~ What is Church ? ~

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

HexHammer
Posts: 2833
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by HexHammer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Harbal wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:28 pm
As a devoted Christian Muslim I find that assertion deeply offensive. Only one under the influence of Lucifer would say such a wicked thing. Get thee behind me, HexHammer, for it is written, thou art a knob.
Yesyes, I'm very offended!

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Harbal » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 pm
I'm very offended!
I'm sorry, HexHammer, I didn't realise you were intelligent enough to be offended.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2228
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Lacewing » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:12 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:44 pm
I too used to try and SWAY things sometimes, until I realised that was a futile exercise of my ego wanting things to be other than what they are.
I think swaying things is perfectly natural... like an ocean current. It doesn't have to be about ego. We naturally affect each other all the time.
the ego is such a powerful formidable force, a force to be reckoned with that's for sure.
That's true... and it can be very blinding!
'Calling the mirror names only rebounds back atcha as an echo of your own idiocy, since mirrors don't do anything but reflect on themselves
I've already used it on a poster here at this forum...because they called me an idiot...hehehe..chuckles (smiles) :)
Yes, I've seen you whip out your mirror. ;-) It seems like a "power play" (to me), to redirect what is being said. I think that for two reasons: 1) You don't seem to use it on yourself and the things you say, and 2) We are mirrors for each other constantly, that's just how it is, so whipping it out visually in response to what someone says seems to be a decidedly deflective tactic. It can just as easily be turned around on you and everything you say... so what's the point of it, really? We're here to playfully interact, not be silenced by some mirror god. :)

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:49 am

Lacewing wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:12 am
We're here to playfully interact, not be silenced by some mirror god. :)


The mirror god power play tactic, as you so dramatically put it... was intended to remind us, as you very well know, that we are only ever playfully interacting with ourselves. You know... what you do to others...and all that.... ?

Did the reminder hurt your little feelings did they.. ? You prove this every time we attempt discussion, in that when you don't like something I've posted, you turn the mirror monster trick that you have already said is pointless right back at me because you really do not like looking at yourself.And that is why any conversation with you is like eating eggshells...it gets rather tediously dull and pointless after a few bites.



.

]...[
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by ]...[ » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:17 pm

.





...........................................................Image




93% of ALL donations to the church go right to the church.

Only ~7% of ALL monies collected go directly to individual charities or individuals in need when you donate through a church.



ALL religious books are available online now. For free, if you have access to a device.



Each of us are able to find community, in some form, independant from recognized religious institutions.




...so, What is Church exactly?


Why church?






......................................................Image







.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:06 pm

]...[ wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:17 pm

...so, What is Church exactly?


Why church?
Because people like to take life very seriously, so people feel that legal establishments like churches radiate more authenticity to support and reinforce whatever beliefs they hold dear about themselves and the world in which they live.People like to feel that the world in which they live is real, important and purposeful, and are wiling to pay for those held beliefs... but of course all of that pretentious self indulgence is a load of old crock, when it all boils down to the truth that we're all one day going to die and never be seen again in the cold light of day, and life is just going to go on the same as it ever did , and that's the end of the matter.

.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2228
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Lacewing » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:49 am
You prove this every time we attempt discussion, in that when you don't like something I've posted, you turn the mirror monster trick.../... at me because you really do not like looking at yourself.
This is describing what you do -- look at your mirror postings.

No, it does not hurt my feelings... I think it's like most of the things you post... such as your monotonous and boring psychobabble which appears to be about making some sort of ultimate power play in having the "highest"/definitive answer... which there isn't... and that's what looks idiotic. Try communicating without claiming to know the greatest answers. See what that feels like. :)

Even your previous post here... you ended it with the words "that's the end of the matter". You continually make these end-all claims -- it seems to be second-nature for you. Know-it-all power plays and your deflective mirror are visibly apparent for what they are -- and you appear to be thoroughly intoxicated and reliant on them.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2336
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by attofishpi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:49 am
You prove this every time we attempt discussion, in that when you don't like something I've posted, you turn the mirror monster trick.../... at me because you really do not like looking at yourself.
This is describing what you do -- look at your mirror postings.

No, it does not hurt my feelings... I think it's like most of the things you post... such as your monotonous and boring psychobabble which appears to be about making some sort of ultimate power play in having the "highest"/definitive answer... which there isn't... and that's what looks idiotic. Try communicating without claiming to know the greatest answers. See what that feels like. :)

Even your previous post here... you ended it with the words "that's the end of the matter". You continually make these end-all claims -- it seems to be second-nature for you. Know-it-all power plays and your deflective mirror are visibly apparent for what they are -- and you appear to be thoroughly intoxicated and reliant on them.
Hey Lacewank - did you ever consider that all your spouting off about your preconceived ideas about everyone else is getting a tad boring. Do you ever actually have any insight or inner wisdom that you could actually share amongst us? No - because you are just a bitter little house (i would say wife) but divorcee that is in dire need of something to fulfill her pitiful pathetic shallow existence. But do carry on, because you oversee how embarrassing your rants are that most of us find amusing to your own detriment.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:13 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:49 am
You prove this every time we attempt discussion, in that when you don't like something I've posted, you turn the mirror monster trick.../... at me because you really do not like looking at yourself.
This is describing what you do -- look at your mirror postings.

A mirage debating on how to not be a mirage is entertaining in the extreme. It is a diversion, a ploy,designed to assuage the pain of what the Buddha called suffering. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Lacewing wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:56 pm
No, it does not hurt my feelings... I think it's like most of the things you post... such as your monotonous and boring psychobabble which appears to be about making some sort of ultimate power play in having the "highest"/definitive answer... which there isn't... and that's what looks idiotic. Try communicating without claiming to know the greatest answers. See what that feels like.

Even your previous post here... you ended it with the words "that's the end of the matter". You continually make these end-all claims -- it seems to be second-nature for you. Know-it-all power plays and your deflective mirror are visibly apparent for what they are -- and you appear to be thoroughly intoxicated and reliant on them.
The emptiness from where I look and what is seen is the same emptiness looking back at itself.
And that's the end of the matter.

.

HexHammer
Posts: 2833
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by HexHammer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm

Harbal wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 pm
HexHammer wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 pm
I'm very offended!
I'm sorry, HexHammer, I didn't realise you were intelligent enough to be offended.
You are usually not that rude, something must have been bugging you, did your mom sayno? I have an IQ of about 131 I know you have WAY lower, so it seems it's your usual stupid babble!

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2228
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Lacewing » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:30 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:08 pm
did you ever consider that all your spouting off about your preconceived ideas about everyone else is getting a tad boring.
I consider everything I say, and how it might apply to me also. Do you do that with the things you say?

I don't think my ideas tend to be preconceived, as I'm usually responding directly to something that someone has just said. As for whether what I say is boring, it may be to some people... while entertaining to other people. Everyone can comment on it as they like.
attofishpi wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:08 pm
Do you ever actually have any insight or inner wisdom that you could actually share amongst us?
I don't know. Sharing my perspective is just like anyone sharing their perspective... and whether or not you have your own realizations in the process of that is your trip. For example, a lot of the things you say demonstrate to me how people can be real assholes.

Oh, and ignorant too... as shown below:
attofishpi wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:08 pm
No - because you are just a bitter little house (i would say wife) but divorcee that is in dire need of something to fulfill her pitiful pathetic shallow existence.
See, this is just really stupid because you have no idea what I'm like, but you're imposing your preconceived asshole projection.
attofishpi wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:08 pm
But do carry on, because you oversee how embarrassing your rants are that most of us find amusing to your own detriment.
Who are you speaking for, exactly? You're trying to sound clever (and bigger than you are), and it's not working. Maybe you haven't been paying attention -- but I've made it clear that I find it all amusing, MYSELF. So where is the detriment... other than to anyone who is taking it seriously?

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Harbal » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:38 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm
You are usually not that rude,
I'm not being rude, in my part of the world that would be considered a compliment.
did your mom sayno?
I imagine that in your part of the world this would be a compliment.
I have an IQ of about 131 I know you have WAY lower,
As a matter of fact, I have an IQ of 185.3, obviously it used to be higher when I was in my prime.
so it seems it's your usual stupid babble!
Your babble is far more stupid than mine, Hex, and no, I'm not just saying that, I really mean it.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 2228
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Lacewing » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm
I have an IQ of about 131
Then why do your posts show that you are functioning so far below that?

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by Harbal » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Then why do your posts show that you are functioning so far below that?
They use a different scale in his part of Transylvania.

HexHammer
Posts: 2833
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: ~ What is Church ? ~

Post by HexHammer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:51 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 pm
HexHammer wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm
I have an IQ of about 131
Then why do your posts show that you are functioning so far below that?
The You have returned! Why if I may ask??!?
Last edited by HexHammer on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests