push people's buttons, except there are so many better ways to do that on this site.

I found myself with my wife in a London pub where a local patron did his verbal best to push our buttons. We found it endlessly entertaining, much like having Peter Capaldi curse you out to your face. Not the effect intended by the patron I suppose.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Noax wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:58 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:17 pmI think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.
I don't believe this is true. Not the latter part, but the "I think it is due to ..." part.
So why would you write that then? Seems to serve no purpose other than attempts to push people's buttons, except there are so many better ways to do that on this site.

I found myself with my wife in a London pub where a local patron did his verbal best to push our buttons. We found it endlessly entertaining, much like having Peter Capaldi curse you out to your face. Not the effect intended by the patron I suppose.
That is how I write but if you want to see it as button pushing, go ahead.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote:The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?
NOT naming ones son Jesus IS a sign of respect U twat.
Naming your son after a paedophile warlord is what worshipers of stupidity do.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

attofishpi wrote: NOT naming ones son Jesus IS a sign of respect U twat.
So all those Latin and S.American catholics are what?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:49 pm
attofishpi wrote: NOT naming ones son Jesus IS a sign of respect U twat.
So all those Latin and S.American catholics are what?
Ya ..a tad disrespectful.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:23 pm U twat :D
:D

Still, i'm the twat that killed yet anuva dumb arse thread that was poorly thought out from the outset.