Which would you prefer?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Which would you prefer?

Post by thedoc »

Hunting the elusive paper target seems to be beyond the mental grasp of most gun control advocates.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:59 pm Paradise on Earth or Heaven? I'm on the fence with this one.

PhilX
Maybe thats both your paradise and heaven - having your balls segregated by a corrugated fence. You fucking idiot. (sometimes i think its wise to tell people how dumb they are)
If you don't like the program, change the channel. :lol:

PhilX
ken

Post by ken »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pm
ken wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 am 'Heaven' is a way of life. Human beings can make hell for themselves, and live that way of life, which from an outside perspective is how life generally is seen at the moment, or human beings can make life much better for themselves and continue making it better and thus life and living far more heaven like.
Are you experiencing Heaven, or is your heavenly life dependent on what other people right now are doing?
Any person can be greedy and experience heaven for, and from the perspective of, them self and a select few only. But to Me Heaven would be the way of life where no person is abused and neglected, and when every one is, besides children and adults,
treated equally.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pm
Once ALL people are far more open and honest with each then a far more real and true "world" exists, where people can truly advance and progress towards that what they truly want, and far quicker than they are doing now. That true and real world, which ALL once wanted, is living in peace and harmony with one another.
Must all be a certain way?
No.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pmWhy do you think that this unfolding isn't perfect and natural as it is?
I never said it was not.

In fact I am the one who says it is ALL naturally perfect. Always has been and always will be perfect as it is right, NOW.

I also could explain exactly WHY every thing is the way it is now and how as it is now is naturally perfect.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pmDo you think that what you're describing is the only reality there is?
Of course not. 'Reality', just like every thing else, is relative to the observer.

Although there is only One True Reality, there could be just as many different perceived "realities" as there are sensory, experiencing and perceiving beings existing. The reality above could be as inaccurate as any other of the indiviually perceived "realities" are. There is only one way to know the One True Reality.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Objective reality is indeed reality as it is while interpretations of it are subjective and therefore only partly true if at all
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:31 am
Objective reality is indeed reality as it is while interpretations of it are subjective and therefore only partly true if at all
A subjective interpretation of objective reality could in fact actually match reality and thus be wholly and/or completely true also.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

ken wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pmWhy do you think that this unfolding isn't perfect and natural as it is?
I never said it was not.

In fact I am the one who says it is ALL naturally perfect. Always has been and always will be perfect as it is right, NOW.
Then why do you talk about it needing to change for all? Why does perfection need anything?
Skip

Post by Skip »

Paradise is on Earth, by definition. It may be mythical, but it was never anywhere except in the Tigris valley. All the inhabitants were flesh-and-sap or -blood or whatever; materially alive. In theory, the gods could plant another garden someplace else - east of Beijing, say, or west of Chicago - but if they have, it's not been written up yet.

Heaven is, by definition, up in the sky, the firmament, the wild blue yonder. Heaven is Yahweh's house of many mansion, and you can't go there until you shed your mortal body.

Since I'm not quite ready to die yet, I'd opt for the garden. Even if I had to shed my clothes.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Skip wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:58 pm Since I'm not quite ready to die yet, I'd opt for the garden. Even if I had to shed my clothes.
Naked gardening? Wheee! :)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:37 pm
Skip wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:58 pm Since I'm not quite ready to die yet, I'd opt for the garden. Even if I had to shed my clothes.
Naked gardening? Wheee! :)
I think that was the original idea, the original gardeners didn't know that they were naked, but doesn't that take all the fun out of it?
Skip

Post by Skip »

They were not there to have fun; they were there to be observed. Lab rats.
Once they discovered fun, they had to be discarded.
ken

Post by ken »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:38 pm
ken wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 am
I never said it was not.

Then why do you talk about it needing to change for all? Why does perfection need anything?
IF I did talk about 'it' needing to change for all, then what was the 'it' I was referring to.

I do not recall talking like that.