Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

marjoram_blues

Re: Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Post by marjoram_blues »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm Spastic Gnome.
What the help is the matter with you that you seek attention so ?
Greatest I am

Re: Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Post by Greatest I am »

Harbal wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:44 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 pm
That is the way Christianity teaches and not the way Jesus taught. Support Jesus' way.
It's still all religion, ditch it, it's no good for you.
I think I can judge that better than you can.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

marjoram_blues wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 pm
marjoram_blues wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am I really thought this thread would not stand. Isn't it more for a Christian or Religious site ?
There is a mention of a philosopher and a link - but with no further explanation.
The link explains what Jesus really taught and if the church taught it, homophobias and misogyny would be reduced drastically.

Is the homophobias and misogyny that Christians curse us with just a Christian issue? Are your women and gay kin discriminated against without a just cause? Yes they are.

That is the way Christianity teaches and not the way Jesus taught. Support Jesus' way.

Regards
DL
Thanks, DL -
I haven't clicked on the link; was it produced by your 'favourite philosopher' ?
I support the way of love and understanding, as much as I am able.
However, I doubt there is such a thing as unconditional love, even in the case of Jesus.

The recently deceased Liu Xiabo, Nobel peace laureate and democracy campaigner, spent a quarter of his life behind bars in China. His philosophy was described as 'Ghandian' - using non-violent resistance to overcome 'forceful tyranny'.

It seems that there is a huge chasm between China's claim to responsible global leadership and the realities of one-party China. And yet, the powers that be shake hands and smile. For what?
World peace ?

Writing about his life as a prisoner: ' A calm and steady mind can look at a steel gate and see a road to freedom.'

He believed that love can dissipate hate.
He wrote a book, ' No enemies, no hatred'.

To return to your specific interests of discrimination - humans are becoming more informed about the issues and progress has been made. However, it just takes a few in power - religion or politics - for laws to be repealed.

It is this that concerns me most. Continual vigilance is required in the here and now realities.
Not searching for justification in the Bible.
Use your calm and steady mind.
Yes. We have all been warned of the corruption in both religious and political arenas.

I do not see anyone looking for justification in scriptures. Paters, perhaps. After all, it is a book of myths and patterns are about all it can show.

regards
DL