Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Post by Greatest I am »

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

The Luke and Mark quotes are referring to the following.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

For an extended view of that from my favorite philosopher. ----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

You will note that the bible teaches Jesus’ way and Gnostic Christianity follows that good way, yet the church never teaches Jesus’ true way.

Why is Christianity ignoring and even hiding the only worthy Jesus and the teachings of his way?

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Don't you have better things to think about?
Philosophy Explorer

Re: Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:08 am Don't you have better things to think about?
Yes, don't YOU? Put up a thread and show us. GIA isn't here to entertain you nor anyone else. He has the right to philosophize any way he see fits. So what are the "better things to think about?"

PhilX
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

I really thought this thread would not stand. Isn't it more for a Christian or Religious site ?
There is a mention of a philosopher and a link - but with no further explanation.
Philosophy Explorer

MB,

This is dealing with religion with a focus on knowledge so I see a place for the thread here. If you're not interested, you're free to give the thread a pass or even better, post your own thread.

PhilX
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:38 am MB,

This is dealing with religion with a focus on knowledge so I see a place for the thread here. If you're not interested, you're free to give the thread a pass or even better, post your own thread.

PhilX
I'm well aware of what I can and can't do, according to level of interest. I'm interested enough to pose the question and ask for clarity - so a bit of civility on your part would be appreciated.
In other words, fuck off :evil:
Philosophy Explorer

marjoram_blues wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:42 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:38 am MB,

PhilX
I'm well aware of what I can and can't do, according to level of interest. I'm interested enough to pose the question and ask for clarity - so a bit of civility on your part would be appreciated.
Look at who's talking about civility. :lol:

As far as the only legitimate part of your post where you commented:

"There is a mention of a philosopher and a link - but with no further explanation."

I'm sure GIA will respond.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

:lol:
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:27 pm

:lol:
Laughing from your happy bit burger I see (I bet a lot of people in your area get obese from the garbage you eat over there).

PhilX
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:08 am Don't you have better things to think about?
The more Christians about, instead of Gnostic Christians, the more homophobia and misogyny will plague us.

Your wife is second class at present and so are the gays in your blood line.

Do unto them, if you have the time to think about them.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:37 am
Yes, don't YOU? Put up a thread and show us. GIA isn't here to entertain you nor anyone else. He has the right to philosophize any way he see fits. So what are the "better things to think about?"

PhilX
Thank you.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

marjoram_blues wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am I really thought this thread would not stand. Isn't it more for a Christian or Religious site ?
There is a mention of a philosopher and a link - but with no further explanation.
The link explains what Jesus really taught and if the church taught it, homophobias and misogyny would be reduced drastically.

Is the homophobias and misogyny that Christians curse us with just a Christian issue? Are your women and gay kin discriminated against without a just cause? Yes they are.

That is the way Christianity teaches and not the way Jesus taught. Support Jesus' way.

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Spastic Gnome.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 pm
That is the way Christianity teaches and not the way Jesus taught. Support Jesus' way.
It's still all religion, ditch it, it's no good for you.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 pm
marjoram_blues wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am I really thought this thread would not stand. Isn't it more for a Christian or Religious site ?
The link explains what Jesus really taught and if the church taught it, homophobias and misogyny would be reduced drastically.

Is the homophobias and misogyny that Christians curse us with just a Christian issue? Are your women and gay kin discriminated against without a just cause? Yes they are.

Regards
DL
Thanks, DL -
I haven't clicked on the link; was it produced by your 'favourite philosopher' ?
I support the way of love and understanding, as much as I am able.
However, I doubt there is such a thing as unconditional love, even in the case of Jesus.

The recently deceased Liu Xiabo, Nobel peace laureate and democracy campaigner, spent a quarter of his life behind bars in China. His philosophy was described as 'Ghandian' - using non-violent resistance to overcome 'forceful tyranny'.

It seems that there is a huge chasm between China's claim to responsible global leadership and the realities of one-party China. And yet, the powers that be shake hands and smile. For what?
World peace ?

Writing about his life as a prisoner: ' A calm and steady mind can look at a steel gate and see a road to freedom.'

He believed that love can dissipate hate.
He wrote a book, ' No enemies, no hatred'.

To return to your specific interests of discrimination - humans are becoming more informed about the issues and progress has been made. However, it just takes a few in power - religion or politics - for laws to be repealed.

It is this that concerns me most. Continual vigilance is required in the here and now realities.
Not searching for justification in the Bible.
Use your calm and steady mind.